• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wilshere was initially like this, then just went...

"I am gonna pack on a ridiculous amount of muscle now, and try to literally run through every opponent despite being about half their height!"

...was so frustrating that 😅

It was the tackle from some nothing Utd player he never recovered from.

Unbelievable that not even a foul was called on that.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Give me Rashford on the left over Foden and we're cooking, genuine threat from behind in our forward line in a competent team with the link up from Shaw.

Pickford
Walker Stones Branthwaite Shaw
Rice
Trent Bellingham
Saka Kane Rashford​
Yes because what you want in a tournament where your left back is fat and injury prone is a LW in front of him that never tracks back and ghosts full seasons. Would be a real comfort watching Dembele run at that.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Give me Rashford on the left over Foden and we're cooking, genuine threat from behind in our forward line in a competent team with the link up from Shaw.

Pickford
Walker Stones Branthwaite Shaw
Rice
Trent Bellingham
Saka Kane Rashford​

Rashford is spent, better to have him as an option from the bench, genuinely not sure he should even be making the squad.

Bit of United bias creeping in from you there. Whilst Foden has done nothing internationally, Rashford has been v been beyond dreadful this season.

Foden is too similar to Saka to play on the LW, the attack wouldn't have balance; England would have two wingers who want the ball to feet, Foden should be played as an 8 imo. Rashford would be a much better option in terms of balance however I would not pick him due to the reasons @Batman outlines here:

Yes because what you want in a tournament where your left back is fat and injury prone is a LW in front of him that never tracks back and ghosts full seasons. Would be a real comfort watching Dembele run at that.

I actually would pick Antony Gordon on the LW, insanely fast, having a very good season, good shot on him, and works his socks off defensively.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Foden is too similar to Saka to play on the LW, the attack wouldn't have balance; England would have two wingers who want the ball to feet, Foden should be played as an 8 imo. Rashford would be a much better option in terms of balance however I would not pick him due to the reasons @Batman outlines here:

Actually thought Gordon was a rare bright spot v Brasil

I actually would pick Antony Gordon on the LW, insanely fast, having a very good season, good shot on him, and works his socks off defensively.

Batman

Yeah I could get on board with that. He makes the kind of runs Kane will pick out as well.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Gordon is a good shout, would give you guys something similar to what Martinelli gives us.

Could a midfield three of Rice behind Bellingham and Foden work though?

Batman

Gordon is a good shout, would give you guys something similar to what Martinelli gives us.

He could in some instances and I also think Trent in midfield with his delivery could work well next to Rice and Bellingham. There are definitely options, the problem is that Southgate has zero imagination.

littleboysilva

there is no balance in that midfield it would get overrun by France, Germany, Netherlands etc. I would like to see Mainoo, Rice, and Bellingham against Belgium I think that’s the best option on paper.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

there is no balance in that midfield it would get overrun by France, Germany, Netherlands etc. I would like to see Mainoo, Rice, and Bellingham against Belgium I think that’s the best option on paper.

As good as Mainoo has been this season, I think this tournament is a bit too early for him to be starting imo. He should definitely be with the squad but not too sure about an immediate starting role.

Rice/TAA/Bellingham is probably their best option. Trent’s passing range with pacey attackers on the wing would be a huge asset. We already saw how good TAA and Saka linked up when they played together. Very reminiscent of Mo Salah on the end of those passes, it’s a shame Southgate has no cojones.

Batman

Mainoo has less than 10 good games in a senior career and he's going to deal with the likes of Tchouameni and Kroos at a major tournament? That's a bit much to expect from him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Mainoo has less than 10 good games in a senior career and he's going to deal with the likes of Tchouameni and Kroos at a major tournament? That's a bit much to expect from him.
Yeah, but atleast he can be built up for few weeks, before being knocked down. He plays in midfield that gets overrun every week, but doesn’t get blamed because he is just 18. There is no hiding in international football

Batman

Yeah, but atleast he can be built up for few weeks, before being knocked down. He plays in midfield that gets overrun every week, but doesn’t get blamed because he is just 18. There is no hiding in international football
That's what I'm saying. It's too early for that. Let him go by all means but he should not be relied upon. He's not where Saka was when he was taken to the Euro where he was already carrying a team and definitely could handle the arrows.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Big game tonight for my boys against Poland. We are probably underdogs but we are very strong at home and I expect the atmosphere to be electric.

It would be an incredible achievement to reach four out of five major tournaments after 58 years without reaching one!

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Rice/TAA/Bellingham

Actually mental midfield on paper and just highlights how dumb Southgate is that we're actually discussing players like Gallagher and Mainoo as potential partners next to Rice. Mainoo is definitely an option long term but the midfield 3 you linked is literally world class with perfect balance.

It's literally better than Arsenal's current midfield and you're top of the league.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As good as Mainoo has been this season, I think this tournament is a bit too early for him to be starting imo. He should definitely be with the squad but not too sure about an immediate starting role.

Rice/TAA/Bellingham is probably their best option. Trent’s passing range with pacey attackers on the wing would be a huge asset. We already saw how good TAA and Saka linked up when they played together. Very reminiscent of Mo Salah on the end of those passes, it’s a shame Southgate has no cojones.

Trent has to play somehow.

There’s nobody really doing what he does with the ball at his feet in those deeper areas.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also does A-M now hate Foden/clown him at any opportunity because little old Trilly rates him or is this in response to the media hype?

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom