• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arteta's been doing with the left 8 and forward positions.
Think it's about time we stop this left 8 utter nonsense. The guy can't beat a defender 1vs1 throughout the year, can't keep his head up to see what's going on around him, can't dribble, can't pass, and doesn't look like the smartest player on the pitch either.

A limited player who somehow earned a massive contract through hard work and being a yes man, but we can see now what he is

Menard

He literally may as well have done his ACL in August and been out all season, in terms of impact he's had this year. I mean the goals against City and Liverpool were huge obviously (one being a deflection, one being a tap in) but in terms of performances he's done nothing of note. It's normal for young players to have up and down seasons, so I wouldn't back selling him yet, but he's been a massive massive massive miss compared to last seasons form.

Rattata

Think it's about time we stop this left 8 utter nonsense. The guy can't beat a defender 1vs1 throughout the year, can't keep his head up to see what's going on around him, can't dribble, can't pass, and doesn't look like the smartest player on the pitch either.

A limited player who somehow earned a massive contract through hard work and being a yes man, but we can see now what he is
He does beat defenders though but usually the crosses just land at defenders because we got no presence in the box. Defenders can focus their attention on just defending the cross because they don't have to mark players or track runners. Same problem with Saka btw.. Saka does better because he can still combine or pick a pass after beating his defender.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
@Rasmi well well well

Whereas I’ve felt Saka is a top prospect but a bit overrated, this guy is just not that good as a winger.

15 league goals last season had people massively overrating him while clowning wingers like Rashford who have also had similar seasons in the past. Mikel’s already tried to replace him once, I’m sure he will again.

Massive wages too and I really doubt any top club will be in for him. We already have other PL clubs analysts/managers already saying he’s the limited one in the lineup and to pay less attention to him defensively.

The audacity. The rest of what you said was valid but the audacity of including Purple Patchford. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would've been nice if he just shot instead of over dribbling. The chance he also was so rush in it could have easily took a touch and put it calmly in corner

IrishGooner93

Really expected Arteta to be good with the wingers when he arrived and he had two great prospects in Saka and Martinelli and they've been turned into robots who are regressing at an alarming speed.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The audacity. The rest of what you said was valid but the audacity of including Purple Patchford. :lol:
Say what you want but Nelli’s best ever season still doesn’t better a Rashford season.

Now you can try and twist this into me somehow thinking Rashford is world class or you can read what I’m saying.

funny you mention purple patches because those 15 league goals last season are looking real purple right now.

Batman

Say what you want but Nelli’s best ever season still doesn’t better a Rashford season.

Now you can try and twist this into me somehow thinking Rashford is world class or you can read what I’m saying.

funny you mention purple patches because those 15 league goals last season are looking real purple right now.
I agree with you on the last point. All I'm saying is that you tried the "here we are" with me over today's result which is doesn't negate or change what transpired in the first leg and I was just pointing out there was an entire season where you told me this guy was something he's not so your "here we are" moment is worse than mine based on duration. It's been a sh*t day for the club either way whether we're petty or not. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Something is wrong in how we attack now, tbh.

Feel like none of our forwards have had really good seasons despite all our numbers, hell Saka has like double figures in goals and assists and even he hasn't looked great... that's not what should be happening when you are competing for what we are competing for.

Gabby was poor, but who isn't these days?

Feel Mikel has gone to far from last season's style, tbh ..we were non stop attack and maybe a bit too emotional, but instead of tweaking it slightly it's been changed to drastically.

Rarely see our players do anything exciting now, far too robotic for my liking.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Better than Saka today, but he has no LM to play with him, this has been largely studied and estabilshed already.

Batman

Better than Saka today, but he has no LM to play with him, this has been largely studied and estabilshed already.
Nobody in the team should need their hand held. Martinelli's issue is not and has never been who is playing next to him. It's decision making and execution, the same as Saka and everyone else in the team. Martinelli should be able to run at Kimmich regardless of whether Zidane or Pol Pot is playing the left 8 next to him.

HaffBR

Nobody in the team should need their hand held. Martinelli's issue is not and has never been who is playing next to him. It's decision making and execution, the same as Saka and everyone else in the team. Martinelli should be able to run at Kimmich regardless of whether Zidane or Pol Pot is playing the left 8 next to him.

I think he is done this season, physically I mean. Looks way slower, three injuries more one in the pre season this season. He is for 2024/25 now.

Batman

I think he is done this season, physically I mean. Looks way slower, three injuries more one in the pre season this season. He is for 2024/25 now.
He's got to fight to finish the season well. We still are not mathematically out of the title race even if it feels like it's over and I would imagine he wants to be selected for the Copa America so he's got to try to finish as well as possible. They all do.

HaffBR

He's got to fight to finish the season well. We still are not mathematically out of the title race even if it feels like it's over and I would imagine he wants to be selected for the Copa America so he's got to try to finish as well as possible. They all do.

I think he isn't physically as fit anymore. Needs time and a preseason.

TonyBouldy

@Rasmi well well well

Whereas I’ve felt Saka is a top prospect but a bit overrated, this guy is just not that good as a winger.

15 league goals last season had people massively overrating him while clowning wingers like Rashford who have also had similar seasons in the past. Mikel’s already tried to replace him once, I’m sure he will again.

Massive wages too and I really doubt any top club will be in for him. We already have other PL clubs analysts/managers already saying he’s the limited one in the lineup and to pay less attention to him defensively.
👏👏👏👏👏

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Feel like none of our forwards have had really good seasons despite all our numbers, hell Saka has like double figures in goals and assists and even he hasn't looked great... that's not what should be happening when you are competing for what we are competing for.

Feel Mikel has gone to far from last season's style, tbh ..we were non stop attack and maybe a bit too emotional, but instead of tweaking it slightly it's been changed to drastically.

The love of the game has been drained from them. They're now conditioned to function as a systemic team where individuality is smothered.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nelly was basically playing as a 2nd LB, his primary goal was helping stop Sane and Kimmich down that side. In recent weeks we've seen Saka almost at RWB.

I dunno it's honestly starting to look like Arteta is demanding way too much from some of these lads. These were two top level dangerous attackers, now they're expanding the bulk of their energy defending and when they have the ball it's never with any space and they themselves are double marked.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nelly was basically playing as a 2nd LB, his primary goal was helping stop Sane and Kimmich down that side. In recent weeks we've seen Saka almost at RWB.

I dunno it's honestly starting to look like Arteta is demanding way too much from some of these lads. These were two top level dangerous attackers, now they're expanding the bulk of their energy defending and when they have the ball it's never with any space and they themselves are double marked.
Didn't we have the same conversation with Pepe and Auba a few years back who were both struggling and fans couldn't get enough of criticizing them? The same thing is happening again just with different names.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He's having the kind of regression that at the level we are trying to compete with, you don't stay a starter the following season, and if you're unlucky, you don't even get the chance to turn around.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom