• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista: No Entiendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think he should be starting next to Koscielny from now on, get him games before next season and hope he settles well. With Ospina in goal, Bellerin at RB and Monreal at LB the language barrier shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It would be risk to play Gabriel at this stage of the season but seriously he can't do worse then Mertesacker these days.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Things will have to go really bad before Per is dropped for Gabriel.

Said it before, Per and Giroud are guys you sign to help you out for a couple of years. Can't try to build an empire on these types, they only take you so far.

trunks206

Established Member
THunter said:
Think he should be starting next to Koscielny from now on, get him games before next season and hope he settles well. With Ospina in goal, Bellerin at RB and Monreal at LB the language barrier shouldn't be too much of a problem.

They speak Portuguese in Brazil not Spanish so the language barrier is still there regardless of who we put back there with him.

He cant be any worse than Per at this point so I wouldnt mind him getting a run out now even with the potential for miscommunication.

Still cant believe what the **** was Per doing last night

VancouverCanuck

language barrier during a match is a red herring anyway. Just a few words of English is enough to get by. Developing a good understanding with the other defenders, maintaining a flat line, know when to push up and sit back are much more important.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

GDeep said:
Things will have to go really bad before Per is dropped for Gabriel.

Said it before, Per and Giroud are guys you sign to help you out for a couple of years. Can't try to build an empire on these types, they only take you so far.

This.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

trunks206 said:
THunter said:

They speak Portuguese in Brazil not Spanish so the language barrier is still there regardless of who we put back there with him.

He cant be any worse than Per at this point so I wouldnt mind him getting a run out now even with the potential for miscommunication.

Still cant believe what the **** was Per doing last night
He's played in Spain the last couple of years ffs, obviously I know they speak Portuguese in Brazil. :lol:

blaze_of_glory

<a class="postlink" href="http://gfycat.com/FearfulLikableArmyant#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gfycat.com/FearfulLikableArmyant#</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://gfycat.com/OddSoupyEarwig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gfycat.com/OddSoupyEarwig</a>

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
**** me, when you watch him play it really hits you just how brutally slow Mertesacker really is.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Decent PL debut he could have cost us in the beginning of the game but after that he played very well.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Reports coming out of the dressing room that he T-bagged Per after the game, can't see Per recovering from that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This guy was part of the best defence in La Liga, he certainly didn't come here to stay on the bench.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
blaze_of_glory said:
http://gfycat.com/FearfulLikableArmyant#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://gfycat.com/OddSoupyEarwig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gfycat.com/OddSoupyEarwig</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gibbs eating wind in the second gif.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Gabriel did well today.

He'll probably cost us a goal somewhere down the line as he is adjusting and learning the language, but at least he can make up for mistakes with his pace and athleticism.

Mastadon

Established Member
Per never made it back from Brazil hope we're not paying his wages in his absence. I wonder if Jenkinson could replace him next season with Chambers/Jenks as DC/RB cover.

Iceman10

Established Member
Mastadon said:
Per never made it back from Brazil hope we're not paying his wages in his absence. I wonder if Jenkinson could replace him next season with Chambers/Jenks as DC/RB cover.

Giving Chambers match time next season while at the same establishing his best position will be enough of a challenge for next season IMO without having to be concerned about Jenks on top of that. The problem with "cover" players is that they often find it hard to get match time, so when they have to come in as emergency cover during injury crises they can struggle. This was a problem with Jenks for us previously.

A couple of weeks back I would have contemplated swapping out the loan of Jenks with Bellerin but I think Bellerin is too good for that now. Either we keep loaning out Jenks until Debuchy's time has passed, we sell Jenks for a low fee with a buyback clause attached, or we sell Jenks for a transfer fee with no buyback that represents value for us.

As far as CB goes, it is possible if Gabriel does really well there will be questions as to whether Mertesacker is possibly surplus and whether another CB should come in for him. It would be a bit sad because Mertesacker is an Arsenal fan and wants to win trophies with us but if he can't cut it anymore (tbd, over the summer) we need to be ruthless. Jenks has no CB experience under his belt, to expect him to play there for Arsenal would be a bit of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom