• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Debuchy: Still Here Guys

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
Re: Matthew Debuchy - Official

Smart signing. He's a good player, we'll get 3 top years out of him and by then Jenks will be ready to take over. COYG.

Iceman10

Established Member

rich 1990 said:
Problem is at Newcastle he thought he was still in France. Will have no such problems here.

Pardew has a lot to answer for, he publicly made a big deal of how he was making the French contingent speak English in training but evidently that doesn't seem to have been enforced much.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Arsène just said in interview that Jenko will compete with Debuchy for the right back position that's mean we can rule out Manquillo signing.

a_fourteen

Established Member

yousif_arsenal said:
Arsène just said in interview that Jenko will compete with Debuchy for the right back position that's mean we can rule out Manquillo signing.
Go on Carlo, smash him!
#TeamCarlo

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Crooner said:
Great stuff, Ospina, a centreback and a midfielder next!

Yep this! All that sorted out and this'll be our best summer in years.

I'd say get all that done and we'll have done the business out of any PL side.

As for Matthieu (not Matthew :lol: ), I think he improves us from an attacking sense at right back and he seems pretty solid for France and was excellent for Lille before that too. Also regarded as Newcastle's best defender (which isn't hard tbh). Solid signing.

cannonade

Established Member

Get in, Mathieu. Good luck with your new club and enjoy reuniting with your French mates.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Welcome Debuchy, personally Im happy with this signing.

yousif_arsenal said:
12M for Debuchy 30M for Sanchez = 42M - 17M profit from Cesc and Vela = 25M has been spent from the transfer budget not bad business from us.

we still have at least 50M to spend in my opinion so we can bring 1 more quality signing.

Quality business so far if true. My July 31 deadline totally blown out the water.

If we can get in a GK, CB, CDM, Id be over the moon. Lets not even talk about what I could do if we signed a quality CF.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

On paper we upgraded French No2 RB to the French No 1RB.

Good business not great but I dont thinkthere are any great RBs out there at present just lots of average steady above average and good.

Proof

Established Member
It's not even August and we already signed two quality players. Well done Wenger and welcome to Arsenal, Mathieu Debuchy!

FinnGooner

Established Member
Welcome Mathieu! I'm quite comfortable with him joining. Seems like a top pro.

I think this makes sense, considering Wenger's philosophy. Wenger probably wanted Sagna to stay for two more years and thus give Jenks or Bellerin something to work on knowing the starting position would be there for taking pretty soon. Now that Sagna left, Wenger basically replaced that two year gap with seasoned professional, still keeping the young guys motivated because their situation stayed bascally the same. We all know these "it would kill him" arguments Wenger used in the past to justify the lack of investment. Even now that we do invest I think Wenger still feels that the best possible way to develop youth is to give them something to work for, to keep them motivated to do their bit part 100% every day.

qs

Established Member

bingobob said:

In reality we replaced a very solid right back with an utter liability and spent £12m in the process.

a_fourteen

Established Member
darkgunner said:
Wenger probably signed him to get revenge on Sagna by keeping him out of the French national team.
clint-wenger1.jpg

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Outside of Arsenal Mania (and QS) there has been a pretty mixed reaction to his signing

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

qs said:
bingobob said:

In reality we replaced a very solid right back with an utter liability and spent £12m in the process.

This is what I fear, never thought much of Debuchy, but I haven't watched him that much either so I hope he'll prove to be good enough.

Not many decent RB's on the market tbf, can't think of any other players we should have rather gone for.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom