• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Thought he messed up a lot of things in the final third, he'll never be that type of player really. Would rather he sits deeper.
Strange game to highlight his weaknesses. Scored a goal, hit the post, made a wonderful run that should have resulted in an assist for him. I will take this 'messed up a lot of things in final third' game if he can produce that kind of performance going forward.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Thought he messed up a lot of things in the final third, he'll never be that type of player really. Would rather he sits deeper.

I think I said we should use him like how Liverpool did with Gerrard a few months back IIRC.

High tempo, pressing further up, powering and striding through with his runs. It worked pretty well for them and rattled quite a few teams in Europe during the 00s tbf. Just need a Fernando Torres at CF and Xabi Alonso as a DLP.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Strange game to highlight his weaknesses. Scored a goal, hit the post, made a wonderful run that should have resulted in an assist for him. I will take this 'messed up a lot of things in final third' game if he can produce that kind of performance going forward.

Yeah sure, but I don't it's an isolated case either he can score and he can cross, the little intricate stuff don't think he'll ever excel at and from how we use our left 8 you'd probably want a bit more security there in a technical sense. Fair play tho he still produced.

GoonerJay24

Impressed with the goal, hardworking and driven as always. I still don't think he offers enough in the final third, for a team playing possession-based football. It just doesn't look natural to me.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
People need to stop pretend this guy not good the guy obviously world class

If you English having him and Bellingham in midfield is exciting it's like when France had Kante and Pogba too much unlimited potential
It should be but remember Gareth Southgate will play Henderson or Kalvin Phillips next to them for no reason and let Purple Patchford stink the LW up.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It should be but remember Gareth Southgate will play Henderson or Kalvin Phillips next to them for no reason and let Purple Patchford stink the LW up.
Well I hope this euros is last for Southgate unforgivable wasting this generation specially when England won nothing since 1966

Batman

Well I hope this euros is last for Southgate unforgivable wasting this generation specially when England won nothing since 1966
Him and Deschamps are both awful. France should probably have won back to back World Cups. They're right now easily the two most talented national teams in the world and both managers are holding them back.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Him and Deschamps are both awful. France should probably have won back to back World Cups. They're right now easily the two most talented national teams in the world and both managers are holding them back.

I think Deschamps might even be worse than Southgate, tbh.

France 100% should have won the last 4 international tournaments, don't think any team is close to them talent wise right now...the fact they only 1 of those 4 is so bad and it's pretty much all on him and his weird selections, they lost to Switzerland one year ffs😭

Batman

I think Deschamps might even be worse than Southgate, tbh.

France 100% should have won the last 4 international tournaments, don't think any team is close to them talent wise right now...the fact they only 1 of those 4 is so bad and it's pretty much all on him and his weird selections, they lost to Switzerland one year ffs😭
Yeah you're probably right but he fluked one at Southgate didn't.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Thank god we won. Otherwise his rocket from outside the box that hit the bar could've been one of those "what if" moments.

Batman

He'll be at any system because to me he settle and learn quick.
One thing we're not talking about because of how easy he has made it look is how high his football IQ is. For him to have come in and learned multiple roles here with very few growing pains pretty much immediately is incredible. You would think that going from Moyes' draconian football to this very intricate system would require some adaptation just in terms of learning the demands but he has done it flawlessly with very few issues.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom