• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
You gotta hand it to Sp**s. The guy has been managing for 30 years but within a season they have managed to give him his worst experience as a manager.

Mourinho in his decades old career has won at least a trophy with every club he has managed...except Sp**s.

This is a special club indeed.

Let's play Aubamawang

Makes you wonder how they'll feel when they scare their "saviour" Big Ange out of the club.

Although they'll probably just blame him leaving for their mediocrity rather than themselves.

Melquiades

Feel sorry for Ange actually. This seems to have really shocked him.

And fair play for the integrity he's shown in handling this, unlike everyone else around that cesspool of a team.

The funniest bit was that muppet Son - who cries for the cameras about literally everything - laughing and joking with Pep after he's pissed away what was probably his last chance to play Champions League football and actually has a real excuse to cry for one of the first times in his career. Shows what sort of character he actually has.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Makes you wonder how they'll feel when they scare their "saviour" Big Ange out of the club.

Although they'll probably just blame him leaving for their mediocrity rather than themselves.
It's always everyone else's fault. Serial winners like Mourinho and Conte go there and flame out and it's somehow not a Tottenham problem.

Batman

Are you crazy? You want UTD to be back or what? Ange is an elite coach, not his fault he has trash fullbacks
He's almost 60 and Tottenham are his first "big" job. If he's an elite coach then he's the Billy Madison of elite coaches.

Xln

I rAtE aNgE !
He's almost 60 and Tottenham are his first "big" job. If he's an elite coach then he's the Billy Madison of elite coaches.
He's coaching a bunch of bvms in that squad. Give him money this summer and you will see what he will do.

Batman

He's coaching a bunch of bvms in that squad. Give him money this summer and you will see what he will do.
Nothing because again, he's done nothing in a proper league and he's already almost 60. He's got like 6-7 years left in his career and hasn't shown anything at the top level. Football has more managerial turnover in the modern era than it ever has. If this man was a top manager, he would not have made it to 58 with the SPL as his biggest job. If you show any kind of elite managerial potential, clubs are bending over backwards trying to hire you in your 30's or 40s. This is why Nagelsmann, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Arteta, Amorim etc. have all been hired or pursued by at minimum PL standard clubs if not truly elite ones by their early 40s.

He wasn't even Tottenham's first choice, they were turned down by numerous other managers with experience in proper leagues. Where is he getting the money from by the way? Levy is as tight as it gets and they've now got a 2nd season of no CL football because his Captain missed a sitter, possibly on purpose. No sir, he made his first tactical change in the 37th match of the season and now they are in no position to attract proper player because they have no CL football and no player worth their salt is going to sign up to play for a club whose fans are Arsenal voyeurs before they're Tottenham supporters.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Are you crazy? You want UTD to be back or what? Ange is an elite coach, not his fault he has trash fullbacks

He is a good manager, but we need to see more from him to show that he is anything more than good. The game moves so fast that you have to evolve as quickly to stay at the top.

Look at Klopp as an example, with Liverpool really had 2-3 years at the very elite level, before becoming less impactful and teams finding ways to compete and beat Liverpool.

I sense the same with Ange. Will improve Sp**s yes, but to what level? Will Sp**s become strong enough to become the main competitor to City, ahead of Arsenal, Liverpool, possibly a returning Chelsea as well? I’m not so sure.

I do maintain though, Ange will be the best manager they’ve had in years.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
Nothing because again, he's done nothing in a proper league and he's already almost 60. He's got like 6-7 years left in his career and hasn't shown anything at the top level. Football has more managerial turnover in the modern era than it ever has. If this man was a top manager, he would not have made it to 58 with the SPL as his biggest job. If you show any kind of elite managerial potential, clubs are bending over backwards trying to hire you in your 30's or 40s. This is why Nagelsmann, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Arteta, Amorim etc. have all been hired or pursued by at minimum PL standard clubs if not truly elite ones by their early 40s.

He wasn't even Tottenham's first choice, they were turned down by numerous other managers with experience in proper leagues. Where is he getting the money from by the way? Levy is as tight as it gets and they've now got a 2nd season of no CL football because his Captain missed a sitter, possibly on purpose. No sir, he made his first tactical change in the 37th match of the season and now they are in no position to attract proper player because they have no CL football and no player worth their salt is going to sign up to play for a club whose fans are Arsenal voyeurs before they're Tottenham supporters.

In fairness, landing jobs as a manager (or player, really) in football is often a case of who you know and not your actual ability. Being a dude from Australia is going to handicap you severely as you're completely cut off from the rest of the world in the ways coaches usually climb up the ranks. There was no "organic" way for him to meet and impress people in big clubs day to day in Australia, which is like 95% of how you advance your career in this field.

There is simply no pipeline for Australians (coaches especially) to get into European football. Same goes for many African coaches and countries that generally don't speak/learn English, French, Portuguese or Spanish. It's a mix of stigma and basic logistical problems.

I don't even know how you'd go about breaking into European football as an early 30s Australian coach. You probably don't have the means to uproot your life and go to Europe for that sole purpose, and the accolades you do achieve in Australia aren't seen as anything serious or worth caring about for European clubs as it's "not the top level" as you said.

Not a comment on how well he's done, but I just don't like this "where was he at X age?" approach when the playing field is so skewed.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
In fairness, landing jobs as a manager (or player, really) in football is often a case of who you know and not your actual ability. Being a dude from Australia is going to handicap you severely as you're completely cut off from the rest of the world in the ways coaches usually climb up the ranks. There was no "organic" way for him to meet and impress people in big clubs day to day in Australia, which is like 95% of how you advance your career in this field.

There is simply no pipeline for Australians (coaches especially) to get into European football. Same goes for many African coaches and countries that generally don't speak/learn English, French, Portuguese or Spanish. It's a mix of stigma and basic logistical problems.

I don't even know how you'd go about breaking into European football as an early 30s Australian coach. You probably don't have the means to uproot your life and go to Europe for that sole purpose, and the accolades you do achieve in Australia aren't seen as anything serious or worth caring about for European clubs as it's "not the top level" as you said.

Not a comment on how well he's done, but I just don't like this "where was he at X age?" approach when the playing field is so skewed.
Been trying to make this point multiple times but possibly you make it more eloquently. Without the connections (i.e. never played overseas), he has had to be successful (i.e. win trophies) at every club he has been at to make the next step. He couldnt even get a job in the A league initially, but then revolutionised it. He was the first Australian coach given an oppportunity in Japan (so its no just europe that have these biases) and because of the success he had playing his style with a smaller, unsuccessful club, 4 additional Australian managers have since been given an opportunity as j league managers. There is nothing different about these Australian managers who got the opportunities compared to the Australian managers prior to Ange, it just perception.

Football as a whole is not very intelligent in its outlook, its based on perception, geography and personal networks. How the **** does Gary Neville get the Valencia job otherwise.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He is a good manager, but we need to see more from him to show that he is anything more than good. The game moves so fast that you have to evolve as quickly to stay at the top.

Look at Klopp as an example, with Liverpool really had 2-3 years at the very elite level, before becoming less impactful and teams finding ways to compete and beat Liverpool.

I sense the same with Ange. Will improve Sp**s yes, but to what level? Will Sp**s become strong enough to become the main competitor to City, ahead of Arsenal, Liverpool, possibly a returning Chelsea as well? I’m not so sure.

I do maintain though, Ange will be the best manager they’ve had in years.
@SA Gunner, I thought the way he set up the team against 115 was promising. There were definitely some tactical tweaks he made that worked well; i thought they were less open than they have been for most of the season but still created a number of opportunities.

One of the big differences in being less exposed was Betancur in the midfield. He had his best game since his injury and had a big contribution to why they passed the ball effectively (and hence not exposed). They have generally been using midfielders who are athletic but not at the level of Betancur technically. They really need that athleticism with an increased technical level, however, those players dont grow on trees.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@SA Gunner, I thought the way he set up the team against 115 was promising. There were definitely some tactical tweaks he made that worked well; i thought they were less open than they have been for most of the season but still created a number of opportunities.

One of the big differences in being less exposed was Betancur in the midfield. He had his best game since his injury and had a big contribution to why they passed the ball effectively (and hence not exposed). They have generally been using midfielders who are athletic but not at the level of Betancur technically. They really need that athleticism with an increased technical level, however, those players dont grow on trees.

Yeah, I noticed their 3-2 build up shape against City. That was a good adjustment to make, from their usual 2-3 which leaves them exposed behind their flanks more.

I've said from the time I saw Ange's game that he is a good manager. Sets his team up well and looks to take advantage of space using verticality and quick combination play through opposition lines. Add a high press to that and you have ingredients for a very effective team.

What's Ange's challenge? Well its that most top teams have the same ideas and look to dominate opposition in similar ways. The question is how much more can Ange adapt Sp**s, to take them clear of Arsenal, Liverpool, possibly Chelsea and United later on as well. This is why I dont think Ange will win the league in England, I think he stands a better chance in the cup competitions, including the Champions League.

But Ill say again... good manager, the best Sp**s will have when its all said and done.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

He's a bit too Bielsa-esque for me, to be a top coach...so will never be too worried about him, especially given his age.

United could do with someone who will at least give them an actual playing style, they are one of the worst teams to watch in the league... that's why they need Ange and something he can definitely do.

United right now don't need to worry about winning, they literally need to be trained to just play football ffs :lol:

Batman

Jesse Marsch and David Wagner landed PL jobs before he was offered one. He was also Australia'a national team coach for years. There were eyes on him. He wasn't in Timbuktu. He's just not that special. 😂

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Top Bottom