• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Is The Premier League Tougher Than It Used To Be?

Is It?

• Total voters

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
This happened once, 30 years ago. On average it’s always been 3-5 losses for PL winners. Even today.

You stay out of these conversations, you’re American.
Before I respond, is this the nephew or the uncle?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

It’s a good job we won that penalty shoot out against Porto otherwise you guys laughing at our European pedigree would have had sleepless nights after spending €850m in the last 5 years. I felt for you bro.
What are you even babbling about?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

What are you talking about? You said teams were winning leagues with 7-9 losses? This has happened once in the PL era.
Nice, we're nitpicking now. I was one off with my generalization. For the first 7 out of 10 seasons in PL, a team with 7 losses would've won the league.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

it’s weird because we have more money but as Europe shows time and time again, none of us bar city are really that good.

Us and City pretty much roll over everyone unless we’re having an off-day yet we struggled against Porto and then Bayern. We’ve also seen City struggle over the years before then getting knocked out by a Real Madrid side in mid-rebuild.

League is average.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nice, we're nitpicking now. I was one off with my generalization. For the first 7 out of 10 seasons in PL, a team with 7 losses would've won the league.
You’re turning into Drippin. Anyway, the real birth of the PL was post ‘96 after Euro 96, then Wenger coming in to face off with Ferguson really blew it up.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Weren’t the first three seasons 42 games though?
They were so 5-6 losses is a pretty good season and in line with his 3-4 loss average, imo. I still think the margin of error is much lower today.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

You’re turning into Drippin. Anyway, the real birth of the PL was post ‘96 after Euro 96, then Wenger coming in to face off with Ferguson really blew it up.
Uh huh imaginary goalposts arbitrarily shifting on Gary’s whims. This is my favorite game.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

it’s weird because we have more money but as Europe shows time and time again, none of us bar city are really that good.

Us and City pretty much roll over everyone unless we’re having an off-day yet we struggled against Porto and then Bayern. We’ve also seen City struggle over the years before then getting knocked out by a Real Madrid side in mid-rebuild.

League is average.

I’ve said this a lot but the game has never had so many top class players concentrated at one club.

Even Barcelona 2010/11 or the early 2000s Galacticos didn’t have the strength in depth that City do.

If Aston Villa had been able to keep hold of Grealish how good could they have been this year? Instead he’s a rotation player for City.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I agree that comparing goal/points tallies this era to the past is silly for the reasons you say.

You can still compare relative goals scored though - ie being top scorers in the league is just as impressive now as it was then because our rivals have the same advantages as we do.
Spot on. I keep saying you know your ball. Arteta’s maxed out his spend for sure.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Not shifting any goal post. You were wrong. Like @Rex Stone mentioned you didn’t even factor in 42 games.
Still going to ignore the four seasons afterward, I see.. Interesting. Also, there was a toss up season where United losing 7 games would've given Arsenal the title who had 8 losses. I don't think you can assume four more games will result in 2-3 more losses for the teams at the top of the table to make your response work here.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What are you even babbling about?
You always have to respond with something defensive like that even though you know exactly what I was talking about. I said I felt for you. And I’m guessing you’re not the kind of guy who can afford to rebuff the hand of friendship when offered.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Still going to ignore the four seasons afterward, I see.. Interesting. Also, there was a toss up season where United losing 7 games would've given Arsenal the title who had 8 losses. I don't think you can assume four more games will result in 2-3 more losses for the teams at the top of the table to make your response work here.
You know just a few season ago Liverpool won the league by 20 points?

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom