• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Black Noir

But he still pops up with crucial goals, or at least can look threatening. Martinelli doesn’t even do that the latter atm.

It’s gotten to the point where I feel a similar reaction to when Eddie is coming on.

Pray he can pick of some form either at COPA or the Olympics.
Where are better off ending games with zinchenko at LW. Or going 5 back with Kiwior. Has been pants this season. But looks ali dia level since the Sheffield game.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Come on guys. He’s out of form and confidence. Some rest, a good preseason and he could be much better next season. This is the exact reason we have Trossard in the squad.

I could actually see him scoring at the Old Toilet with Manure chasing the game. He’s the ideal player for those scenarios and he’s going to hit a good goal at some point and kick back on.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
A 22 y/o having a dip in form. Who would've thought?
That "dip in form" started in January last year...

I'm not even concerned about that part, it's the fact that he has nothing in his skillset other than trying to outrun defenders and "work hard", and people don't like to see that in Arsenal players.
He’s the ideal player for those scenarios and he’s going to hit a good goal at some point and kick back on.
I thought that would be the case against Bayern, and instead, he just confirmed with his performances he is nowhere near the level we want him to be at

jaystewart

For me personally, a dip in form doesn’t last a whole season. Regardless, if we want to win things we have to constantly raise the ceiling. Trossard is at risk too…

Tnegs

Injuries and a lack of consistent game time has got him in a bad way at the moment. I would give him a full pre season and see how he goes next year before deciding anything he has way too much upside to consider binning at the moment.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Getting worried about how his wages affect any transfer fee we might get if we consider reinvesting.

Can’t even play the ‘come on in an open game’ role that you tend to give to limited speedsters. What’s the diff between him and Brennan Johnson at this point.

Martinelli:

-Reputed to have Canis Helix (dog in him for the less cerebral crowd)

Cost a paltry $6 million

Generally lethal but going through rough patch

Admired by great managers like Klopp

Johnson:

Cost an eye-watering £50 million

Looks like a pre-schooler on HGH

Couldn't score in a brothel (again, most likely due to pre-pubescent looks)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He's getting chances and fluffing them. He needs one to go in ASAP. He's had a very poor season, it's particularly disappointing as he was a player I'd earmarked to kick on.

He won't achieve what he can as a player if he doesn't get that damn head up. Can it be worked on? I think so.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
1.jpg

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Nelli is a bit of a kick & run merchant, & is a bit a headless chicken at times.

He can finish but he lacks composure.

With the club pursuing Raphinha, Neto, & Mudryk, it's clear they think he can be upgraded on.

Let's see what happens in the summer, but we need more competition for both wing positions.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He's getting chances and fluffing them. He needs one to go in ASAP. He's had a very poor season, it's particularly disappointing as he was a player I'd earmarked to kick on.

He won't achieve what he can as a player if he doesn't get that damn head up. Can it be worked on? I think so.
He overachieved last season and I got belters for saying his talent won’t keep up with those numbers.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

His game hasn’t changed, neither has his pace lol it’s the same Martinelli as we were watching last season without the G/A to mask over his performances.

People have only clocked on now because he’s been wasteful.
Yep sorry, the pace hasn't gone. He's still rapid

Just cope-mania in full force. Called this guy being limited, Arteta saw it too when he tried to bury him with Mudryk.

I think he's a useful player tactcically but if we want to rebuild our attack he's a valuable piece that we may have to sell. If he goes we need two pacy players though so I think his 'outlet' status + his wages will keep him here.

Tnegs

He is limited I think most people would agree but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a very effective player. We’ve seen enough of this guy by now to know what he can offer and there are certainly games and periods of the season where he’s a big asset to the team. We need competition for him but for me he stays at least another season.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He is limited I think most people would agree but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a very effective player. We’ve seen enough of this guy by now to know what he can offer and there are certainly games and periods of the season where he’s a big asset to the team. We need competition for him but for me he stays at least another season.
He has had a very poor season. Which is especially disappointing because I had such high hopes for him. But typical AM to completely write him off. We will need to get in a tricky, pacy winger regardless if Martinelli was performing or not. For now he is just a back up which is fine. If next season he is still the same then we try to move him on.

You don't try to get rid of a young player who btw is still learning and adapting (I'm not even sure the wing is his best position, seems to me he is always better the more central he plays) just because he didn't kick on. When he was on top form he was terrorising the best fullbacks in the league, his finishing was lethal. His decision making has always been suspect. he still needs to lift his head up but that talent doesn't suddenly disappear never to return.

The next part is all up to him. Can he bounce back? Can he learn from his mistakes? How strong is his determination to get into the first 11 again? How strong is he mentality to become top dog again after turning into a little pus$ycat?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But typical AM to completely write him off.
How is that typical AM? I think it's typical for us and the club to hold on to some players for far too long instead of cutting losses when it's time. The club also likes to award players with fat contracts when everyone can tell it's wrong. That's typical of us

Are you 100% sure this guy is worth taking a risk for another season? A mistake with him could mean no trophies, and let's not debate he will be some rotational player when the player himself doesn't like to sit on the bench and even Arteta said so.

A bad run of form can happen to anyone, this guy has been playing some awful football since January last year.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
How is that typical AM? I think it's typical for us and the club to hold on to some players for far too long instead of cutting losses when it's time. The club also likes to award players with fat contracts when everyone can tell it's wrong. That's typical of us

Are you 100% sure this guy is worth taking a risk for another season? A mistake with him could mean no trophies, and let's not debate he will be some rotational player when the player himself doesn't like to sit on the bench and even Arteta said so.

A bad run of form can happen to anyone, this guy has been playing some awful football since January last year.
Yes it is typical AM where it is extreme in both ways. Someone has a great couple of months and they are almost raised to a world class level. They play badly for a couple of months and they're a bum. Jesus is the perfect example.

You are right about the club hanging on to players for too long though. Martinelli knows he isn't playing well at the moment, he isn't going to kick up a fuss if he starts on bench while in this form.

The risk isn't as much as you think. We still need to get a high calibre winger. Ideally we get rid of Nelson and Martinelli takes his place. That way you strengthen your first 11 and their replacements. One of our big weakness currently is squad depth. If we get rid of Martinelli we need to get in at least 2 wingers, with no guarantee either of them will work out. We just don't have the budget for that anyway.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Vini cooked the crap out of Kimmich tonight and was world class last week at the Allianz whereas Nelli was ineffective vs Kimmich home and away in the Quarter Finals.

In fact, it was Tomiyasu who was better on the offensive at the Allianz.

Too many excuses for this bum Bolivian. Locked up by Ward, Ghoddos, Konsa(RB), Gusto, Trippier, etc.. throughout the season. Pathetic season, you sell if a good offer comes and make Trossard the bench player.

Why wait till his value plummets and he becomes even more ass? I've said it for months, he'll get the Ramsdale treatment.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom