• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus (Out)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If Jesus was to sort the injury problems and accept he is a winger then I'd happily keep him.

Trossard New Striker Saka
Martinelli Havertz Jesus

Although Arteta may not use that depth, it gives us plenty of ability to rotate throughout the season.

Personally think we'd benefit more from a new winger and keeping Jesus and Havertz as the strikers. None of the strikers we are linked to "move the needle".

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Personally think we'd benefit more from a new winger and keeping Jesus and Havertz as the strikers. None of the strikers we are linked to "move the needle".
Respectfully disagree. I think a fit and firing Isak gives us the player Jesus thinks he is and moves the needle. Whether we get him or not is a different matter . But even if none move the needle it's clear we lack a clinical smell the danger type forward.

I'm not sure who a new winger comes in and replaces as we've a good mix of skillset out wide. If we sign an expensive right winger he will sit on the bench behind Saka and if we buy a left winger makes us very left side heavy -and I think Trossard and Martinelli gives us a good mix out there, another winger just kills them. There is too much short term thinking re Martinelli who was very important early on in the season.

Jesus outwide gives us a capable replacement for Saka without spending a penny and allows us to divert money into a more critical first team player - and then Havertz can drop back with Rice and Ødegaard.

Black Noir

Respectfully disagree. I think a fit and firing Isak gives us the player Jesus thinks he is and moves the needle. Whether we get him or not is a different matter . But even if none move the needle it's clear we lack a clinical smell the danger type forward.

I'm not sure who a new winger comes in and replaces as we've a good mix of skillset out wide. If we sign an expensive right winger he will sit on the bench behind Saka and if we buy a left winger makes us very left side heavy -and I think Trossard and Martinelli gives us a good mix out there, another winger just kills them. There is too much short term thinking re Martinelli who was very important early on in the season.

Jesus outwide gives us a capable replacement for Saka without spending a penny and allows us to divert money into a more critical first team player - and then Havertz can drop back with Rice and Ødegaard.
Isak, would give us more than Martienelli gives on the LW, very good CF obviously. Injury problems are a thing though. Trossard might never get these stats goal wise again, assist wise definitely more a chance. Jaysus should be shifted , big wages . If a big offer came for Martienlli I would not mind selling . But we have a lot other out goings that are happening as well imo. Nelson , Nketiah, Smith Rowe , Fabio . We can’t keep hoarding players the manager do not rate.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Palmeiras' board is apparently meeting with hsi agent and Arsenal to get a loan deal going.

His knees and head are well and trully done if that's the case.

Palmeiras is currently one of the richest clubs in Brazil and one of the most successful, but a 25m euro fee for Jesus down the line would mean 100m+ in BRL and would be the most expensive singing in the league by some distance.

Just don't see it happening and don't see how going to Brazil helps raise his ticket anymore than going to many different European teams that would jump at the opportunity of loaning him.

El Duderino

Unless, of course he is down real bad and wants to be in Brazil, which in and of itself is a problem.

Unless, of course he is down real bad and wants to be in Brazil, which in and of itself is a problem.
Outside of Saudi, Jesus wanting to go back to Brazil may be the only out Arsenal have (assuming he'd lower his wages to facilitate a move back home if that is what he wants - pure speculation though). I just don't see any team in Europe wanting to take on his massive wages given the injury problems and PSR pressures. It's not like its the end of the world if he stays, he provides good depth at all three attacking positions. But obviously a player on his wages you'd want much more out of than quality depth.

CannonBals

Outside of Saudi, Jesus wanting to go back to Brazil may be the only out Arsenal have (assuming he'd lower his wages to facilitate a move back home if that is what he wants - pure speculation though). I just don't see any team in Europe wanting to take on his massive wages given the injury problems and PSR pressures. It's not like its the end of the world if he stays, he provides good depth at all three attacking positions. But obviously a player on his wages you'd want much more out of than quality depth.

At that salary with his fitness and output the only way you can move a player is if he is forced out. Which we generally dont do.

Thus I don't have much hope that either Jesus or Zinchenko leaves.
Learning should be banking on castoffs and established backups of well functioning team to take the next step rarely works.

El Duderino

At that salary with his fitness and output the only way you can move a player is if he is forced out. Which we generally dont do.

Thus I don't have much hope that either Jesus or Zinchenko leaves.
Learning should be banking on castoffs and established backups of well functioning team to take the next step rarely works.

Of course we force players out, where have you been the past 5 years?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Jesus and AC Milan is match made in heaven. Such an obvious signing with Giroud leaving for the mls

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
As Jesus is 1 of my favourite players this is quite depressing. If the reports are to be believed it looks like we're actively trying to ship him out. They must think he's pretty much done as a 27yo. Really sad if that's the case

CannonBals

Of course we force players out, where have you been the past 5 years?

We do buyout/terminations thats different than forcing players out.
Also we do those only in extreme situations when player has completely fallen out with management.

Examples of Forcing players out is Lukaku at Chelsea. They tried to sell him to Saudi publicly. When he didn't agree. Then in order for him to allow to go out on loan they reduced his salary over the whole contract.
As against we allowed Cedric to leave last Jan as he wanted gametime without a replacement when shrewd thing to do was either to keep him (he was better than holding) or force termination as we had no further plans for him.

(I think rather than force player out, I meant making shrewd decisions)

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
We do buyout/terminations thats different than forcing players out.
Also we do those only in extreme situations when player has completely fallen out with management.

Examples of Forcing players out is Lukaku at Chelsea. They tried to sell him to Saudi publicly. When he didn't agree. Then in order for him to allow to go out on loan they reduced his salary over the whole contract.
As against we allowed Cedric to leave last Jan as he wanted gametime without a replacement when shrewd thing to do was either to keep him (he was better than holding) or force termination as we had no further plans for him.

(I think rather than force player out, I meant making shrewd decisions)

What about Willian, Auba and Guenduzzi? Bellerin also.

CannonBals

What about Willian, Auba and Guenduzzi? Bellerin also.

Auba/Özil both were paid out. We paid Auba to terminate his contract, he then joins Barca and then 6 months later Barca sells him for 10m+.
Guenduzzi fell out with the manager and went out on loan. Situation similar to Sancho.

Bellerin was not pushed out he was actually facilitated a loan when/where he wanted to go as he wasn't getting any gametime then allowed a free tranfer to Barca next year.

I am talking about pushing out for sporting reasons when the player prefers to stay but the club pushes him off, like Mount/Tonali.

Maybe Willian, but not sure how much of that was because of club as Willian publically claimed he did this on his own accord. I'll give you Guenduzzi.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But is an Isak signing really on the cards? He has a long term contract, and is probably the last player Newcastle would consider to sell.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Kinda sad as I rate the player (he sh*ts all over Havertz dgaf), but due to his injuries you can't really complain if this is true.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We need to be ruthless and not carry anybody, this is what top clubs like City do.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom