• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Realista

Can Arteta even overtake 16/17 Sp**s points tally this season?

It's as simple, if we don't win a major silverware (UCL/EPL) by summer 2025, then we move on from him.

Arteta questioned himself after last season's collapse, how will he question himself if we don't win anything this season or next season?
I keep saying Arteta is not a bad manager but has big failures he doesn't fix on his managing. Marketing is selling something he is not. Xabi Alonso is the real young prodigy manager they told us Arteta is. The guy literally did what Arteta is trying in one year, he didn't need the supposed "process".

So if Xabi Alonso is not available this summer but the 2025 summer then is the moment I get rid of this bottler and I go all for him.

El Realista

Objectively, this was still a pretty good season for Arteta and the team expectations-wise.

There were a lot of enjoyable moments as well, but still, once again he failed to squeeze that extra 1% needed to get above the finish line when it mattered. This is the third season in a row it happened.

Three main gripes I still have with him are:

- His football looks like an AI simulation. You need direct play to get things over the line in the CL - hence why Klopp's Liverpool got to the final in their first year coming back, despite conceding a comical amount of goals they were always a threat.

- His lack of faith in his bench after five years in the club is appaling. All those discussions this autumn about how he should rotate or try to integrate some youngsters to at least come instead of key players when we're trashing Lens 5-0 are even more relevant now.

- Bottled this window with Kai Havertz. I don't get it - you have a job to replace Xhaka with a natural LCM to take some weight out of Ode and you do that... You do that and sorry, to me you're not a serious club.

But let's see what the summer brings. I'd still give him a big window, as good outweigh the bad so far.
Watch Leverkusen, Xabi Alonso constantly rotated and had faith in the whole squad. Literally they had a lot of injuries and they keep winning. He adapted to his players. And his game is super dynamic and not lethargic. He is what I wish Arteta was and not a cheap Pep copypaste. I hate Peps football style and we have his cheap clone. I have seen some Leverkusen goals so beautiful that remembered me Wenger's golden age goals. Modern football is ugly but Leverkusen is breaking that and I hope Xabi stops what Pep did with our sport.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

It's as simple, if we don't win a major silverware (UCL/EPL) by summer 2025, then we move on from him.

Arteta questioned himself after last season's collapse, how will he question himself if we don't win anything this season or next season?
The article is moronic because

A) Jamie Carragher has no clue how to win a league
B) Arteta won a trophy in his first few months, Potch won nothing
C) It's quite clearly just meant to wind up Arsenal supporters and get clicks

By all means, let's criticize the guy for his shortcomings but it's deliberately inflammatory and stupid to compare him to a trophyless project when he's already won one and inarguably come far closer to challenging for the title than Potch did with more difference makers in his squad. The 2 crowning moments of the Potch era were "putting the pressure on" Leicester all season and then bottling second place to us and not being able win a CL Final (after 7 Hag gifted them passage) against a Liverpool who saved their worst performance of the season for that match.

El Realista

The article is moronic because

A) Jamie Carragher has no clue how to win a league
B) Arteta won a trophy in his first few months, Potch won nothing
C) It's quite clearly just meant to wind up Arsenal supporters and get clicks

By all means, let's criticize the guy for his shortcomings but it's deliberately inflammatory and stupid to compare him to a trophyless project when he's already won one and inarguably come far closer to challenging for the title than Potch did with more difference makers in his squad. The 2 crowning moments of the Potch era were "putting the pressure on" Leicester all season and then bottling second place to us and not being able win a CL Final (after 7 Hag gifted them passage) against a Liverpool who saved their worst performance of the season for that match.
Ironic the only thing he won was with the squad he didn't build. The team he didn't coach.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ironic the only thing he won was with the squad he didn't build. The team he didn't coach.
So he wasn't on the touchline managing when we won the FA Cup? This is what I'm talking about. There's valid criticism and then there's stupidity. Pep didn't build that Barca team he won everything with, nor did he build the Bayern Munich team he won with and he also inherited a World Class City squad. Mourinho didn't build the 04-05 Chelsea team. Nobody else was winning with the squad Arteta won that FA Cup with, that's why he was the 3rd manager in 2 years. There are plenty of things we can criticize the guy for without being petty and ridiculous. What's an actual fact is that he's already won more than Potch did with the **** and the only trophies Potch has are with an already assembled PSG team playing in a farmer's league. Carragher is a ***** and anyone giving air to his opinions on winning a competition he never got close to winning is one too.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
They binned him because they were broke af at the time and Chelsea came knocking with a 20m offer for a player they got for free
Xavi said multiply times he wanted Auba to stay
It was 10m, which is hardly the kind of fundraising that makes a difference if the manager actually wants to keep the player...and particularly considering they were trying to get rid of him for a while before he went to Chelsea

lomekian

Essays are my thing
6 games left, 2 points off the top of the league with better goal difference and this place on bloody postmortems and **** watch.

More bollocks at a conference of Eunuchs....

lomekian

Essays are my thing
So in 1/2 a season and a change of system, formation and approach he didn't do any coaching (despite the players all singing his praises...)

This is just pathetic.

Unless of course you think winning the odd cup but competing for the conference league is better than being in a title race every year...

As for that scouse prick's 'article', Sp**s won F-all and had 1 title challenge in Poch's time, which they managed to bottle so badly they finished 3rd in a 2 horse race.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
They challenged the following season too.
Sp**s were very very good that season, but their best (incredibly impressive) run was after the title was pretty much settled. The gap was as low as 4 points for a few days at the start of April when Chelsea games in hand, but Chelsea were well clear for most of the season after Xmas.

The last time Sp**s got as close to the title as we did last year was 1967.

fute

With Arteta we look one way as a team, but then when we really want to advance or make the next step we unravel and forget how to play. We look like a totally different team.

We put up alot of points this year. Great goal differential, but against porto it is nowhere to be found. Same with Bayern. Villa no points this past weekend. The weird thing about it is that it is not surprising. There is a trend, a pattern with Arteta.

It goes beyond trophies. It is how you lose and when you lose. The how and when you lose has been Arteta's achilles heal.

He can potentially change this all of this with the way we play during these final matches.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Last 3 season in April we had a streak of 3 winless games in each season. Something seem to happen to his team by the business end of the season where they just falter away. Is 3 season in row coincidence or pattern that he and his team can’t deal with pressure?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Sp**s were very very good that season, but their best (incredibly impressive) run was after the title was pretty much settled. The gap was as low as 4 points for a few days at the start of April when Chelsea games in hand, but Chelsea were well clear for most of the season after Xmas.

The last time Sp**s got as close to the title as we did last year was 1967.
If they’d beaten West Ham they would’ve been 1 point off with three games left:
IMG_2922.jpeg

Same situation as us last season after we beat Newcastle

GoonerJay24

Watch Leverkusen, Xabi Alonso constantly rotated and had faith in the whole squad. Literally they had a lot of injuries and they keep winning. He adapted to his players. And his game is super dynamic and not lethargic. He is what I wish Arteta was and not a cheap Pep copypaste. I hate Peps football style and we have his cheap clone. I have seen some Leverkusen goals so beautiful that remembered me Wenger's golden age goals. Modern football is ugly but Leverkusen is breaking that and I hope Xabi stops what Pep did with our sport.

It's not Pep, but other coaches copying him that's ruining the game. Football is very simple; but many coaches and fans overthink things.

GoonerJay24

Tbh, Arteta did win the FA Cup in his first season; I know that was before this project or the reset,but still more than Poch.

In terms of the respective overrall projects, when you consider money spent; Tottenhams was better so far. Sickens admitting that, but it's true.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Please could you go back through the timeline to when City started spending. How long did it take for them to assert this kind of dominance? And how much money?
Iirc, they started spending in 2008 and won the PL in 2011. The CL is another conversation but they've won the FA Cup and the League Cup.

fute

Xabi has great composure. He exudes confidence and the players follow suit.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Last 3 season in April we had a streak of 3 winless games in each season. Something seem to happen to his team by the business end of the season where they just falter away. Is 3 season in row coincidence or pattern that he and his team can’t deal with pressure?
I think its more lack of rotation & injuries leading to too much load on our best players.

The last 3 games our best players - Saka, Ode, Rice, Saliba, White have all looked gassed on 60-70 mins.

We also have the wierd mix of being fairly lucky with injuries to our core guys, but really unlucky as to rotation options getting injured when we need them or there are chances to rotate. Our squad now should be fantastic considering who is 'in training', but when you look closer you've got Timber, Partey, Tomi, Vieira and to an extent ESR all lacking match fitness, and Zinny, Saka, Jorginho, Martinell all unable to last 90 mins for various reasons, so it puts a lot of pressure on the guys who are pillars who are fit and leaves you having to decide whether its better to stick with struggling stars or inadequate back ups.

This is partly on Arteta, and partly on timing. Reflects a need for better rotation options in the attacking third, and replacing some of the guys who just can't stay fit.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think its more lack of rotation & injuries leading to too much load on our best players.

The last 3 games our best players - Saka, Ode, Rice, Saliba, White have all looked gassed on 60-70 mins.

We also have the wierd mix of being fairly lucky with injuries to our core guys, but really unlucky as to rotation options getting injured when we need them or there are chances to rotate. Our squad now should be fantastic considering who is 'in training', but when you look closer you've got Timber, Partey, Tomi, Vieira and to an extent ESR all lacking match fitness, and Zinny, Saka, Jorginho, Martinell all unable to last 90 mins for various reasons, so it puts a lot of pressure on the guys who are pillars who are fit and leaves you having to decide whether its better to stick with struggling stars or inadequate back ups.

This is partly on Arteta, and partly on timing. Reflects a need for better rotation options in the attacking third, and replacing some of the guys who just can't stay fit.
I was going to post similar on the subject of injuries. Where I think Arteta might have done better is for example sticking with Kiwi and playing Zinny at left 8. I'd also have liked to see ACD (and others) promoted and given minutes in one of the games that we won easily and I've no idea why Partey didn't start the CL match. There are a few little things that could have been done that might have made a difference. Now in other threads, there are calls for him to be brave and mix things up when he simply can't afford to do so or maybe he can't afford not to....

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom