• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.

em9999

My rainbows
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the stats actually back up the theory that perez is better, there is no suggesting about it

Aevi

Hale End FC
Where? :lol: All I said was:
People posted stats trying to make it look like he's better than Griezmann.

What part of that is not true?
Griezmann is a player to compare to. Like look, Perez is pulling similar numbers to a player we all look at as a top forward, there must be something there. Noone actually thinks he's Griezmann level, let alone better.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Regardless of whether we're happy or not, this is the hand we've been dealt by the club so we have to get behind the new players.

I'm not convinced and from the little I've seen I have reservations about both players but I'm glad to admit I've not seen enough of either player so would be more than happy to be proved wrong. I still think United and City are going to be miles ahead of us this year but hope these are the second coming of Tony Adams and Thierry Henry and these guys fire us to the league. The three first teamers signed in Mustafi, Perez and Xhaka all look strong characters and that is definitely what we do need.

Bergkamp120

Michael Gooner‏@MickTheGooner
Graham Hunter: "Barca wanted Lucas Perez but were told [Wed night] he was en-route to Arsenal - terms were done & it was going to happen."
"Perez is a late developer, he's very, very hungry. He's got goals [in him]. He works very hard. He's aggressive in a sporting sense.
I've posted before about his links to Barca over the last couple of windows:
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/lucas-perez-espera-barcelona-5289944
http://www.football-espana.net/59420/barca-‘turn-lucas-perez’
http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2016/07/08/577f6287ca47411f6d8b45a0.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-target-kevin-gameiro-lucas-7903799

carlito'sway

Established Member
Lyon raised the price in August, they would have been willing to sell for £42m in July according to most sources.

BS.....Lyon never set a price on Lacazette. Aulas was adamant from the get go that the player was not for sale. This is a story I folloed closely and not once OL ever put a price on Laca.

Bergkamp120

I posted this before and I guess people thought that I was showing that he's close to Griezmann. It's actually showing that he's just as good as Giroud but he has a different style which fits us better.

lDUauSj.jpg

He's not Griezmann but he's good enough to displace Giroud.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Lyon raised the price in August, they would have been willing to sell for £42m in July according to most sources.
And we did make a bid for him according to the same sources. Wenger just wasn't willing to go more than £30m for him before checking if other(better?) options were definitely closed.
In fact even with Mustafi I believe we went in with an 18m offer. Then we tried for Gimenez when Valencia demanded 40m and then finally had to settle for Mustafi after AtMadrid demanded 60m for Gimenez.

dynasty

Just a quick note...Vardy scored 6 penalties last season , Perez, 1.
We can add that to the comparison as well.

I normally think it is a negative as its "easier goals" unfortunately we actually need a penalty taker. Not convinced with anybody taking penalties in our team

carlito'sway

Established Member
I normally think it is a negative as its "easier goals" unfortunately we actually need a penalty taker. Not convinced with anybody taking penalties in our team

Not saying it is a negative....It is simply that Vardy padded up his goals with a lot of penalties. I am sure Perez could have done the same if DLC had as many penalties as LCFC.
W/out penalties, they have the exact same goal stats,( Perez has more assists)

Ao18

I posted this before and I guess people thought that I was showing that he's close to Griezmann. It's actually showing that he's just as good as Giroud but he has a different style which fits us better.

lDUauSj.jpg

He's not Griezmann but he's good enough to displace Giroud.
He really isn't. Giroud will be starting

carlito'sway

Established Member
:lol: Unless you're on the board of directors, there is no way you can definitively say that.

What else is he going to say in public?

Aulas is pretty transparent, that has been his trademark. If a player is for sale, he will make it public and set a price over his head. He has done it over the years.
In Laca's case, it was clear from the get go, he was not going anywhere.
Furthermore, I wrote about this earlier this summer, Laca is their only striker, they are in CL, have a their own brand new stadium, don't need the money, so they had zero incentives to sell. Sometimes, we have ro accept that some players are just not available.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Just a quick note...Vardy scored 6 penalties last season , Perez, 1.
We can add that to the comparison as well.
Does that mean Perez missed penalties?

As a side note let's not take penalties in or out of any equation. They need to be scored. If we're drawing nil nil 90 minutes gone you get a penalty. You want someone who can handle that pressure. So again. Let's not discount penalties as if they're a foregone conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom