• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lassana Diarra

DK Gooner

Re: Lass

He is better than Song, but there's no way Wenger would re-sign him. It will hurt him to think that he offloaded him for £2m and then had to buy him back for around £12m.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Burned his bridges. I don't think he'd want to come back here unless he was made captain and offered 200k a week.

Segway

IF he'd be interested in returning, I'd love him here. Would hate to see him at Sp**s.

There is light

DK Gooner said:
He is better than Song, but there's no way Wenger would re-sign him. It will hurt him to think that he offloaded him for £2m and then had to buy him back for around £12m.

This.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

While we're here, why not re-sign Ade as well so we'd have two pricks coming back to the team.

That story sounds utter BS to me.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

If he is committed to come back and Arsène wants him then why not? Brilliant player, shown against Barca he can be one of the best DM in the world.

Would absolutely love him here.

Btw, the Silvio proto is ****. 3rd choice would be fine though

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

I think he's a quality player and the type of midfielder i want to see us sign.

As DK says though, Wenger won't buy him no matter what as it would mean eating humble pie.

JazzG

Established Member

I don't think he is a better player than Song, maybe slightly better and aggressive in the tackle but on the ball Song is far better than him. Positionally I don't think there is much in it. Surely he would be a replacement for Song and if we are gonna replace him it has to be someone a lot better and Diarra most certainly isn't. Guy was pretty average for us when he was with us and couldn't get into the team ahead of Flamini.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member

DK Gooner said:
I agree with what you're saying, but for the sake of correctness, we bought him for £2m and sold him for £5.5m (just six months later). Like you said, though - can't see Arsène paying more than double what we sold him for to get him back.

I don't think he's better than Song anyway. Diarra's more dynamic but Song's a better passer of the ball and generally more comfortable with the ball at his feet. They're on a very similar level in my opinion.

qs

Established Member

He's not better than Song. A good season for Pompey is about all he's ever achieved.

DK Gooner

I thought we sold him for £2m directly with a cut on his next transfer fee - hence we ended up getting £5.5m after his transfer to Real.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member

DK Gooner said:
I thought we sold him for £2m directly with a cut on his next transfer fee - hence we ended up getting £5.5m after his transfer to Real.
Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. The Guardian claims the fee was £5.5m from Portsmouth alone. The Telegraph claims it was £5m from Portsmouth. Make of that what you will!

darthwenger

Don't think he was really given a chance here but obviously didn't want to hang around.

Decent enough player but imo, I'd rather just keep Song in that position - not exactly the midfield enforcer I had in mind.

Once again - another midget to add to the ranks.

Floating

Established Member

A midfield of:

- - - - - - - - - Song - - - - - - - -
- - - Fabregas - - - Diarra - - -

Would be nasty when we need to give Jack or Ramsey a break, or we need an aggressive pressing game. Also, when Song is out, we can play Diarra in his position. Seems like a good deal, but I'd also look at Scott Parker and Cheik Tiote.

jus2nang

qs said:
He's not better than Song. A good season for Pompey is about all he's ever achieved.

He is better than Song. Song only has 2 attributes that are better - size and strength. Nothing else.

fabo

6.51 / 10

I do think Diarra would improve us but there seems to be a running theme at every club he goes to i.e he starts whining at some point.

There are flaws to his game, he can slow things down too much at times, lacks creativity(not his main job but he does find himself in advanced positions quite often) and it seems like his attitude stinks. But some of the things he does offer are what I think we are missing in midfield - urgency in his pressing, physicality. He can also drive forward at pace and I was impressed with his ability to retain possession under Barca's pressing.

MAK 14

Established Member

Lass is what we need. A tenacious, hard working player that likes to get his foot stuck in. He's a great ball winner, and while we could do better than him, we could do a lot worse too.

famous no 10

Established Member

I'd be utterly pissed off if we sign this idiot again, and really, he's not great anyway.

Average player with a poor attitude.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom