• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Very poor today. Even before the first goal, he had Saka in acres of space on the wing and played a pathetic floating pass that came up about 10 yards short and allowed them to counter. I could understand being a bit tentative in the Bayern match with an eye on his yellow and possible suspension but this was just pitiful today.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ran out of steam today. Felt like he was just kinda there rather than the dominant force he has been. Reinforces the need for a supplementary player in the same sort of category as him or at the least a player who can shift the dynamic of the game but is of a similar level.

Not worried about him tbf but he'll have way better days than today.

elemoo

Amazing player but today he was the worst of our midfield, even with Havertz at 8. I def put a bit of it down to Arteta not using Partey but also his passing was so bad, he was easily bypassed and lacked positional awareness almost the entire 2nd half.

He must be absolutely fatigued. I don't think he played this many games with West Ham and he never gets a rest. An excellent player at 6, but he's only very good at 8. I'm not worried about him, but we need to get a good back up like Onana. Our squad is full of players like ESR, Viera, Partey, Jorginho who are all a level below the Rices and Rodris whereas City's back-ups are half a level below. That's something we'll correct over time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Rice- says it was tough especially with the chances we didn't take. He didn't see the result coming. He says with 15 minutes to go, don't lose if you can't win. He says it's time for a reaction and that today is a day to reset. He says we have 6 finals in the PL and we'll give it everything.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Rice- says it was tough especially with the chances we didn't take. He didn't see the result coming. He says with 15 minutes to go, don't lose if you can't win. He says it's time for a reaction and that today is a day to reset. He says we have 6 finals in the PL and we'll give it everything.
What he should have said was that he was sorry for completely blowing his assignment and allowing the first goal. If I want to hear PR statements after failure, I'll go to Marcus Rashford's Twitter.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What he should have said was that he was sorry for completely blowing his assignment and allowing the first goal. If I want to hear PR statements after failure, I'll go to Marcus Rashford's Twitter.

Someone posted those manager quotes from other PL teams and this is the downside to him filling in at LB.

If we get countered on quickly he doesn’t have the instincts of a full back and knows where to be positioned for crosses.

Near post defender whoever it was did a really poor job making the challenge and letting it go through but Rice didn’t cover himself in glory at all.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He had to be putting out fires everywhere against Bayern because Jorginho has the mobility of Stephen Hawking.
I’m gonna watch him closely vs Bayern. I don’t expect much. His football brain is just not there yet. He just don’t see passes early and only see the simple obvious pass.

• Popcorn
Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even this guy looked gassed today. really 2nd half we struggled to to get something in midfield because he like the other players just fatigued.

well he being one man machine in midfield all season so i won't be surprised the level drop mikel should just keep Jorginho Rice partneship until the end of season. all this Partey guy fault he decided to have a season off and when he back he looked drunk would have helped if he stayed fit.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
I’m gonna watch him closely vs Bayern. I don’t expect much. His football brain is just not there yet. He just don’t see passes early and only see the simple obvious pass.

He needs to come out on top against Pavlovic this Wednesday, that kid is brilliant and easily their top 4 best players this season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He needs to come out on top against Pavlovic this Wednesday, that kid is brilliant and easily their top 4 best players this season.
I think their ability on the ball will be huge contrast. Unlike rice this kid don’t need 5 touches to move the ball on

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]
Top Bottom