• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
@A_G you need to find a gif of Ødegaard sitting Amrabat on his arse.

VERY reminiscent of how I bin @jones off on A-M debates.
giphy.gif

andeoch1

We have taken the title battle to the last day of the season. We can't ask for more, especially as we have played as Kai as our striker for the entire season. I am finally proud of my team and we should we very happy whatever happens on the last week of the season.

We should fix our midfield and striker positions, but knowing Arteta will probably buy another defender.
Can’t be proud of the on field performance today/ dog ****e

andeoch1

I’m not doubting Odegaards technical ability, he can be brilliant at times. I’m questioning whether he has balls or a vagina when push comes to shove. We need more than a pretty/silky boy at Mid.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
We melted against a massively underperforming Munich team. We’ve also melted against Villa at home which will 99% cost us the league. All in the last few weeks. Not saying you’re wrong, but feel there’s still fragility we need to iron out. We’re likely to win nothing again despite the plaudits.

We've also NOT lost to Man City, Munich, Liverpool, Sp**s, United, Newcastle, Porto, Brighton in one off games since the start of 2024 and battered West Ham/Burnley/Palace/Chelsea. I think we're doing ok all things considered.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I love how we don't have to play well to win now, you can just trust our defence to be the one that doesn't make an error now.

Go back a year or two ago, and we make that Casemiro error today and lose...but now our backline is so good and so well drilled, you just know they ain't ****ing up.

White-Saliba-Gabriel-Tomiyasu... that's a crazy good defence, all giants who are all fast too...would hate having to play against it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I love how we don't have to play well to win now, you can just trust our defence to be the one that doesn't make an error now.

Go back a year or two ago, and we make that Casemiro error today and lose...but now our backline is so good and so well drilled, you just know they ain't ****ing up.

White-Saliba-Gabriel-Tomiyasu... that's a crazy good defence, all giants who are all fast too...would hate having to play against it.

Good point, we just went to Old Toilet, didn't play particularly well, beat them on xG and took away 3 points...that hasn't happened in a very long time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good point, we just went to Old Toilet, didn't play particularly well, beat them on xG and took away 3 points...that hasn't happened in a very long time.

It's not a very good United team, but I don't think they really had a proper chance and that's very impressive for an away game v them...defence was superb.

There was one moment when I think they took a throw in quick and suddenly had Hojlund 1 v 1 v Gabriel in the box...but in like half a second Rice and Saliba had Rasmus cornered in some sort of devils fourway, and he didn't know what the **** to do and lost the ball :lol:

This is probably the first time since Highbury really, when we have built a squad with tall athletic players...and you can see the difference they make.

Feel like this is the first time since the mid 00s, when you feel Arsenal could outrun any team they play aswell as outplay them.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It just doesn’t register as memorable long term without a trophy. It would be different if this team won a cup, especially the FA cup. Then you can say they won a record 89 points, won the FA cup and finished 2nd. It still isn’t nearly as good as winning league regardless of point total. But a cup would have made 2nd so much better; even the Caribou cup. Without a trophy it just isn’t memorable unless let’s say you make a CL final. I still remember that 06 team

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
@A_G you need to find a gif of Ødegaard sitting Amrabat on his arse.

VERY reminiscent of how I bin @jones off on A-M debates.
Lovely bit of skill but trust @Blood on the Tracks to compare himself to our lipless leader on the day of his worst performance in months.

Poor sod thought he's got me good with this one when both players yesterday did their best to recreate this famous fight

Screenshot_20240511-112535.png

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Looks fake. Doesn't look like the dressing room. But, I won't be suprised. The commentary box looked awful.
The story has been picked up by multiple major media outlets, I’m guessing at least a couple would have fact checked before publish. Not the main dressing room but an adjacent bathroom next to the showers.

Apparently Radcliffe sent a recent internal email slamming the internal facilities, but he saved the most savage criticism for their IT team :) :) Why do the IT guys always get a kicking?

Tom Mix

We've also NOT lost to Man City, Munich, Liverpool, Sp**s, United, Newcastle, Porto, Brighton in one off games since the start of 2024 and battered West Ham/Burnley/Palace/Chelsea. I think we're doing ok all things considered.
We're doing well bar the blip against Villa which came on the back of the 1-0 loss at Munich where we did indeed lose. A little more imagination and we'd have beaten Villa. Problem is that blip is now almost certain to cost us the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom