• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Félix

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its a big deal yes, but 16m for Felix, without an option, is a gamble I'd take if it means we go for the league.

Also if the price is that high, I'd insist on more than halving an option to buy thereafter (50-60m).

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Whatever happens with him won’t be decided till the last minute of the window if that madness is their opening stance. Game of chicken commencing.

And frankly that alone rules us out as I feel like we want all our business done nice and early.

DuBB

This Twitter thread by Ben Jacobs does a good job of explaining not only the finances but the thought process behind any Joao Felix deal (I'll post the most relevant Tweets):

So basically, people are waiting to see if Atletico soften their stance which would mean buying him outright in January could be cheaper than loaning him + option because if they go with the option, Atletico may want their £80+ valuation since it's only an option, but may take less if you go right for the buy right now.

Still, all if and's and maybes, but what seems to be legit and set in stone is the £8m loan + £5.3m wages option

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Its a big deal yes, but 16m for Felix, without an option, is a gamble I'd take if it means we go for the league.

Also if the price is that high, I'd insist on more than halving an option to buy thereafter (50-60m).
The big loan fees make sense if you can be certain they settle in very quickly. We've not had huge luck with that, do many teams? Tough one, the reward could be huge. Not my money so don't care much!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A.Madrid trying to hard to get everything they paid for Joao. they making things difficult i wouldn't mind loan plus 60M obligation but paying 18M now then pay like 60-70M later in summer or even more because the way A.Madrid going they likley will ask for 80M+ at least. Joao is very talented but he didn't show anything at A.Madrid to worth paying 80M+

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Need to sign the lad just to have Robbie post a video arguing with his regulars that he had it on good authority that "Yao Felix" is how his name is pronounced in Portugal :lol:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
If Edu pulls this off, I'll sponsor his next dozen BBQs.
I just watched the video. Tbh orn was just saying we are just one of many clubs. And it will mostly just be a 6 month loan with no option which has been mentioned already. Won't have high hopes based on this.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I just watched the video. Tbh orn was just saying we are just one of many clubs. And it will mostly just be a 6 month loan with no option which has been mentioned already. Won't have high hopes based on this.
Yeah I was watching it. If he came on loan and did well I see no reason they wouldn't just get the deal done like they did with Ødegaard.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Its not major update it's well known we in for him the question remain is A.Madrid will they be realistic with thier demands?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The only dumb who have no strategy when comes to transfers is todd he'll likely pay 20M loan fee. Manutd from the late report seems they not spending alot in January.

About us it'll be down about how much we'll pay for mudryk.

say yes

forum master baiter
This Twitter thread by Ben Jacobs does a good job of explaining not only the finances but the thought process behind any Joao Felix deal (I'll post the most relevant Tweets):

So basically, people are waiting to see if Atletico soften their stance which would mean buying him outright in January could be cheaper than loaning him + option because if they go with the option, Atletico may want their £80+ valuation since it's only an option, but may take less if you go right for the buy right now.

Still, all if and's and maybes, but what seems to be legit and set in stone is the £8m loan + £5.3m wages option
Where did Ben Jacobs come from? Over every transfer rumour like a rash. Ever had some good info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom