• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
My predictions have been basically spot on for 2 months now.
Premier League Waiting GIF by Play Sports

I’ll be surprised if another 4/5 goals aren’t scored, Brentford are rubbish.
Arsenal 2-1 Brentford
I’ll go 3-1. I think we’ll blitz them early with goals and take control of the tie.

I actually don’t think it will be too tense.
Arsenal 1-0 Porto
2-2. Poor team, Villa, but gut says they’ll fluke goals.
Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa
Fancy Bayern by 3/4 goals.
Bayern 1-0 Arsenal
This is where we’ll take out our frustrations at hit 4/5 goals. This is also the sort of game where Saka and his buddies turn up.

Saka, Ode, JaySus all to score.
Wolves 0-2 Arsenal

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I legitimately thought Mother's Day was a uniform date across the West! It's always the secondSunday in May in both Oz/NZ and Canada/USA so I just assumed it would be the same for UK + Europe too
And, the ones down under celebrate Father's Day in September.. :lol:

NZgunner

we should win this

Utd have a cup final against City a couple of weeks later, and just like Sp**s don't want to see us win and will perform poorly against City, Utd will do likewise for us - in fact it is a double incentive as us pushing City to the last day of the season means Utd could feel more rested come the cup final

we will still have to turn up and perform - but if we do, we win

but it probably isn't going to be enough with Fulham (5 points from 18 in their last six games), Sp**s (4 from 18) and West Ham (5 from 18) being absolute gash right now

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel a win here is super important, no matter what happens at Fulham.

Have a weird feeling City will beat Fulham 3-0 in a pretty easy match and this place will lose hope, then we will win this 1-0 and the place will still be pretty down.

Then City go to Sp**s and will dominate the game from minute 1 to minute 89 scoring very early and creating chance after chance, with the Tottenham fans cheering every City attack...then in the 90th minute Son will accidentally score a 30 yarder he was trying to hit out of the stadium, becoming the first player to cry tears of pain after scoring a Prem goal and the game ends 1-1 😅

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I just want us to win these two games so we end on a high.

I think it's unlikely City will drop points, so I won't be too disappointed. We've enjoyed this season far more than City fans have. It's been amazing and entertaining.

I don't think I enjoy football matches anymore, tbh...I just feel crushingly nervous during every game and in between every game, until the summer breaks briefly puts me out of my misery lol!

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I don't think I enjoy football matches anymore, tbh...I just feel crushingly nervous during every game and in between every game, until the summer breaks briefly puts me out of my misery lol!
Aww! I haven't felt nervous this season because of how defensively solid we are. We barely concede first. It's so good. I was shocked every time we dropped points.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Honestly I want nothing less than a 5 goal winning margin. They’re stinky & we’re class, 8-0 would be perfect. Time to avenge that day. No mercy, crush them before their cup final. Give them yet another reason to hate us more than their city “rivals”.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
The Cafe is a great read at the moment, this is the first page only of their pre-match thread for Palace away tonight:

This is a nailed on loss. You know it, we all know it.
I honestly don't think we'll win another game this season, with this as our "easiest" remaining game in our fixture.
Palace look good under Glaser, they will rip us a new one, Mateta looks a scary man.
A expected defeat and at best a draw.
They've been on a good stretch lately. A point is the best we can hope for here.
Easy win for Palace
A very optimistic bunch here so far.:lol:
A week is a long time in politics and it’s going to be a bloody long week waiting for this to come around.
Selhurst Park can be a nasty place to go to wIth their raucous crowd and I too am a glass three quarters empty. A Palace win I’m afraid, probably 2-0
I'd expect a draw here. Glasner has given them a much needed lift.
What with ETH still being here for the next game seeing as Ratcliffe is a coward, another chaotic loss is 2-1
Not sure I care tbh.

Another half arsed performance by a bunch of feckwits with no plan, pattern or clue.
Sorry to say this but I think this will be a comfortable 2 - 0 win for Palace. That is just where we are at the moment.
Palace are playing some good stuff under Glasner, I don’t fancy our chances here at all.
We'll get comfortably beat I think.
Night game. In London. Crowd up for it. United are ****e. We will leather them 1-1.
3-1 Palace.

Of the 5 games left I see us losing 4 and drawing the other.

Never wanted a season to end so much in my life. Just pray ten Hag is not in the dug out next season.

Long story short, we need a big win here. They are **** and have a ****load of injuries. Last year we were happy when Casemiro got a yellow here so he would be suspended, now I want that fat kebab to play 90 minutes against us.

0-3 to the Arsenal.

HighburyHigh

I don't think Cheaty will drop any points, they'll smash each of those teams they have left by at least 2 clear goals minimum.

Win our last 2 so we can to go out the season in a good frame of mind and we can't be accused of "bottling" the run in.
With a couple additions in the summer, we can hopefully go one better next season. And maybe a good cup run (We're due to win our FA Cup trophy again as it's been a few years)

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Assuming City win this will be psychologically tough - so I’ll go for a tightish 2-1 win. Otherwise and tbh I’d expect us to win by three clear.

SupersoakerArsene

We actually should win this game easily. Maguire the goat is also out with an injury, lol.
They might need to play with Casemiro - Evans. Don't know if Martinez might be fit, but he is a walking yellow card without any minutes in his legs, so don't bother him.

Casemiro - Evans, lol. We might even start Nketiah if they start with Evans Casemiro as CB's, lol.

I just hope we destroy this bald fraud who thinks he is the best manager in the league. He is such a dead ass manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom