• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Delli Alli is one of the few young english players that I rate at the moment. He and Ross Barkley, really, are the only ones I can think of.

Absolute brutal player, he's not even that young and he's hardly come on in the last few years.

His game is just to charge about all over the pitch, run down blind alleys when he's on the ball and occasionally thump it from distance and hope for the best.

Mentally he's Championship level but because he's very good physically it means he'll be a mainstay of whatever big club is stupid enough to pay 40M+ for him (guessing Utd) and the English national team, but starting from next summer when they crash out the Euros at the earliest opportunity people will wonder why his style of play doesn't translate to the highest level.

At best he'll have an Aaron Lennon type career, hyped for far too long until people realise the truth when he's around 25/26 that he won't actually get better and what you see is all you'll ever get.

One severe injury for him and his career is totally f*cked.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Absolute brutal player, he's not even that young and he's hardly come on in the last few years.

His game is just to charge about all over the pitch, run down blind alleys when he's on the ball and occasionally thump it from distance and hope for the best.

Mentally he's Championship level but because he's very good physically it means he'll be a mainstay of whatever big club is stupid enough to pay 40M+ for him (guessing Utd) and the English national team, but starting from next summer when they crash out the Euros at the earliest opportunity people will wonder why his style of play doesn't translate to the highest level.

At best he'll have an Aaron Lennon type career, hyped for far too long until people realise the truth when he's around 25/26 that he won't actually get better and what you see is all you'll ever get.

That's a brutal assessment.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't pay 40+ million for him, I wouldn't buy any Brit player, tbh. They're not value for money. Their prices are far too inflated, regardless their talent level. I do think he is on of the few talented Brits. I think the Euros will be the acid test.

Bould14

As an Arsenal fan I hate Sp**s but objectively looking at Poche's project he's got something good going there. Physical defense, and a top striker. They play high intensity and move the ball pretty well. His biggest challenge is changing the mentality since everyone expects them to bottle it like they usually do.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
I don't rate their fullbacks at all particularly Walker. But if they get another goal scorer in January to help take some of the load off Kane they could challenge for a top 3 place, maybe even higher.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Aguero is top 3 strikers in the world. Kane doesn't come close tbh.

Aguero can't do much from the treatment table, and Bony looks an appalling signing (especially given that he went in January for £28 million and had a release clause the previous summer which would have allowed him to move for £19 million). I'd rather bank on Kane over Aguero over the course of the season to win me a Premier league title unless I had a better back up than Bony, and I fancy Tottenham for the league this year. They have a great goalkeeper, a number 10 who would not look out of place at any club, a great striker who scores a lot of goals, and a top manager. I am genuinely worried.

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He can't do much from the treatment table. I'd rather bank on Kane over the course of the season to win me a title, and I fancy Tottenham for the league this year.

6860141.jpg

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Genuinel
Tottenham are not winning the league, let's not even go there. They invented the whole principle of bottling.

Well I'm concerned that Pochettino's team might be slightly more mentally strong. They've had a core of players who've been together for a few years now. Until the Southampton match I thought Arsenal, but I fear that they and City are just that bit too flakey this year. Everyone has said it is there for the taking and that includes the team with the best record up to now. Wenger has repeatedly talked about how the most consistent team could win it and that makes me very concerned because it is very clear which team that is at this stage.

History does say that this suggestion is madness, but the form doesn't. They have a lot of quality too, possibly just enough to get them there if they get Berahino in Jan and he hits the ground running.

People can criticise them for the number of draws they get but a lot were from their slow start, and they are building momentum from there, and we've failed to get away from them in terms of points despite that. They are still there and they will have loads of confidence from rarely getting beaten. If they keep chipping away and converting some wins like they are doing, it could be like Pool a couple of years back and it could just be whether or not they bottle it.

The title could be in he hands of West Brom and a man named Mohamed El Neny. How bizarre!!

Bould14

Right now the Sp**s project looks very promising. Chelsea, and United will pump money again next summer but if Sp**s can keep their core together and sprinkle in a few pieces they could build a solid footballing platform.

Winning cups and titles is a completely other matter but is it possible for them down the road? I can't see it just yet. Most probably they will finish above United but United will make some big offers for Kane.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Before we meet them we need to learn how to play them.

They are in good form, work hard and are grinding results. They are in need of a proper finisher at the club and then they become a real force to be reckoned with.

Despite that I feel that they still would be outside the top four clubs, outside of this season. The likes of United and Chelsea are severely underperforming and that is their main chance at a CL spot this year.

Next season they probably out the picture again.

haha_arsenal

wasn't it last year at this point they were 8-9 points above us,
then later we celebrated St Totteringham's in April?

they're a very good side and I want them to finish as high as possible.
that means we'd be Champions if they finished 2nd

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
wasn't it last year at this point they were 8-9 points above us,
then later we celebrated St Totteringham's in April?

they're a very good side and I want them to finish as high as possible.
that means we'd be Champions if they finished 2nd

Yeah, Christmas is gone, there's no reason for still being drunk.

Malky

Established Member
Will Pochettino even be there next season? With the managerial merry go round this summer, will he be offered the chance at a big club? Losing Pochettino and Kane in one summer would send them back down to mid table.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom