• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do people keep on talking about Wilshere as if he will ever be a serious first team option again?

Guy is a 25yo overhyped injury prone British with chronic behavior problems who has missed the last three seasons through injury.

Love the fella but he's completely done at this level.

Delete quickly! You can still get away with this.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
At Arsenal, whoever is missing is ALWAYS the reason we're not clicking.

Cazorla is probably the most important player that has been missed. I don't believe we'll see him on the park that much from next year on. Maybe just keep him as Özil backup.

We need to work out a newer way of playing in the midfield and I believe Xhaka being that dlp along with covering space while Wilshere keeps the midfield ticking with his defensive duties while keeping ball moving quick and using his body Ange dribbling to beat players and creates overloads. He really does tick all the boxes.

Coquelin is played when we need a destroyer.
Elneny is played to keep possession and see games out.
Cazorla is played to give Özil a rest.
Ramsey, if kept, is brought on with his CaptainChaos suit and cape to chase a game if we're behind.

In saying that though, you have Cazorla, Wilshere and Ramsey with serious fitness question marks hanging over their heads.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good post - the only problem is that out of those midfielders, only Coquelin and Cazorla have developed as a good pairing.

The others aren't compatible with each other, or haven't been tested as partnerships.

True, only Coquelin and Cazorla have had an extended run in the side together, but I think it is incredibly likely that strong partnerships will form.

Right now Xhaka and Ramsey are developing a nice partnership, and personally I think they can be very effective.

Also, Wenger likes to educate his midfielders to ensure that they are well rounded and can put in a shift offensively and defensively. When they are young he experiments with their positions to ensure they are well rounded.

For example, Xhaka and Coquelin have contributed more offensively than they have had in any previous season. Xhaka has already matched his goal tally for all of last season.

Jack has played as a DLP, AM, B2b, RW and LW, and Ramsey has had a similar education, but now they both should be mature enough to not neglect their positional/defensive duties.

All of them are well-rounded midfielders with specific strengths. Next season there might be a bit of an adaptation period, but I think it won't be more complicated than any other season. Yet the upside could be immense.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Why do people keep on talking about Wilshere as if he will ever be a serious first team option again?

Guy is a 25yo overhyped injury prone British with chronic behavior problems who has missed the last three seasons through injury.

Chronic behaviour problems :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom9

Another MOM for Wilshere today. I only caught the second half but during that time he was clearly the best player on the field. Countless times he managed to beat their wave of midfielders and pass to his wide men only for them to hit it straight at their full backs or behind the goals.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Still not injured!
giphy.gif

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

This is ridiculously melodramatic:lol: I'm not a huge lover of his but done at this level at 25:lol:

say yes

forum master baiter
Performance merited its own thread on the Bournemouth forum:
Today's game is probably one that is not going to dwell in the memory for too long. However Jack Wilshere's performance certainly will.
I thought he was world class today. Two or three of his long passes completely changed the direction of play and just watching his skill was worth the price of my ticket. I hope we get to see one MOTD.
It has been a pleasure to see him progress from being almost the second 'sick note' when he joined us to the player he is today and I am sure Eddie has had a lot to do with that.
Sadly I think for that very reason we are unlikely to see him in the red and black shirt next season but I must say it has been a pleasure watching him get stronger and progress to full fitness. I am sure an England shirt awaits him once again.
He had that extra pace today to turn his player and break away.

Those passes were also crisp and spot on.

Don't think missing the Arsenal and Millwall games helped Jack and he needed the Hull game to re charge again.

He must get his first goal for us soon, Gomes stopped him today
Agreed. I felt today that every time he got the ball, no matter what decision he made, he'd never lose it. His retention is second to none. Combined with an unmatched ability to pick out a pass, he was head and shoulders above today.

I can admit I was sceptical about a player of his "quality" really being that influential, but I can see that the chickens are coming home to roost. Superb.
Collects the ball, turns and moves forward with it; that's what we've been needing for a while.

Quality player without question.

If only he could add some goals to his game.

...he is about 20 percent better than the rest of the players around him at AFCB...and it just goes to show what is required to be a top PL side.....for me only Steve Cook is close to him.
Great player, he's too far ahead in quality of the rest of our inferior players though which is frustrating as they never react to what he does so alot goes wasted.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=78679&posts=6

Can we just end the season now and bring him back?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's difficult seeing the problems we have in midfield, and hearing how well Jacks's doing. But every 90 minutes he gets through is gold--that can't be overstated. His body is nearly fully in tune to the demands. ****ing sods law that he manages to stay free from injury once he goes on loan. Or is it? Probably is tbh.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Scoring and assisting less than Iwobi and Ox, probably less than Xhaka, Ramsey and Santi as well. Squad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom