• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,779
  • Views 1,165,325

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
He played well when in the first team. Hope we give him proper opportunities next season and reward him with starts if he takes them. He's our biggest talent imo, this guy is going places.
Ramsey's replacement, with a higher ceiling.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

No Balogun is a big shock here. John-Jules very good at this level though. Very strong attack with Saka and Amaechi. Coyle behind aswell- hope he has a good game.

Smith and Cottrell at CM is interesting. Both small guys, not very physical but agile and great technicians.

Should be an interesting game. Tough though. Could go either way, as strong as we are tonight. Need McGuiness and Clarke on form, same with Swanson and Daley-Campbell (potentially his last game).

No Balogun is a big shock here. John-Jules very good at this level though. Very strong attack with Saka and Amaechi. Coyle behind aswell- hope he has a good game.

Smith and Cottrell at CM is interesting. Both small guys, not very physical but agile and great technicians.

Should be an interesting game. Tough though. Could go either way, as strong as we are tonight. Need McGuiness and Clarke on form, same with Swanson and Daley-Campbell (potentially his last game).

Are Derby missing any youth stars for this game because of u17 world championship?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's a great game so far. Derby are up for this game. They look good in midfield. Need to get the wingers into the game more.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Derby 3-1 up. Smith in goal having a shocker. Matt Smith and Ben Cottrell troubled in midfield against Sibley and Bird. We are still in this thoufh.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Olayinka needs to come on to deal with Sibley. Too powerful for Smith and Cottrell.

I'm enthused by this game despite us currently losing. Good opportunity over 90 mins to see who our stronger prospects are in dangerous situations. Matt Smith clearly need development despite his talent. Coyle looked like he has hit a ceiling.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Olayinka needs to come on to deal with Sibley. Too powerful for Smith and Cottrell.

I'm enthused by this game despite us currently losing. Good opportunity over 90 mins to see who our stronger prospects are in dangerous situations. Matt Smith clearly need development despite his talent. Coyle looked like he has hit a ceiling.
Cottrell is excellent on the ball, I would push him up instead of Coyle and bring in Olayinka. Our attack doesn't see the ball enough.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Half time. Derby lead us 3-1 at the break.

Really tough half for our U18s, arguably their toughest test. They miss the technical security of Greenwood and the physicality of Azeez. Smith and Cottrell look a bit overawed by a very athletic Derby midfield. It's as I was saying to the poster who has seemingly respawned here lately - you DO need some type of athleticism or power in midfield, particularly if you're gonna compete in English football. Sibley and Bird have powered through Smith and Cottrell - two very good young technicians but not quite as physical.

Coyle has a chance to make an impact in a big game when we need him to and so far he's not taken it. Shame as he's a very talented player but not seeing enough of him.

Tom Smith the goalie has had a good season but so far he's been mostly at fault for at least 2 of the goals conceded. The defense hasn't been bad but VDC looks a bit off of his game. So far, the best performer is Tyreece John-Jules. Cottrell has also played some good passes when he's had the ball, while M.Smith has yet to find his range. Saka and Amaechi are trying to get into the game but we need to get the ball to them more. It really is a shame we are missing Azeez today - he's not quite dominating at this level yet but he would have been perfect for today, with Sibley running roughshod.

Cottrell is excellent on the ball, I would push him up instead of Coyle and bring in Olayinka. Our attack doesn't see the ball enough.
Agree - Coyle has all the attributes but has been ineffective. Had a one-on-one he should have done better with too. Would bring on Olayinka for him and move Cottrell to #10.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I see it has backfired going out with more attacking minded players in the midfield.
Definitely. I was worried about the middle, as I know Max Bird is a pretty competitive player. There's no Willock for this U18 team so we have to be quite smart about how midfield is constructed. We at least had Azeez get a string of starts in the home stretch and he's quite a unit at that level - 6'1.

Derby have been encouraged though, definitely the better team so far but we still look very dangerous - we just need to get the attackers in the game as they look good when played in.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom