• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Wonder if they'll stick with Clint Hill in defence, laughable footballer that lad. Looks like a ******* blocklayer.

Caz19

Can't stand QPR. They're basically an oil club, just a ****ty one. Was hoping they'd lose out today.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They're linked with Rio.

Don't think they'll make the mistake of last time by bring in so many new players, Fernandes has said as much.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
**** QPR and everything they're about. They're the most laughable shower of **** in English football. They literally bought any semi-decent player on FIFA with no strategy.

Mercenaries ****ing United. Hope they crash and burn as quickly as possible. They're disgusting.

eye4goal

Established Member
Doubt many will see PL football next season given their unconvincing promotion in the end. Not a big fan of the play-off system and would just prefer straight promotion.

el57

not even close to an oil club. they're just a slightly stupid bottom table club. Even at the peak of their stupid spending they were throwing 13m at most for players. The wages were higher, but still lower than throwing at extra 10 million on every player. Hardly oil levels, you all are having a laugh.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
el57 said:
not even close to an oil club. they're just a slightly stupid bottom table club. Even at the peak of their stupid spending they were throwing 13m at most for players. The wages were higher, but still lower than throwing at extra 10 million on every player. Hardly oil levels, you all are having a laugh.

They were paying Samba 100k a week, Zamora is on 80k, Bosingwa was on 90k. They have 2 keepers on a combined 190k, one of them is out on loan.

Slightly stupid bottom table club my ****ing arse. Their wage bill is higher than ****ing Dortmund and they're losing more money than Manchester ****ing City. No, they're not funded by oil, but that doesn't make a ****ing difference, they're doing the same thing.

el57

no they are not. They pay dumb wages for a mid or bottom level club. This is a known and obvious fact.

They do not come anywhere near the spending we see in transfers and wages from Manchester City or PSG. You are being thick if you think so.

edit: dokaka I feel you're forgetting what it's like to have a real oil club try and elevate a midtable club again. What City (and to a much lesser level, Chelsea) did was many magnitudes beyond QPR. They would throw 30m at players who were mediocre and give big wages. For years. In the end, City wins the league a couple times and we forget how outrageous their spending was, but it was insane for a midtable club.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I haven't said they're City or PSG. I'm saying they're doing the exact same ****ing thing, the amount doesn't matter. Spending that much over your means is ridiculous and they'd NEVER be allowed into Europe at this rate.

You're underestimating their wage bill. They're not paying "dumb" wages for a mid or bottom level club, they're paying wages higher than Champions League finalists.

Their stadium is also tiny. People criticize us for paying £15m for Carroll and then 70k per week - QPR have several players on the reserves earning more than him.

They're pathetic and will crash and burn.

el57

Dokaka said:
I haven't said they're City or PSG. I'm saying they're doing the exact same ******* thing, the amount doesn't matter. Spending that much over your means is ridiculous and they'd NEVER be allowed into Europe at this rate.

You're underestimating their wage bill. They're not paying "dumb" wages for a mid or bottom level club, they're paying wages higher than Champions League finalists.

Their stadium is also tiny. People criticize us for paying £15m for Carroll and then 70k per week - QPR have several players on the reserves earning more than him.

They're pathetic and will crash and burn.

oh i grant you that compared to West Ham they are ridiculous. But the wages are, for better or worse, going to be sustainable on PL status. It's higher than Atletico, but I think the bottom PL clubs got more TV money than Atletico. the PL just has more money than other leagues, and QPR wage problem comes from the misguided attempt to stay in the PL. It's not just QPR who has a higher wage level than Atletico: fulham were bottom in PL and were just about level with Atletico too. This is not a QPR problem.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
QPR just have a team of ex-Premier League mid-table journeymen, who are overpaid and past their best. And Hoilett.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Anyone follow Collymore on Twitter? Bloke was on a rampage yesterday night.

Among other issues, very passionate about a free Ireland.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

GDeep said:

The guy's a legend!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tir Na Nog said:
GDeep said:

The guy's a legend!

Might be getting sacked, his tweet on the Brits thieving the Falklands is making news. Spot on with everything if you ask me.

Bit unfair he still gets stick for the Ulrika incident btw, and the dogging.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Given that Southampton might lose a couple of key players during summer, I think no one can expect their new manager(s) to do any better than Pochettino last season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Surprised no one has heard about this yet!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/24/yaya-toure-brother-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ester-city</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yaya Touré has claimed Manchester City denied him the chance to spend time with his brother Ibrahim, who died of cancer last week.

Touré took part in the Premier League champions’ end-of-season tour to Dubai before flying to the World Cup with Ivory Coast while his family tended to Ibrahim in Manchester.

In an interview with France Football, Touré said: “I confess that I am still very sad. I’m suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.

“At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days.

“I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

“However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline. This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season, because my head had taken control of my body. These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.”

Relations between City and Touré have been strained of late and the Ivorian midfielder’s assertion will fuel speculation the 31-year-old’s future lies elsewhere.

darkgunner

Tir Na Nog said:
Surprised no one has heard about this yet!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/24/yaya-toure-brother-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ester-city</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yaya Touré has claimed Manchester City denied him the chance to spend time with his brother Ibrahim, who died of cancer last week.

Touré took part in the Premier League champions’ end-of-season tour to Dubai before flying to the World Cup with Ivory Coast while his family tended to Ibrahim in Manchester.

In an interview with France Football, Touré said: “I confess that I am still very sad. I’m suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.

“At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to give me a few days.

“I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

“However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline. This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season, because my head had taken control of my body. These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.”

Relations between City and Touré have been strained of late and the Ivorian midfielder’s assertion will fuel speculation the 31-year-old’s future lies elsewhere.

They'll probably make up for it with a 300k per week contract.

musicmonkey

Established Member
The owners have also began a huge redevelopment scheme in Manchester building 10,000 homes which is brilliant for the area but i do have to wonder whether they've dug up another loop hole to try and exploit. I'd like to think it was a business decision or something but they literally just picked the biggest development scheme the council offered apparently so it's not like they've scouted out some prime real estate.

Puts their fine into perspective given it was £50m and they're looking to put in half a billion into the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom