• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom9

He don't get injured because he play once a week and the training Is not intense like at arsenal and you don't have a game every 3 days. We done well to loan him.

Amazing how many people overlook this. Once Jack is back I assume he will play a similar number of games a week but the big gain from going out on loan was him being able to build his workload without the pressure of performing right away. Thats why I'm confident he won't miss to long a periods once he returns.

Preacher

Always Crying
All Jack's injuries were due heavy collisions with opposition players. This is all about luck. Maybe he plays smarted now and picks his battles better. He didn't have any muscle injuries or similar niggles like Ramsey throughout his career.

Ewarwoowar

Jack will struggle to get numbers up(goals/assists) at afcb because they are more one dimensional than us, they only look forward, the front men are nippy but not skilful so they need to run on to ball with plenty of terrain in front of them, without that space they squander dinked balls aplenty, they are also pretty headless, head down running into to traffic a lot and overlook Jack in space in advanced positions and don't like cutting back.

That being said Jack is much improved but still a bit off of what He needs to be to be here getting the game time He wants.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I feel he needs to dribble sideways more. He always brusts/explodes forward and gets caught by some arsehole.

if he started dribbling into channels, he would have a chance to avoid those stupid lunges.

Ewarwoowar

I feel he needs to dribble sideways more. He always brusts/explodes forward and gets caught by some arsehole.

if he started dribbling into channels, he would have a chance to avoid those stupid lunges.
Aside from the odd full metal lunge, I do feel He chooses His battles more wisely at AFCB, because He is afforded that with no great pressure or expectation. Hopefully when He returns He brings some of that back as a skill set and not revert to old ways.

Choose your battles wisely that is

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He don't get injured because he play once a week and the training Is not intense like at arsenal and you don't have a game every 3 days. We done well to loan him.
What's your source on that? As Alexis has said our training is not intense enough. Has Wilshere came out and said this or is it just speculation on your part?

@Preacher Wilshere's last injury was due to a tackle by Gabriel in training.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Playing regularly. I purposefully haven't compared him to Sanchez or Özil but he should have more output than Iwobi. Furthermore Wilshere is playing an attacking role.
Iwobi is playing for Arsenal though! It;s absurd say he should be doing better than a player at a club with far better players. Surely you can appreciate that? :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Let's have a look at the goals/assists Dembele gets shall we? Arguably the best midfielder in the league currently rarely ever scores anymore. Let's stop judging midfielders on how much they score and let's look at how they influence the game in terms of controlling the game.

Though with this kind of attitude I'm starting to understand the bizarre agenda against Cazorla in recent times.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
To be fair, even relative to B'mouth his output is poor, so it's a fair criticism. He's not going to be an attacking midfielder here though so I'm not worried. He's naturally a centre mid but I think he could work for us on the wing.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
What's your source on that? As Alexis has said our training is not intense enough. Has Wilshere came out and said this or is it just speculation on your part?

@Preacher Wilshere's last injury was due to a tackle by Gabriel in training.

Countless ex players have said the same thing.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Jack is perfect for our central midfield... Mobile, can put in a tackle, good short passing game & comfortable under pressure. Thats all we need.

Goals, assists, long passes etc are a great bonus but just that... A bonus.

Sir Bump

Let's have a look at the goals/assists Dembele gets shall we? Arguably the best midfielder in the league currently rarely ever scores anymore. Let's stop judging midfielders on how much they score and let's look at how they influence the game in terms of controlling the game.

Though with this kind of attitude I'm starting to understand the bizarre agenda against Cazorla in recent times.

Yep it is frustrating when everything is revolved around scoring that goal or creating that assist no matter where they play.

Jack is well adept at scoring goals, he's proved it with some crackers.
I'm more interested in him starting the play with quick movement and vision. He has everything in his game to be our perfect CM.

Sir Bump

Go search.

Fabregas, Clichy, Gallas off the top of my head have all said the training was a lot more intense outside of Arsenal.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Dembele is not playing as an attacking midfielder for Sp**s so why is he being compared to Bournmouths attacking midfielder? Completely moot point and nonsensical.

I think attacking players should be judged on output UNLESS your surname is Iniesta!

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Go search.

Fabregas, Clichy, Gallas off the top of my head have all said the training was a lot more intense outside of Arsenal.
Please go ahead and provide some evidence. I don't ever remember reading anything like that. I have my doubts that there may be more than a few things not on the level as it should be in training but I haven't ever read one player say it let alone "countless ex players".

Sir Bump

I ain't got time mate to satisfy you.
Alexis has said it, those guys I mentioned said it.
Go search if it's that important to you.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I ain't got time mate to satisfy you.
Alexis has said it, those guys I mentioned said it.
Go search if it's that important to you.
So you can't and won't back up your statement you made. Counting up to 4/5 players is countless because you can't count any further isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom