• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Bars pretty low. United got Hojlund who’s much younger and was cheaper and he’s scored more than Kai this season.

£75M for 11 goals is a poor return, I think most are just surprised.

Xoxo

Giroud 2.0. Go missing when the team need him most but will score a goal or two when the team is already winning to dupe gullible fans.

We would be in CL semifinal and top of the league now if we had vlahovic/Watkins instead.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Bars pretty low. United got Hojlund who’s much younger and was cheaper and he’s scored more than Kai this season.

£75M for 11 goals is a poor return, I think most are just surprised.
Hojlund is 3,5 years younger.

This season Hojlund has a point per 190 minutes in EPL without penalties, playing only ST.

Havertz has a point per 152 minutes in EPL without penalties, playing 30% as a CF, and 70% as a midfielder.

This season playing as a CF in EPL without penalties, he has a point per 61,5 minutes. Which is levels of output we have seen only from the likes of Henry and Van Persie.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Hojlund is 3,5 years younger.

This season Hojlund has a point per 190 minutes in EPL without penalties, playing only ST.

Havertz has a point per 152 minutes in EPL without penalties, playing 30% as a CF, and 70% as a midfielder.

This season playing as a CF in EPL without penalties, he has a point per 61,5 minutes. Which is levels of output we have seen only from the likes of Henry and Van Persie.

Hojlunds doing it in one of the worst United teams I’ve ever seen, they rank bottom of nearly every graph. It’s pretty incredible he’s scored as much as he has.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think at Arsenal you’ve seen the elite of the elite in terms of attackers, so anything that falls beneath that leaves you unsatisfied. Maybe that’s why I’m harsh on Saka and others are harsh on Kai.

When you’ve seen Dennis, Henry, RvP, Sanchez, Pires, Mesut etc, the bar is high. Even Auba, scored 1 in 2 throughout his career, as a finisher be was unquestionable.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I think at Arsenal you’ve seen the elite of the elite in terms of attackers, so anything that falls beneath that leaves you unsatisfied. Maybe that’s why I’m harsh on Saka and others are harsh on Kai.

When you’ve seen Dennis, Henry, RvP, Sanchez, Pires, Mesut etc, the bar is high.

We still have to retain our tekkers snobbishness for our attack. Arsenal heritage

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It’s not Arsenal without this. Maybe that’s why I have a disconnect with this team. I genuinely don’t rate or like the current team - outside Saliba.

I get where you’re coming from but I’m also starting to think Ødegaard wouldn’t look technically out of place against any of our past players barring just Bergkamp.

I have grossly underestimated his technique simply because of his reluctance to ball out on the pitch but it’s there.

drippin

Hojlunds doing it in one of the worst United teams I’ve ever seen, they rank bottom of nearly every graph. It’s pretty incredible he’s scored as much as he has.
Of course, but you can see how silly the comparison is, especially when Havertz has better goals & assists per 90 minutes even when playing 70% in midfield. Naturally you left assists out to make your point.

Havertz as a CF (also different than playing ST), has 3x better output. It's obviously not only about the level of the team. And Havertz is versatile, which adds value to the squad and he was bought from a rival, which both add to the cost.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

There are the hardcore like Drippin who will argue over every minute detail insisting Arsenal/Arteta got it 100% right and Haverts is the best and better than x/y/z.

Realistically, Havertz and Jackson are on a similar tally, but one of the butt of jokes and the other is praised. Both begged for a penalty, one got it, one didn't which is life.

I just think if we were offered a do over we don't spend 65 mil and 300k per week for what we got. Likewise if a team offered to give our money back this summer, this Haverts facade ends immediately and the truth will come out like Ramsdale.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Of course, but you can see how silly the comparison is, especially when Havertz has better goals & assists per 90 minutes even when playing 70% in midfield.

Havertz as a CF (also different than playing ST), has 3x better output. It's obviously not only about the level of the team. And Havertz is versatile, which adds value to the squad and he was bought from a rival, which adds to the cost.

Unrelated - but where can I get a breakdown of when/where Havertz has played midfield vs False 9?

I’m not sure about the 70/30 split so just wanted to see if the usual sites are missclassifying him in some games.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

It’s not Arsenal without this. Maybe that’s why I have a disconnect with this team. I genuinely don’t rate or like the current team - outside Saliba.

I like our defenders , Rice and Ode a lot. I like Sakas reliability when he's one form. But I'd love to have even just, say, Arshavin in this squad. Closest we have to that is Trossard. I miss those tricky X factor players we always usually have one of.

drippin

Unrelated - but where can I get a breakdown of when/where Havertz has played midfield vs False 9?

I’m not sure about the 70/30 split so just wanted to see if the usual sites are missclassifying him in some games.
It's all we got as far as I know. It's likely not 100% true, but close enough.

You can select it from here.

drippin

There are the hardcore like Drippin who will argue over every minute detail insisting Arsenal/Arteta got it 100% right and Haverts is the best and better than x/y/z. Realistically, Havertz and Jackson are on a similar tally, but one of the butt of jokes and the other is praised.
And then there are posters like you and OnlyOne who try to twist it and compare apples to oranges. And then blame others when they react to it. :lol:

Jackson has played striker, just like Hojlund.
I just think if we were offered a do over we don't spend 65 mil and 300k per week for what we got. Likewise if a team offered to give our money back this summer, this Haverts facade ends immediately and the truth will come out like Ramsdale.
There is no way Arteta will sell Havertz for years.

drippin

I just wanted to start something that was all
Yeah it was good, because I finally realized where I can see Havertz output at CF position easily.

And with a point per 61,5 minutes he has been at Henry and Van Persie best seasons levels output this season at that position.

So thanks, very successful trolling.

Thrice

I like our defenders , Rice and Ode a lot. I like Sakas reliability when he's one form. But I'd love to have even just, say, Arshavin in this squad. Closest we have to that is Trossard. I miss those tricky X factor players we always usually have one of.
Would like to see ESR get a loan move somewhere next season. One full year as a starter and I think he can be that player.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom