• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Tnegs

FFP wasn’t a thing when we first had the takeover and built a team able to compete. I don’t agree we was a nothing club we won league titles before the money in the 70s and 60s and one of the first sides who’s still in existence to win an Fa Cup. Hold the second highest ever home attendance at an home game in English football for when it was all standing. Had more trophies than Leeds before the money would you say they are small. Also had 35k every week watching us in every division with thousands going to every away match so we’ve always had a decent size of core supporters
And do you think you have complied with FFP rules that were introduced in 11/12? Has there been any deliberate effort to circumvent the rules in order to maintain the spending necessary?

Synical

Miss Superstitious

kit-sales-1709647774-131013.png

Can’t cheat on kit and merchandise sales at least.
I bet the owners bought half of them

lomekian

Essays are my thing
FFP wasn’t a thing when we first had the takeover and built a team able to compete. I don’t agree we was a nothing club we won league titles before the money in the 70s and 60s and one of the first sides who’s still in existence to win an Fa Cup. Hold the second highest ever home attendance at an home game in English football for when it was all standing. Had more trophies than Leeds before the money would you say they are small. Also had 35k every week watching us in every division with thousands going to every away match so we’ve always had a decent size of core supporters
I don't think anyone disagrees with anything in this paragraph, but equally a very impressive dodging of the bit of the question about the charges.

City were always the underachieving big club that most people quite liked because of the humour of the fan base, and they have spectacualarly become the opposite and are happy to be a propoganda tool that uses political back channels to circumnavigate the rules.

Under the pre oil money influx, I had no problem with City. A bit of money, a bit of success, even poaching our players was fair enough as the pit wasn't bottomless and it was a mans ego trip rather than a state tool. The current ownership, and any such state owners are for me an evil blight on the sport, because its nothng to do with sport - its all soft power and the likes of City, Newcastle and PSG have truly sold their soul. Even Chelsea under Abramovich were still a personal plaything (and assasination insurance).

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I actually asked a similar question in the Arsenal finances thread about Sp**s. These figures are being quoted in multiple sources and there is a report done by UEFA which confirms many of the figures quoted.

UEFA kit and merchandising report is on page 61.

Still not sure I'm buying it, nobody knows what a Topspur is outside of England.

Probably Levy cooking the books somehow.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Take CL revenue out of the equation and their total revenue would be about the same as ours. I don’t get it either.
I've mentioned this here before, NYC has got tons of casual to diehard football fans. I have seen more Villa kits than Spud kits here and probably 3/4 the time when I see a Spud kit, it's a Korean or Korean-American person with Son on the back. Nobody rates them here and we've got probably the best cross section of the global community as it were on earth. Here it's Barca, Madrid, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea in that order in terms of the kits I see the most walking around.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Just to add to the debate, in Mid Wales you see Man Utd and Liverpool shirts predominantly. Arsenal, Villa and Wolves are pretty common, I hardly ever see a Sp**s shirt.

Tnegs

Going back to the kit and merchandising revenue bit, the reason why I posted it was because I found it quite interesting that City who generate only slightly more than half as much revenue as Pool and Utd from this segment still managed to record total commercial revenue of 341m compared to Liverpool at 272m and Utd at 303m.

IMG_3002.gif

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Going back to the kit and merchandising revenue bit, the reason why I posted it was because I found it quite interesting that City who generate only slightly more than half as much revenue as Pool and Utd from this segment still managed to record total commercial revenue of 341m compared to Liverpool at 272m and Utd at 303m.

View attachment 24237

Game Cheating GIF

View attachment 24237
The benefits of having incredible business people at the club and loads of prize money from winning so many trophies

Tnegs

The benefits of having incredible business people at the club and loads of prize money from winning so many trophies
I’m gonna give you credit for avoiding the charges question instead of telling lies.

Prize money is recorded under broadcast revenue not commercial.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

City hearing is in August, I was told tonight, listed for 5-8 weeks.
Will the hearing start before the start of the new season?

If the Premier League ACTUALLY wanted to make City stop dragging this process out endlessly there was a simple solution all along. Just say "Okay, until you actually comply with our investigation you're suspended from competing in the EPL". They'd stop dragging their feet then for sure.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Will the hearing start before the start of the new season?

If the Premier League ACTUALLY wanted to make City stop dragging this process out endlessly there was a simple solution all along. Just say "Okay, until you actually comply with our investigation you're suspended from competing in the EPL". They'd stop dragging their feet then for sure.
Should start around the same time but if won’t finish till a month or two in and I imagine judgment will be reserved - plus further delay till (any) punishment is calculated. And any appeal pursued.

But at least it will be resolved next season.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom