• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Whether he was signed for this and that is frankly immaterial. Has he been a valuable asset to this team? I think the answer to this is yes, and it is evidently reflected in our league position and the manager's trust in him.

At the end of the day, for someone that questioned the value of this transfer, I think one has to defer to his song....

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He wasn’t signed to be a striker, he was signed to replace Xhaka and Arteta let his ego get in the way and spent £75M on him and gave him the highest wages in the squad because he thought he could fix him and turn him into something he’s not.

He realised he sucked at CM and has looked good at striker allowing Arteta to look good again.

fute

He wasn’t signed to be a striker, he was signed to replace Xhaka and Arteta let his ego get in the way and spent £75M on him and gave him the highest wages in the squad because he thought he could fix him and turn him into something he’s not.

He realised he sucked at CM and has looked good at striker allowing Arteta to look good again.

well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Would rest him v Villa, let Jesus lose upfront again.

Kai is one booking away from a 2 game ban and Villa is last game before it's reset, may as well try and get through that game without him and not have him miss two games needlessly...as he's a unexpectedly aggressive player plus a terrible diver really, risks a booking a lot.

Keep him fresh for the execution he will put on those German tw8ts next week!

maxxspeed

Would rest him v Villa, let Jesus lose upfront again.

Kai is one booking away from a 2 game ban and Villa is last game before it's reset, may as well try and get through that game without him and not have him miss two games needlessly...as he's a unexpectedly aggressive player plus a terrible diver really, risks a booking a lot.

Keep him fresh for the execution he will put on those German tw8ts next week!
He has only 8 yellow cards, the only way he can get 2 game ban is if he got a red in the next game

elemoo

Sign of a good manager tbh, his first gig and at a young age he’s obv going to make mistakes and every manager has due to their ego etc. but a willingness to take the risk and adapt when it hasn’t gone to the original plan is really good I think.

As for Kai, was involved in both goals against Bayern, would prob start him this weekend so Jesus can come on for 30mins and be ready to start on the wing next week. Havertz durability and engine is immense and think he’d be ready to battle hard and hopefully help us get over the line.

Buhry

Established Member

He isn't good in midfield. Not good enough on the ball and doesn't pass well at all when he plays there. We saw this before and then mikel wanted to try it again. ****s sake man. Everything good Kai did today was when running in behind and off the ball. Nothing useful on it.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

What I will say for him is that his deep runs from midfield caused all kinds of havoc for Villa in that 1st, I'm surprised that nobody is really bringing this up.

I thought it was working quite effectively, we just didn't finish.

2nd half I feel we collectively lost it a bit.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His runs had Villa at sea during the first half, If there was anyone offering support (or if Kai was a better finisher) would've been an easy game.

Really don't think this is the performance to say he isn't built for the midfield.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

What I will say for him is that his deep runs from midfield caused all kinds of havoc for Villa in that 1st, I'm surprised that nobody is really bringing this up.

I thought it was working quite effectively, we just didn't finish.

2nd half I feel we collectively lost it a bit.

Thing is we start to lose control of games when he's there. We work better with him at 9 and it's no doubt

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He was perfectly fine. He made some very good runs, his passing was crisp and he put in a good defensive shift as well. He should however have been played up top, I think we can all agree on that. The result is not on him at all but on Arteta tinkering with something that had nobody had found an answer for.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Thing is we start to lose control of games when he's there. We work better with him at 9 and it's no doubt

This thing is overall I tend to agree that we work better with him at 9/false 9.

But I think @Penn_ also makes an excellent point that his runs were carving Villa up and had we capitalised on it I think the opinion on him playing in MF would've been different.

And this is coming from somebody that didn't like the idea of him going back to midfield again, so you know it's not me speaking from bias.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

This thing is overall I tend to agree that we work better with him at 9/false 9.

But I think @Penn_ also makes an excellent point that his runs were carving Villa up and had we capitalised on it I think the opinion on him playing in MF would've been different.

And this is coming from somebody that didn't like the idea of him going back to midfield again, so you know it's not me speaking from bias.

He was working well individually but it didn't work overall

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Damn, I hate to be right. He wasn't even bad today, but let's put this midfield malarkey in the bin. He should be nothing more than our backup striker moving forward. Thanks for Marchvertz Kai but we are too far in our project to be saving h0es.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom