• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Xhaka is so bad Why do we look worse when he is not playing?

Two things. We play with him most of the time so he is part of our style this season also he's better than the rest.

But that's not justification to keep him

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He looks good because he's currently the only player we have right now who can sit in the front of the back four and advance play from deep into the middle third of the opposition's half. Guendouzi can't do it, at least not yet. Torreira has the ability but his instincts are to go after the ball and not sit in a specific part of the pitch. Without Xhaka it's basically a whole lot of sideways and backwards passing that we saw against Everton and Palace with Elneny and Guendouzi. But apart from this Xhaka has major flaws. Can't handle the press well, can't impose himself in a lot of games, gives the ball away cheaply.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He improved under emery the peoblem here if we only target top 4 every season then he good enough to stay but if you want to compete you need better players
Improved in what way? A player who starts shaking when being pressed should never be a midfielder. Let alone midfielder of a team aiming for top 4. His lack of swiftness in making decisions is what affects our entire attack. Trusting him to replace Cazorla was the biggest mistake we made along with buying Mustafi.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Even with our joke teams the away form was good & often what carried us into the top four each year.

In Xhakas three years here we have averaged -10 points (23 away points per season) compared to the three years before Xhaka (33 away points per season).

Not for a second do I believe this is all on him but the midfield is broken. It can get by at home but exposed week on week out away. Are we really good enough as a team anymore to play a DLP or #10? These are luxury positions.

Gamefaced

If Xhaka is so bad Why do we look worse when he is not playing?
Because we have a really poor quality in midfielders in the squad and a lack of quality replacements, so even average players like Xhaka can be missed, but i'm so sorry we're dollop even with or without him in the team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Improved in what way? A player who starts shaking when being pressed should never be a midfielder. Let alone midfielder of a team aiming for top 4. His lack of swiftness in making decisions is what affects our entire attack. Trusting him to replace Cazorla was the biggest mistake we made along with buying Mustafi.
Less error prone than last season. Without him our midfield look even worse. But of We need better players than him

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even with our joke teams the away form was good & often what carried us into the top four each year.

In Xhakas three years here we have averaged -10 points (23 away points per season) compared to the three years before Xhaka (33 away points per season).

Not for a second do I believe this is all on him but the midfield is broken. It can get by at home but exposed week on week out away. Are we really good enough as a team anymore to play a DLP or #10? These are luxury positions.
Xhaka and Torreira are more like defensive midfielders they not gonna carry the ball forward with pace and dribble past people that's why we have to get players like santi who can carry our midfield

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka and Torreira are more like defensive midfielders they not gonna carry the ball forward with pace and dribble past people that's why we have to get players like santi who can carry our midfield
If there as a DM or CM we can easily upgrade. In our last five games we have seen some great potential signings for the role. More aggressive, disciplined & controlling the game without the ball.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
A defensive midfielder should be good at tackles. Xhaka is only good at stupid tackles.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Less error prone than last season. Without him our midfield look even worse. But of We need better players than him
Less error prone? I see him do the mistakes as frequently as last season. Also, losing the ball in our own half close to the box is criminal. Any player playing at premier league level can do it may be twice or thrice in one entire season. This guy does it on a regular basis. Even if he does it 10 times per season, he should not be playing here at all.
Without him, our team looks worse because we don't have another option at all. Torreira is still adapting. Gendouzi is young. Elneny is useless. That doesn't make Xhaka a good player. He is suitable only for leagues like Serie A in the bottom teams. We made the wrong decision of making him our midfield mainstay.

Impact

Established Member
Best midfielder at the club, which tells you all you need to know about our current malaise.

More I think about it, the less I think there is anything to salvage with this squad. If we received a good offer for him (£35m+) I'd sell happily.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Everyone would struggle in our struggling team because we lack organization, we dont have a clear formation nor any sort of comprehensible general approach

Some of you say that he just sprays passes forward and criticized him: blame the ones not running

He takes too long: the other ones are not showing themselves properly

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Best midfielder at the club, which tells you all you need to know about our current malaise.

More I think about it, the less I think there is anything to salvage with this squad. If we received a good offer for him (£35m+) I'd sell happily.

If we are stupid enough to sell he will shine

He could slide right into real, barca, Bayern etc etc

nick gould

We need a complete box to box midfielder who is good under pressure and who can change the tempo of the game through quick passing or running forward with the ball. At the moment we have defensive midfielders in Xhaka, torreira and Matteo. We can't play 2 holding midfielders all the time because the quality of our attacks would deteriorate. Think viera and Gilberto. One goes and the other one stays. With our 2 no-one is making forward runs.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We need a complete box to box midfielder who is good under pressure and who can change the tempo of the game through quick passing or running forward with the ball. At the moment we have defensive midfielders in Xhaka, torreira and Matteo. We can't play 2 holding midfielders all the time because the quality of our attacks would deteriorate. Think viera and Gilberto. One goes and the other one stays. With our 2 no-one is making forward runs.
No we don’t need box to box and forward runs.
Xavi, busquets...gattusso, pirlo...Scholes, carrick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom