• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

As soon as the Vardy release clause story broke on Sky Sports News many Fridays ago the press went into over drive to say how a move to Arsenal was a bad one and how he wouldn't fit the system.

Now we are heavily linked with a player who we read performs to a similar style to Vardy on the park and is coincidentally a late developer in terms of his peak ability, another reason the media wrote off Vardy for us, yet you read in the Telegraph today for example that this new boy is Arsenal's "attacking solution"

Bloody rent-a-gobs. The two-facedness or lack of sticking to their opinions agitates me. They just find what they need to suit an agenda.

Rant over.
Its not just rent a gobs it's the general mindset. Perez has lots of vowels, sounds like a fancy dancy Arsenal player Vardy has neither. If Vardy was called Vardosa they'd have been saying a clinical hard working striker exactly what Arsenal need. And truth be told, regardless of name, it's what we need.

Bashii

It would be typically Wenger if he converts him back to winger after such a breakout season as striker.

Always likes to be smarter than the average guy.

Arsenio Venger

Its not just rent a gobs it's the general mindset. Perez has lots of vowels, sounds like a fancy dancy Arsenal player Vardy has neither. If Vardy was called Vardosa they'd have been saying a clinical hard working striker exactly what Arsenal need. And truth be told, regardless of name, it's what we need.

They have the exact number of syllables

infinium

What worries me is that this guy has only played 180 odd games in his career so is pretty raw. Similar level of experience to Giroud when he joined us but slightly older. A lot of uncertainties.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

They have the exact number of syllables
Lucas or Jamie. Perez or Vardy. I know which one sounds like a continental better than your average English player name. Which one sounds exotic and which one sounds like he'd be in the local boozer squandering dole money. Prejudice absolutely comes into it unfortunately.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
It would be typically Wenger if he converts him back to winger after such a breakout season as striker.

Always likes to be smarter than the average guy.

I hope not. He only started scoring as a striker.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Giroud is too good a player when the above options are all you have.
Agree

Rather have James or reus or Draxler and continue playing giroud

Vs geting perez and playing Walcott

With that said this could be the season the Ox stays fit and puts it all together

Arsenio Venger

Lucas or Jamie. Perez or Vardy. I know which one sounds like a continental better than your average English player name. Which one sounds exotic and which one sounds like he'd be in the local boozer squandering dole money. Prejudice absolutely comes into it unfortunately.

I've seen the name Perez way more than Vardy!

noon

Lucas will not play as a winger for us, 100% sure, in fact whoever converted him to striker last season was spot on, he has every thing you need in a striker, hunger, pace, finishing, the bully upper body, why it took so long for everyone to see the striker in him I don't know.

He's Ok player on the wing, but it's as a striker that he comes alive, this boy will bang them in.

I'd love us to get another creative player on the right wing and we can. Take on any team

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Lucas will not play as a winger for us, 100% sure, in fact whoever converted him to striker last season was spot on, he has every thing you need in a striker, hunger, pace, finishing, the bully upper body, why it took so long for everyone to see the striker in him I don't know.

He's Ok player on the wing, but it's as a striker that he comes alive, this boy will bang them in.

I'd love us to get another creative player on the right wing and we can. Take on any team

Or a lb with Bellerin attributes

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Its all about partnership, at least most of the times :)

With Lucas we are getting what Alexis needs next to him. A hard working forward who can play up and on the wing, which gives them both freedom to move around (both are very good at it).
We're gonna see a lot of interchanging during the game, which is a huge bonus. Alexis as CF and he'll have a smart finisher running from a wing, or other way around when Alexis is on the wing doing his dribblings while Lucas runs thru and shows us his finishing. Both being Spanish speakers will only help them click sooner.
On top of that, Özil will be behind, while there is no better target man for our style, when needed, in Giroud.
Really like this move

Mr_Stabbems

I'm unsure about this guy, i've not seen much of him and everyone is praising his dribbling and finishing. Fair enough his finishing looks decent but his dribbling looks a bit...erratic? looks like the ball pings all over the place and a lot of his megs look a bit lucky.

Hope i'm wrong though, hopefully he'll be the chaos in the box suarez was supposed to be. I think wenger put it as ability to "destabilize he defense"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Top Bottom