• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Calling Arteta "not a good coach" is dumb. We don't know how good his ceiling is, and there are holes in his coaching for me (squad building and management still has questions marks).

How anyone could watch us moving from a high press in to a deep block with such organisation and fluidity, all in a run where we scored goals for fun with pre-ordained flop, Kai Havertz leading the line, well a bad coach can't achieve it.

He for sure has shortcomings, and I'm not sure if he can get us over the line yet, but I think we've really evolved as a team.

I was livid these past couple of games, and I think he's made mistakes, and I am not sure I love his character, but a poor coach? Come on now.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Excellent post, as usual.
Let me just say someting about this one thing that you have mentioned, the one people use to dismiss Arteta, "he won FA cup with Wenger's and Emery's players".
This argument is pure stupidity.
I have never heard this argument against any other manager elsewhere, only here (on Arsenal Mania) and only against Arteta.
Which is telling.
And this BS keeps popping up here.

First, for me this is an argument pro Arteta, because it shows that Arteta knew how to adapt to players he inherited from Wenger and Emery, and he lifted the trophy, FA cup.

Second, shall we apply this argument against any other succesful manager?
You already mentioned Pep and Rijkaard at Barca.

What about Mourinho and his trophies?
He never stayed in one club longer than 3 years, therefore he won all his trophies with some players he inherited.
Shall we discount them all?

What about Ancelotti?
Apart from AC Milan, he was also journeyman. Shall we also discount trophies he won after AC Milan, all of them with many players he inherited?

What about Wenger (God forbid, ) and backline he inherited in Arsenal?
Seaman, Winterburn, Adams, Bould, Keown, Dixon
Shall we discount FA cup and title 1997/98, because Wenger inherited players from previous managers?

Further point about "bottling" trophy.
Regarding Ancelotti and his stint in AC Milan, I (as AC Milan supporter) could say that he was bottler because he won only 1 scudetto in 7 and a half seasons he spent there as manager.
You remember players he had at AC Milan (Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Cafu, Pirlo, Kaka, Sheva, Seedorf, Rui Costa)?
How many world class players he had there?

And yet in 7.5 years he spent there he won only 1 scudetto.
And what about UCL final 2005., against Liverpool?
Isn't this final pure definition of bottling?
And Ancelotti was much more experienced then than is Arteta now.
I remember, I was so furious then.
Anyway, I would never call Ancelotti bottler, but one of the biggest and most successful managers ever.

And Arsenal Mania told me that Arteta bottled UCL, because Arsenal went out in QF after 6 years of absence.

Therefore, be careful before you call anybody a bottler.

You know what's also even funnier

I've read more than a few times people criticise Arteta for being a system manager and needing "his" players to be successful (something I don't even have a problem with), but then you read the very next post saying that he won the FA Cup with another manager's players and that this is also to be criticised.

Manager needs his own players? Bad. Manager doesn't need his own players? Bad

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
And then not to play them?
How is this protecting asset value?

Asset value is determined by contract length, perceived quality, injury proneness and a few other factors. You control what you can.

Nketiah, for e.g., is worth a lot more 4 years in contract than 1 year in contract.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Happy The Rock GIF

It's on biieeeeches!

Legend14

Established Member
Jesus taken out, Martinelli in, Havertz back to 9, Rice back to 8 and we looked better balanced with threats.

Raya has a deep outlet in Havertz and Rice can run at them and is generally free to wreak havoc on their end.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jorginho should be able to play every game now, as he was fully rested today and we have no more midweek games after Chelsea and we have a good gap to Sp**s after that...if we can get through Chelsea with a win, we have a chance (probably will need City to not beat Brighton to have any hope)

He pretty much is just working week to week between games now, so the squad should be fresh with only 5 games left...still don't trust us, but you never know.

Despite the depression he has brought me, I would still love him to win the league 😅

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i hope he tell his players to not shot ball like they scared of it from now on i know we lost a game before today but shouldn't make you miss easy chances.

all he need to now work with them mental aspect of game

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom