• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Synical

Miss Superstitious

We know he really believes in his way of playing and doesn't want to spend too much time studying the opposition. But surely no manager at this level can be that naive?

We are not privy to what goes on at their training ground. So maybe he does do a lot of work on the opposition?

Step forward Eric Dier. Someone who was there and he had this to say:

Speaking to Sky Bet, the 30-year-old said, "No, interestingly [Postecoglou] really doesn’t do any tactical work, what he does is, every single training drill from Monday to Friday is drawn up to represent the way that he wants to play.

"Conte, I could do it blind, but that was a lot of tactical work Monday to Friday, a lot of ten versus zero, walkthroughs – you were so well drilled, it would be ingrained in you."

Can't see why Dier would lie about this. So ange really doesn't do any analysis on the opposition. All the training is geared to how he wants to play. That is unbelievable if true.
Yes, I watched that interview. Astonishing

Tbh a lot of things people do astonish me. I don't know why I was so surprised. I suppose when you get to elite level sports or whatever the subject is, you expect people to be different. But no: there are people walking around somehow getting to high positions in life even though they're dumb/doing dumb things. This kind of luck needs to be studied

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'll be rooting for them tbh. I need them to have as much belief and confidence as they can muster heading into the City.

I don't even question their professionalism. It's whether they'll be down and out and totally beaten mentally by the tumethey play City. Hopefully villa have a poor result by then and give Sp**s a sliver of hope.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Never seen a fanbase cry this much over a decision that ultimately went in their favor.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I'll be rooting for them tbh. I need them to have as much belief and confidence as they can muster heading into the City.

I don't even question their professionalism. It's whether they'll be down and out and totally beaten mentally by the tumethey play City. Hopefully villa have a poor result by then and give Sp**s a sliver of hope.
If Sp**s win their games in hand they'll only be one point behind Villa so they should have everything to play for regardless of Villa's results. Hopefully Sp**s win their next 3 games going into City.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They won’t beat City, not after what I’ve seen in the NLD.

Sp**s are poor, and they cope with this by looking at statistics, particularly against us recently.

Looking at the numbers you’d think that they absolutely dominated us. Their fans say they did dominate because they held the ball for long spells against us, and pinned us back in our half and the numbers show this.

The reality is, they could not create a single clear cut chance for most of the game. Their goals, including the offside goal were from ricochets, penalties and misplaced passes. They had no answer to how we set up and that is a sign of a poor, or a side that needs a lot of work still.

Why did they have so much possession? Well because the game was over at 38 minutes, and had Raya not let them back in, it would have ended 3-0, maybe more, as they could not break our lines.

City won’t be as poor as us from open play. They’ll score from set pieces and open play and the score could be 5-0 by halftime.

Going forward, let’s see how Ange adapts them to play differently and manage games better. I’m not as confident he’ll be able to lift them up to the title challenging level anymore.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Weird how a lot of the media are going in with kid gloves on Ange

''He'll learn'' ''First season in the PL'' etc.

The guys 58 years old, if he hasn't learned by now that you have to coach set pieces or generally try to tactically nullify the opposition, he's never going to.

No offence, but you can get away with that stuff if you're a good man manager in Australia or Scotland but it's not going to fly in a major European League.

@A_G another one of my predictions. He'll be gone by the end of next season.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s are poor, and they cope with this by looking at statistics, particularly against us recently.

Looking at the numbers you’d think that they absolutely dominated us. Their fans say they did dominate because they held the ball for long spells against us, and pinned us back in our half and the numbers show this.

The reality is, they could not create a single clear cut chance for most of the game. Their goals, including the offside goal was from ricochets, penalties and misplaced passes. They had no answer to how we set up and that is a sign of a poor, or a side that needs a lot of work still.

Why did they have so much possession? Well because the game was over at 38 minutes, and had Raya not let them back in, it would have ended 3-0, maybe more, as they could not break our lines.

City won’t be as poor as us from open play. They’ll score from set pieces and open play and the score could be 5-0 by halftime.

Going forward, let’s see how Ange adapts them to play differently and manage games better. I’m not as confident he’ll be able to lift them up to the title challenging level anymore.

You just have to look at their pathetic attack.

Son seems to have given up. Werner's even worse than he was at Chelsea (if such a thing were ever possible) & asking a Kindergartner like Brennan Johnson to step up to an adult league is a bridge too far.

We'll just have to hope Romero's more clinical against City than he was against us.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Agree!

I think they can beat Chelsea, no problem

Synical

Miss Superstitious

The reality is, they could not create a single clear cut chance for most of the game. Their goals, including the offside goal was from ricochets, penalties and misplaced passes. They had no answer to how we set up and that is a sign of a poor, or a side that needs a lot of work still.

You're actually right
Antonio has promised West Ham will beat City. I'll pin my hopes there instead.

Now I can laugh at Sp**s in peace if they get battered tonight

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Spoken like a manager swirling the relegation zone of Premier Leage managerial "sexiness".

View attachment 24004

I am sick and tired of men being constantly objectified like this, demand someone ranks all the Prem managers in the Ladies league now!

Spoiler...doubt Emma Hayes even makes the top 20 in it, even with only 12 teams in that league and some of the coaches being men too.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I am sick and tired of men being constantly objectified like this, demand someone ranks all the Prem managers in the Ladies league now!

Spoiler...doubt Emma Hayes even makes the top 20 in it, even with only 12 teams in that league and some of the coaches being men too.
Yeah but she'd be a blue ribbon sow at most county fairs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not counting the League Cup (as it's pointless, tbh) trophies for London clubs since the Prem began in 1992...

Chelsea - 18
Arsenal - 13
West Ham - 1
Sp**s - 0

...LOL 🤣 🤣 🤣

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom