• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Ipswich Town expect to complete the signing of Jay Emmanuel-Thomas in the next 24 hours, subject to a medical.

<a class="postlink" href="http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/ipswich-agree-emmanuel-thomas-deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/ipsw ... omas-deal/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Door is revolving. I was hugely impressed by JET and didn't think this day would come before he got a shot in the first team. All the best Jay.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Re: JET-ting to Ipswich

I always thought he would make it at the club and laughed at the posters who suggested that he was too dependant on his size. Turns out they are the ones laughing now.

I can only assume that Wenger saw something during his loan switched that suggested his time at the club was up. He had such good things to say about him in the past and gave him premiership experience as well.

I am assuming he has the talent but lacks the workrat or attitude to make it at the top level.

Kraig

Established Member

Cudareli said:
I always thought he would make it at the club and laughed at the posters who suggested that he was too dependant on his size. Turns out they are the ones laughing now.

I can only assume that Wenger saw something during his loan switched that suggested his time at the club was up. He had such good things to say about him in the past and gave him premiership experience as well.

I am assuming he has the talent but lacks the workrate or attitude to make it at the top level.

This is it. In his head he had already made it. Went on loan to Cardiff where his attitude was **** too.

At 17, he crashed his SLK, before he'd even got his licence. How is a 17 yr old, with zero first team expereince and not much of a reputation as 'next big thing', able to afford an SLK, even in the modern era of football.

If Lansbury goes, ill be ggutted, as i think he could have been a great player for us. JET is his own worst enemy.

KY

Established Member

Jamie Sandersen also mentioned something about how he should have stayed a centre back, like the coaches wanted him to. But he refused...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

From what i saw of him at Cardiff last season, he looked lazy. I could never see him making it with us.

qs

Established Member

KY said:
Jamie Sandersen also mentioned something about how he should have stayed a centre back, like the coaches wanted him to. But he refused...

When did he play centre half? He's played left back a bit but there is no way he should have been a centre half. He was absolutely brilliant on the left wing for the reserves a couple of years ago too. He's most definitely an attacking player.

Its a pity about his attitude but I don't think Wenger done him too many favours either. Never figured out how best to use him. Great managers control egos too. I think we've missed a trick here.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

IMO it looks like he's best suited to playing as a striker, not as a winger or AM.

I'm sure there will be some kind of sell-on clause. Maybe we should have a look at buy back clauses? Lets say he has 2 great seasons, would be nice if we could buy him back for a decent price.

KY

Established Member

qs said:
KY said:

When did he play centre half? He's played left back a bit but there is no way he should have been a centre half. He was absolutely brilliant on the left wing for the reserves a couple of years ago too. He's most definitely an attacking player.

Its a pity about his attitude but I don't think Wenger done him too many favours either. Never figured out how best to use him. Great managers control egos too. I think we've missed a trick here.

Very early on, like 3 or 4 years ago I think. I distinctly remember him as a defender when I first heard about him.

qs

Established Member

It must have been at the very beginning because I don't remember that. Like I said he played full back quite a bit and did well there. Wanting him at centre half stinks of a typical old school English mentality of sticking the big guy at centre half or centre forward though.

Emma Lusa

He may have played CB years ago (he's been with us since the age of 7) but he's been a winger/striker for the last few years and has played that role for all his loan clubs.
Strange to see him sold as only last year AW said he would be a "great player" ... to sell him for a reported 1m seems a bit pointless unless his attitude has finally pissed everyone off.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Didn't Wenger say last season, JET was "knocking at his door with both arms and his feet"?

Perhaps JET did that from inside Wenger's office.......

Rorz

Established Member

This has surprised me, I was fairly sure he would get more of a chance here. He'll tear up the Championship I reckon, a few more years of regular football and he'll be a pretty competent striker.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's interesting that not many prem clubs came knocking(at least I assume they didn't because he would've preferred that I would think). Not even the bottom clubs or newly promoted ones.
He certainly has a lot of technical ability , I guess it's the intangibles. I hope he doesn't become another Lupoli and finds a way to get serious.

Herbas

Maybe the deal will be like Bojan's one. I wouldn't be against that.

There is light

It's not that he's failed because he didn't become a CB or a fullback. Problem is his attitude and his workrate. So much potential wasted, was a big fan of him at a time but now not at all disappointed that he's going to leave. All the best for future JET.

outlaw_member

Established Member

I'm very sad about this for obvious reasons. He had the potential to become a great CF, and he showed signs of that during last years pre-season. I can't help but feel that Vela, JET and Afobe would snatch the chance of usurping the current Chamakh, if they were given a prolonged run in leading the line.

By the way, Afobe looked the part of a CF when he came on against Koln. He looks incredibly powerful and doesn't seem like he'll struggle whatsoever with the physicality of the league, even if he were thrust in at this moment in time.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Shame this is but it's not often Wenger gets it wrong when releasing a young player.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

that's really it truth.. Lupoli, Quincy, Bentley, Pennant, and numerous others.. all highly rated youngsters that have had virtually no careers once they were released.. Bentley might have had the best career of the bunch, but he's still bounced from club to club and had almost no real impact anywhere (and we got paid for selling-on)

McIntyre

Established Member

USArsenal said:
Bentley might have had the best career of the bunch, but he's still bounced from club to club and had almost no real impact anywhere (and we got paid for selling-on)

To be fair to Bentley, he was excellent at Blackburn. It's at Tottenham where his career has stalled, thanks to his attitude and Redknapp's soul-destroying selection policy. Moving to Sp**s killed his career rather than a lack of ability. If he gets away from that hellhole and into a team with a decent manager and a style that suits his then he could still resurrect his career.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

McIntyre said:
USArsenal said:
Bentley might have had the best career of the bunch, but he's still bounced from club to club and had almost no real impact anywhere (and we got paid for selling-on)

To be fair to Bentley, he was excellent at Blackburn. It's at Tottenham where his career has stalled, thanks to his attitude and Redknapp's soul-destroying selection policy. Moving to Sp**s killed his career rather than a lack of ability. If he gets away from that hellhole and into a team with a decent manager and a style that suits his then he could still resurrect his career.
He didn't exactly set the world alight on his loan to Birmingham either. He's just lost his way a bit. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom