• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

First Ever Arsenal Game!!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Hi!

I am overjoyed as my wife got me a birthday gift to see our Gunners play on October 28th against Sheffield United.

This is a huge deal as we are travelling from Canada to London and only staying 4 nights in Islington as that was the only time off she could swing from my work (I am a teacher). She planned everything but I am just wondering if anyone can give me some insights into where to eat and go in this area? We arrive on the 26th and leave on the 30th (my birthday).

I am overjoyed as I have only been to England once and that was with an ex many years ago. We did see the Emirates Stadium, however, I have no idea where the pictures I took are so I am super excited to go with my wife now and make new memories and actually see a game this time!!

Thanks in advance for all the input and advice for getting around and sightseeing!

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Hi!

I am overjoyed as my wife got me a birthday gift to see our Gunners play on October 28th against Sheffield United.

This is a huge deal as we are travelling from Canada to London and only staying 4 nights in Islington as that was the only time off she could swing from my work (I am a teacher). She planned everything but I am just wondering if anyone can give me some insights into where to eat and go in this area? We arrive on the 26th and leave on the 30th (my birthday).

I am overjoyed as I have only been to England once and that was with an ex many years ago. We did see the Emirates Stadium, however, I have no idea where the pictures I took are so I am super excited to go with my wife now and make new memories and actually see a game this time!!

Thanks in advance for all the input and advice for getting around and sightseeing!
Do you know which part of Islington you are in? Loads of good food places on Upper Street (runs from Angel tube to Highbury and Islington Station) - but of course if you are near a tube station, you will have easy access to central London, and with it a thousand different options!

What kind of food do you like, or do you want to try? What kind of other things do you want to do? I'm sure between us we London gooners can provide quite a list!
(only last weekend Anita from Croatia who used to be on my podcast most weeks was over with her Husband to take in the City game, so I met up with them and we walked around bits of London they wanted to see!)

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Do you know which part of Islington you are in? Loads of good food places on Upper Street (runs from Angel tube to Highbury and Islington Station) - but of course if you are near a tube station, you will have easy access to central London, and with it a thousand different options!

What kind of food do you like, or do you want to try? What kind of other things do you want to do? I'm sure between us we London gooners can provide quite a list!
(only last weekend Anita from Croatia who used to be on my podcast most weeks was over with her Husband to take in the City game, so I met up with them and we walked around bits of London they wanted to see!)

i am unsure which part of Islington, however, we are staying at the Hilton Angel. We looked up a few placed around the area and it showed a chicken wing spot and an Indian place.

It shows we are a 30 minute walk to the stadium.

For food, the main things we want to try are Fish & Chips, Indian & Shawarma. The hotel offers free breakfast for us wich is great.

Is there any other types of food we should try out? We want the typical British foods but not sure what they are lol.

Thanks!

@Tom Mix Ill see if Mikel can put the wife in to play against Sheffield :p

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Loads of good places to eat around there!

Gallipoli towards Highbury & Islington station does good Turkish food.

Le Mercury a little further in the same direction does brilliant French food.

Sambal Shiok, London on Holloway Road does great Malaysian food

HOME | bam1 by Highbury corner does great Turkish food too.

as for others, it depends how far afield you want to go, but there will be loads of Indian and Shawarma places to choose from and most pubs do a decent fish and chips ;-)

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Arsenal vs Man City pre season game in Gothenburg 2016. We won and akpom and Elneny scored I believe. Probably the only game I’ll ever watch as I don’t fly anymore.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom