• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s a nothing player.

Look at that first goal, we’re in a title race, chips are down, he has is chance to come on and effect the game and he gets brushed aside like he’s not there.

Bin him in the summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The Willock goal in the Newcastle game a couple months ago was incredible foreshadowing for his cameo today. He got beaten easily for the 1st goal and was hopelessly out of control of the duel for the clincher. His off the ball weaknesses were heavily exposed in this cameo and I think it'll be the thing that prevents him from furthering his career here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe he was subbed on into an occasion that big, he's pretty finished now (well at least finished here)

Was the equivalent of subbing on the nerd or animal in one of those 90s kids films, that then inexplicably saves the day...but in reality he just jogs around and does nothing.

More on Arteta than Emile for me though.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He’s a nothing player.

Look at that first goal, we’re in a title race, chips are down, he has is chance to come on and effect the game and he gets brushed aside like he’s not there.

Bin him in the summer.
Why was he the last man and not Tomiyasu/Ben White though???? Poor decision IMO to have him as the last man against a physical Ollie Watkins.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can't believe he was subbed on into an occasion that big, he's pretty finished now (well at least finished here)

Was the equivalent of subbing on the nerd or animal in one of those 90s kids films, that then inexplicably saves the day...but in reality he just jogs around and does nothing.

The sub was unfair on him. This is not elliot for Liverpool coming on. He is used all the time. Arteta don’t use certain guys for months outside once or twice and then suddenly throws them on the most vital moment

10 mins to go 0-0 you desperately need a goal and he takes out Ødegaard and put ESR. No one in the world would do that. I don’t think smith Rowe family would have done that. It’s mind blowing decision

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why was he the last man and not Tomiyasu/Ben White though???? Poor decision IMO to have him as the last man against a physical Ollie Watkins.

I’m not as annoyed about that one. He’s far too weak on the first goal. Look at his react ion when the ball gets played past him. Sums him up.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What’s the point in him being here if people are surprised he’s subbed on.

The manager gave him a chance to make an impact and he’s weak as piss as usual.

It’s on Arteta that he persists with him at all.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What’s the point in him being here if people are surprised he’s subbed on.

The manager gave him a chance to make an impact and he’s weak as piss as usual.

It’s on Arteta that he persists with him at all.
He doesn’t persist with him. He started him Luton and shef United home this season in the league. It’s not a player he brings on ever unless the game is done. Suddenly he says to him save our season

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He doesn’t persist with him. He started him Luton and shef United home this season in the league. It’s not a player he brings on ever unless the game is done. Suddenly he says to him save our season

There’s a reason for that, as we saw today.

Not having enough minutes has nothing to do with not competing, walking around the pitch and getting brushed aside like he isn’t there.

Arteta’s mistake is even having him at the club in the first place.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seriously how lazy that was defending against guy who played the whole game.

Not want to blame him but has to do better Arteta likes him but it's time to leave him Eddie and Nelson taking space that they don't deserve they below the level we trying to reach

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Not having enough minutes has nothing to do with not competing, walking around the pitch and getting brushed aside like he isn’t there.

Steady! :lol:

I do think he's due to leave tbh. I think all 3 of the current academy crop should go (Reiss not even on the bench today again). There's a new crop on the come up and I think we've seen the limit these guys have with the current makeup and attributes of the squad. ESR probably had the best chance of the 3 but his off the ball game just isn't developing enough yet.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ultimately that is probably the nail that sees him out the door. With Arteta you're a defender first, something he continues to leave doubts with.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Don’t defend the madness. Arteta has not brought on him once this season when the game was undecided last 15 mins. He has shown consistently he doesn’t trust him. Today was just him panicking like he did last season

The manager clearly don’t have the temperament for this stage of the season

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Steady! :lol:

I do think he's due to leave tbh. I think all 3 of the current academy crop should go (Reiss not even on the bench today again). There's a new crop on the come up and I think we've seen the limit these guys have with the current makeup and attributes of the squad. ESR probably had the best chance of the 3 but his off the ball game just isn't developing enough yet.

Feel a bit bad for singling him out as he only came on at the end but he’s such frustrating player to watch. Walks around, no intensity, plays in moments.

Just can’t help but feel he’s very comfortable with the position he’s in, to me he doesn’t look like a player that’s doing everything he can to make it at his boyhood club.

Look at Eddie, clearly not at the level but he’s leaves everything on the pitch for the club.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don’t defend the madness. Arteta has not brought on him once this season when the game was undecided last 15 mins. He has shown consistently he doesn’t trust him. Today was just him panicking like he did last season

The manager clearly don’t have the temperament for this stage of the season

Ødegaard got injured, which is why he came on.

He’s a professional football player playing for a club in a title race. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t had many minutes, do you job and show some urgency.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Feel a bit bad for singling him out as he only came on at the end but he’s such frustrating player to watch. Walks around, no intensity, plays in moments.

Just can’t help but feel he’s very comfortable with the position he’s in, to me he doesn’t look like a player that’s doing everything he can to make it at his boyhood club.

Look at Eddie, clearly not at the level but he’s leaves everything on the pitch for the club.
It's why Eddie was still getting the minutes ahead of ESR and Nelson. The former definitely feels too comfy and Nelson is grafting just as much but he's a little too happy and grateful, scared to take any risks to upset his position. Even Nketiah in general has gotten sloppy in his workrate.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's why Eddie was still getting the minutes ahead of ESR and Nelson. The former definitely feels too comfy and Nelson is grafting just as much but he's a little too happy and grateful, scared to take any risks to upset his position. Even Nketiah in general has gotten sloppy in his workrate.

I agree with you. I never feel let down by Eddie or Reiss when they play, likewise when Willock was here. It’s the complete opposite with ESR. I don’t know what goes on in training but I can see why the manager doesn’t give him many minutes.

The reality is though, none of them have the ability to play for a team that competes for the title.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom