• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Flamini - Officially an AC Milan Player

kym7224

£144,000 a week??

Is Flam smell some drugs? I can't believe it honestly.

Maybe Daily mail saying crap or he is something wrong.

kym7224

no matter how our wage structure is, we can't pay Flam 144K/week.

If he wants that kind of money then go Milan, Byebye son.

lee1001

Established Member
For the record if there is any truth in this (although i highly doubt it) then he can take a running jump.

Who does he think he is? Before this season he was a squad backup player and because of one good season he thinks he can hold us to ransom? **** him! We can replace him easily. Defensive midfielders grow on trees.

JazzG

Established Member
At AC Milan he will get a nice signing on fee as well and there is no way we can match something like that. It wouldn't surprise me. If they pay him £75k a week and give him a £3.5mill signing on fee that would bring him close to this £7.5mill figure they are saying. He won't get that much for every season he is at Milan but possibly in his first year. He had two storming matches against them and he is coming in on a free transfer so the wages will be heavily inflated.

Are the Daily Mail reliable? They aren't for political issues I can say that much ;) But so far this season they have usually come out with reliable team news for us when they break something a day or two early and some of the stuff they have said about us has been reliable.

Guillermo

JazzG said:
At AC Milan he will get a nice signing on fee as well and there is no way we can match something like that. It wouldn't surprise me. If they pay him £75k a week and give him a £3.5mill signing on fee that would bring him close to this £7.5mill figure they are saying. He won't get that much for every season he is at Milan but possibly in his first year. He had two storming matches against them and he is coming in on a free transfer so the wages will be heavily inflated.

Are the Daily Mail reliable? They aren't for political issues I can say that much ;) But so far this season they have usually come out with reliable team news for us when they break something a day or two early and some of the stuff they have said about us has been reliable.
I suppose when you add the worth of the signing-on fee, the weekly figure of £140k could well be true.

As I understand we've offered him roughly £50k a week. Surely offering a signing-in fee would represent better value for money for us, than having to stump up transfer fees for a new centre-mid?

Hopefully the promise of first-team football with us, as well as the fact that he is settled in London and, perhaps, the promise of CL football at Arsenal would compensate for the slightly reduced weekly wage.

Long Time Gooner

Guillermo said:
JazzG said:

I suppose when you add the worth of the signing-on fee, the weekly figure of £140k could well be true.

As I understand we've offered him roughly £50k a week. Surely offering a signing-in fee would represent better value for money for us, than having to stump up transfer fees for a new centre-mid?

Hopefully the promise of first-team football with us, as well as the fact that he is settled in London and, perhaps, the promise of CL football at Arsenal would compensate for the slightly reduced weekly wage.
Slightly reduced!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind receiving the weekly difference for even a short while.

IBL

Established Member
kym7224 said:
£144,000 a week??

Is Flam smell some drugs? I can't believe it honestly.

Maybe Daily mail saying crap or he is something wrong.
It's the Daily Mail, bullsh*t is what they're renound for. Does Flamini suddenly think that he's the best midfielder in the world to demand such wages? I doubt it

My heart says he'll stay but head says he's gone. I've already mentally prepared myself for him not being here next season. A real shame if he goes but he's not irreplacable.

Guillermo

Long Time Gooner said:
Guillermo said:
JazzG said:

Slightly reduced!!!!!!

Yes, slightly reduced.

If we offer him a deal worth £55k a week in addition to a £3m signing-on fee, it'd be slightly less than that suggested Milan offer (that's if, of course, that speculated £140k includes the signing-on fee).

I'm not sure I agree with giving Flamini the lump sum, but it would be cheaper than forking out, say, £15m on Gareth Barry (who would also demand a signing-on fee as well as a hefty wage package).

Gazza Martinez

Established Member

Guillermo

Gazza Martinez said:
Guillermo said:
Gazza Martinez said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=563587&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Daily Mail said:
The French midfielder has made the astonishing demand for a deal worth £7.5million-a-year - around £144,000 a week - because he has a similar offer on the table from AC Milan.

Get to f**k! :shock:
It's obviously bollocks.

Your avatar sums up what Flams is trying to do to us. ;)
Heh, but it would look like a Jack Russell humping a doberman. :)

KY

Established Member
144k a week for 4 years.... that could buy any world class player AND pay the wages to replace him. If it's true, i say FLAMS OUT!!!

go49oner

Established Member
KY said:
144k a week for 4 years.... that could buy any world class player AND pay the wages to replace him. If it's true, i say FLAMS OUT!!!

Take look at the source. it the ****ing Dail Mail. I don't think even Ronaldo can demand that much.

Long Time Gooner

Guillermo said:
Long Time Gooner said:
Guillermo said:
JazzG said:

Slightly reduced!!!!!!

Yes, slightly reduced.

If we offer him a deal worth £55k a week in addition to a £3m signing-on fee, it'd be slightly less than that suggested Milan offer (that's if, of course, that speculated £140k includes the signing-on fee).

I'm not sure I agree with giving Flamini the lump sum, but it would be cheaper than forking out, say, £15m on Gareth Barry (who would also demand a signing-on fee as well as a hefty wage package).
Whichever way you describe it that's an insane amount of money particularly for someone at Flamini's level.

Juicy

Everyone is going crazy because of a ****ty Daily Mail article. Anyone can write anything in a newspaper (as long as it isn't slanderous). Please don't believe this. They have pulled £144,000 a weak right out of arse.

KY

Established Member
heh heh. even tabloids can't exactly risk printing nonsense with no source can they? i mean they could get sued for libel or something... or is the brit legal system so screwed up?

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom