• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Those comments don`t have to mean much but if Xhaka was to seek a move we shouldn`t hesitate to sell. I quite like him, he`s had a decent season and we often miss him when he`s not there but for 40m ahould be enough to replace him. I also think in a year or two I think Guendouzi will be a better player.

Anyway I seriously doubt clubs such as Real, Bayern or City will be after him if he was to leave.

Taneruit

Established Member

Anyway I seriously doubt clubs such as Real, Bayern or City will be after him if he was to leave.

Which is why he won't. As I said that whole part of the interview was about ambition. So, unless a bigger club like Real or Barcelona comes knocking I doubt it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I could see a club like Bayern being after him tbh, but they're a step down from us. Even 6th best in PL >>>>>> 1st in Bundesliga. Bayern aren't the same force anymore, they're starting a period of relative irrelevancy outside the Bundesliga.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I could see a club like Bayern being after him tbh, but they're a step down from us. Even 6th best in PL >>>>>> 1st in Bundesliga. Bayern aren't the same force anymore, they're starting a period of relative irrelevancy outside the Bundesliga.

Sorry, you have some quality posts on this forum, but this is just :lol:
Even though it's my home town, I absolutely hate this club, but they have been top 3 of the last decade and they are already forming a new super strong team.

ArsenalFever

If that's a correct translation, its unprofessional from Xhaka, If he wants to leave, I'm sure he could follow the footsteps of many that have left Arsenal.
He seems more of a good player to grow with a club rather than a good player who warrants to make such comments.

Also, those comments make zero sense.

He is barely good enough for us. He just about makes it here. We could replace him. He should shut it and focus on becoming better player for us.

OSBK

Established Member
He is just saying what all the other top players are saying, arsenal need to challenge and win trophies or he is off. I see nothing wrong with that at all, he couldve kept quiet and done a Özil. Wish more players would come out and it may push the board into spending some cash.

Taneruit

Established Member

If that's a correct translation, its unprofessional from Xhaka, If he wants to leave, I'm sure he could follow the footsteps of many that have left Arsenal.
He seems more of a good player to grow with a club rather than a good player who warrants to make such comments.

Also, those comments make zero sense.

He said none of that. Again, in essence he said that he always tries to challenge himself, always tries to improve, always tries to work hard.
And in that sense he says that Arsenal doesn't have to be his last (big) stop.

Which is nothing wrong to say from a player that hasn't even fully entered his prime. He's 26. If anything it would be more concering if he was already happy with his level of play. (And sadly we had too many of these players over the past years)

In essence his comment wasn't *I want to leave Arsenal*, his comment was *I want to constantly improve myself*

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
In essence his comment wasn't *I want to leave Arsenal*, his comment was *I want to constantly improve myself*
Here is his direct quote, my friend. You don't have to use your imagination:

"I'm very ambitious, I want to take the next step, Arsenal does not have to be the last stop.”

No, he's not saying he wants leave. What he is saying though, is that he's open to persuasion. Ok, so every player has a price and most would leave for Barca or Real Madrid, but you wont endear yourself to fans of your current club with crap like that.

Taneruit

Established Member

Here is his direct quote, my friend. You don't have to use your imagination:

"I'm very ambitious, I want to take the next step, Arsenal does not have to be the last stop.”

No, he's not saying he wants leave. What he is saying though, is that he's open to persuasion. Ok, so every player has a price and most would leave for Barca or Real Madrid, but you wont endear yourself to fans of your current club with crap like that.

No he isn't and again that isn't the entire quote.
And thank you I have the entire original article in its original language because I'M SWISS.
He said or implied nothing about him having a price or whatever you want to interpret into it. He did say what I wrote though in that paragraph (which was weirdly written as it wasn't a direct interview)

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No he isn't and again that isn't the entire quote.
And thank you I have the entire original article in its original language because I'M SWISS. He said or implied nothing about him having a price or whatever you want to interpret into it.
Give us some more context then, please. Translate it and paste it. Cheers.

ArsenalFever

And in that sense he says that Arsenal doesn't have to be his last (big) stop.
If it's genuine misinterpretation then ok, but the sentence which iv'e quoted there, that implies that Xhaka is open to a move, which is fine, but such comments at this stage of the season, he is also implying that there is a "next step" if interpretation is correct.

If he sees a stepping stone, he should be brought back down to earth.

Taneruit

Established Member

Give us some more context then, please. Translate it and paste it. Cheers.

Can do. The section where the comment is at least
(The entire article is focused on his ambitions, workrate and so on, btw. with the main headline beeing that his father always critizizes his mistakes, and like Arsenal fans was a lot more happy this year. Other parts are about how Licht is undisputed Captain in the national team.(He's second))

Anyway:
In Gladbach not everything went perfect, today he's glad about the experience, when he didn't play under Lucien Favre in the beginning. Same at Arsenal, again the start was difficult. Those were signals for him that he had to give more, do more. As such he improved his environment and worked with a private trainer, who was responsible for improving his physical and mental state, his eating habits and rest. Xhaka is a guy who doesn't rest, is always at the limit, game for game, season for season. Sometimes he looks like someone who's constantly hunted, driven: *I'm very ambitious, i always want to take the next step, Arsenal doesn't have to be the last station in my career*

And again he's 26. Unless you are Messi, the club you're at at 26 probably won't be the last club you're ever going to be in. Especially as a player who isn't reliant on speed for his game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
(The entire article is focused on his ambitions, workrate and so on, btw. with the main headline beeing that his father always critizizes his mistakes, and like Arsenal fans was a lot more happy this year. Other parts are about how Licht is undisputed Captain in the national team.(He's second))

Anyway:

And again he's 26. Unless you are Messi, the club you're at at 26 probably won't be the last club you're ever going to be in. Especially as a player who isn't reliant on speed for his game.
I just translated the whole Tagblatt page.

As I said, most players have a price and few would turn down Barca or Madrid. But as I also said, you wont make fans of your current club very happy when you needlessly state that you would listen to better offers. The full article changes nothing. It's poor of him to say that.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Cheeky sod if he's saying he could grow to be bigger than this great club. Not fit to lace Santi's boots or many of the greats we've had.

ArsenalFever

Anyway:

Swiss or not, those quotes are like an advert.
Unless he's talking about the tube station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom