• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

George Graham names his ultimate Arsenal XI (1989 edition and 2024 edition)

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

This was a recent clip of George Graham when asked of his Ultimate Arsenal XI.

GK ( Bob Wilson)
RB - Dixon
CB - Adams
CB - Mclintock
LB - Winterburn
CM- Vieira
CM- Brady
LM - George Armstrong
RM - Cliff Bastin
CF - Wright
CF - Henry

Back in 1989, there was this documentary when Graham was asked of the past legendary Arsenal teams/players and names his Ultimate Arsenal XI

The team was

GK - Jack Kelsey
RB (Laurie Scott)
CB - O'Leary
CB - Mclintock
LB- Samsom
RM- Rowcastle
CM- Brady
CM - Alex James Alex James
LM - George Armstrong
CF Ted Drake
CF- John Radford

Highly recommend folks watch that documentary from, great historical insight from Graham.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Feel bad for GG sometimes because his reign was eclipsed by Arsène in many ways but he was a fantastic manager in his own right and whenever I’ve heard him speak I thought he was crazy smart.

Bring back the club suits I say!

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Feel bad for GG sometimes because his reign was eclipsed by Arsène in many ways but he was a fantastic manager in his own right and whenever I’ve heard him speak I thought he was crazy smart.

But he was Arsenal through and through and got numerous trophies. Without his defence, Wenger doesnt win in 98. Our club is built different.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

Also won us our last European trophy against a great Parma side who finished 5th in that stacked Serie a league (best league in the world until early 2000's).

The same Parma side next season would finish 3rd in the league and win the UEFA cup against Juventus who would then appear as major threats in the UCL (losing quite a lot of finals unfortunately).

Graham knew the difference between playing 'continental style' than playing vs English teams.

European Cup winners cup was a great cup, the winner would face the winner's of the European cup like today's 'Super cup'.

uefa-cup-winners-cup-history-v0-7ou3yv5orlzb1.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also won us our last European trophy against a great Parma side who finished 5th in that stacked Serie a league (best league in the world until early 2000's).

The same Parma side next season would finish 3rd in the league and win the UEFA cup against Juventus who would then appear as major threats in the UCL (losing quite a lot of finals unfortunately).

Graham knew the difference between playing 'continental style' than playing vs English teams.

European Cup winners cup was a great cup, the winner would face the winner's of the European cup like today's 'Super cup'.

uefa-cup-winners-cup-history-v0-7ou3yv5orlzb1.jpg

Really good documentary on the Aberdeen 1983 win on iPlayer.

Funnily enough the last time a non-Old Firm club won the SPL.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom