• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This is going to be one of those games where we’re expected to run riot, miss chance after chance and they’ll get a questionable pen.
This should be another comfortable 5-0, but it’s Old Trafford and our record there is atrocious, regardless of how **** United are now.

1000% agree but this particular Arsenal vintage seems quite resistant to historical patterns.

The bigger problem is the current City side is a once in a 100 year anomaly.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is going to be one of those games where we’re expected to run riot, miss chance after chance and they’ll get a questionable pen.
This should be another comfortable 5-0, but it’s Old Trafford and our record there is atrocious, regardless of how **** United are now.
I can actually see us taking a dominant early lead and then regressing to a position of excessive containment football. Despite our excellent recent form we seem to be making very slow starts to the 2nd half of games after dominating the first. I’m with you though about the fact that our record there is so abhorrently bad that it doesn’t matter what sort of form they are in, we just need to be clinical.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Wonder how we would cope if man city drop points on Saturday, there would be insane pressure on this game

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It’s going to be a tough game people, United may he rubbish at the moment, but they’ll turn up for Arsenal.

What gives me more hope is our out of possession system, which needs very specific coordination to break or get past. I think we’ll be able to push them back and stifle them a great deal, as well as snuff out their counter attacks.

Keep mistakes to a minimum and we can put in a strong performance here. I’m going for another clean sheet and a 2-0 win to us.

Malky

Established Member
It’s going to be a tough game people, United may he rubbish at the moment, but they’ll turn up for Arsenal.

What gives me more hope is our out of possession system, which needs very specific coordination to break or get past. I think we’ll be able to push them back and stifle them a great deal, as well as snuff out their counter attacks.

Keep mistakes to a minimum and we can put in a strong performance here. I’m going for another clean sheet and a 2-0 win to us.
Not sure why so many on here think we’ll walk through them without getting out of first gear ? United will turn up for this game because in the eyes of United fans they’ve got two cup finals coming up - the FA Cup against City and us on Sunday. They’re going to be up for this.
We’re in for a much harder game than a lot of fans seem to think.

HattoriHanzo

Not sure why so many on here think we’ll walk through them without getting out of first gear ? United will turn up for this game because in the eyes of United fans they’ve got two cup finals coming up - the FA Cup against City and us on Sunday. They’re going to be up for this.
We’re in for a much harder game than a lot of fans seem to think.
Exactly, whoever thinks that it will be a walk in the park is stupid and/or arrogant.
I will be tough.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

As for people saying this isn't an easy game. Maybe they are partly right it is United at Old Trafford. But make no mistake if they were in our form and we were missing half a team and fielding kids or players out of position they'd come in and comfortably overturn us. I'm old enough to have witnessed it happening - United 8 Arsenal 2.

So yes, be nervous, approach the game in the right manner but there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be going there and running riot. They have half a team out, the other half are wanting out or will be forced out, they've a manager they might sack before a cup final!

Cobra Kai - no mercy.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

United are terrible, I mean really terrible. If we score early then it’ll be a long day for them.

They’re a weird team, heads will drop and then suddenly they’ll burst into life and do something.

They have some danger men but honestly we should be smashing them to pieces. They concede at least 10 shots a game to any and all opposition, they do not know how to defend and guys like Casemiro look as if they’re dragging ten ton trucks.

This a freight train going to old Trafford.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

There should be a blackout on results imo. Keep the players focused. No coincidence that in lots of title races teams drop points the same game week.

Gary Neville mentioned the same point.

If City win at Fulham then I have a feeling that we’ll drop points here imo as it very rarely goes down to the final game. Would be hard to take if we fumble at OT then City end up doing the same vs Sp**s 😭

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
United are terrible, I mean really terrible. If we score early then it’ll be a long day for them.

They’re a weird team, heads will drop and then suddenly they’ll burst into life and do something.

They have some danger men but honestly we should be smashing them to pieces. They concede at least 10 shots a game to any and all opposition, they do not know how to defend and guys like Casemiro look as if they’re dragging ten ton trucks.

This a freight train going to old Trafford.
Casimero has been slaughtered, absolutely eviscerated for his performance against Palace, and rightly so it was diabolical. He was making peak Willian moves out there.

Surely he in particular will be playing for personal pride? :)

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Casimero has been slaughtered, absolutely eviscerated for his performance against Palace, and rightly so it was diabolical. He was making peak Willian moves out there.

Surely he in particular will be playing for personal pride? :)

He’s checked out mate you can see it in everything he does, he’s absolutely abysmal and it’s getting worse.

Sometimes I feel like after a walloping clubs will bounce back for the manager.

This time it feels like we can put the final nail in the ETH coffin.

Tnegs

He’s checked out mate you can see it in everything he does, he’s absolutely abysmal and it’s getting worse.

Sometimes I feel like after a walloping clubs will bounce back for the manager.

This time it feels like we can put the final nail in the ETH coffin.
Want to feel bad for the guy he was a great player at RM but hes being paid a huge amount to do very little at Utd and doesn’t seem to care much. Symbolic of the meme club they have become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom