• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Realista

Impossible surely because the system isn’t good
Stop crying, you are even accepting I was right about everything, about GJ sucks and Zinchenko is a liability. We don't even need that inverted shiiit when Partey and Rice play together. The most simple football we play, the better we look. Havertz not playing in the middle, city trash out the 11 start and Rice not as 5... Exactly what I been saying the whole season!

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Stop crying, you are even accepting I was right about everything, about GJ sucks and Zinchenko is a liability. We don't even need that inverted shiiit when Partey and Rice play together. The most simple football we play, the better we look. Havertz not playing in the middle, city trash out the 11 start and Rice not as 5... Exactly what I been saying the whole season!

Tomiyasu inverted today.

You can admit you were incorrect we have all been there .

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Jesus and Havertz can't play together unless Jesus is on the wing and even then, he's knees are a bit worrying.

At least not with the personnel we have right now and with Gabriels fitness being what it currently is.

If he were fit I would even go as far as putting Jesus in midfield and not Kai, similar to what we saw with trossard.

Think Arteta should just roll with what we have going and at m ost get Partey in there like he did today.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Arteta had us well set up and motivated. Substitutions were pretty timely. Knit picking I'd maybe have liked to see Saka come off 10 minutes or so earlier.

The Partey decision worked pretty well.

Overall when you beat Chelsea 5-0 there aren't going to be any serious complaints.

I like the fact we're in a situation now with the games being weekly we don't really need to worry about rotation too much.

Beat Sp**s and I think we might do it tbh 🤞

LookingForEric

Arteta had us well set up and motivated. Substitutions were pretty timely. Knit picking I'd maybe have liked to see Saka come off 10 minutes or so earlier.

The Partey decision worked pretty well.

Overall when you beat Chelsea 5-0 there aren't going to be any serious complaints.

I like the fact we're in a situation now with the games being weekly we don't really need to worry about rotation too much.

Beat Sp**s and I think we might do it tbh 🤞

We’ve been absolutely brilliant away from home in the league and Sp**s have not been good recently.

Since the turn of the year they’ve won 6, drawn 2 and lost 3.

Conceded 20 goals in those games as well. No Udogie who I think is one of their best players. If we just perform as normal we’ll win. Same with United at old Trafford.

The problem is if City do drop points Thursday I still believe the pressure dealing aspect of the game is raw for these young players, they still struggle under pressure.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We’ve been absolutely brilliant away from home in the league and Sp**s have not been good recently.

Since the turn of the year they’ve won 6, drawn 2 and lost 3.

Conceded 20 goals in those games as well. No Udogie who I think is one of their best players. If we just perform as normal we’ll win. Same with United at old Trafford.

The problem is if City do drop points Thursday I still believe the pressure dealing aspect of the game is raw for these young players, they still struggle under pressure.
Sp**s will always raise their game against us tho. Hopefully they will take risks & try to go for it, as they will undoubtedly leave themselves open.

Our defence is solid & we score goals. If we just play our game, defend well & take our chances....we will take 3 points.

Easier said than done in the derby mind.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Sp**s will always raise their game against us tho. Hopefully they will take risks & try to go for it, as they will undoubtedly leave themselves open.

Our defence is solid & we score goals. If we just play our game, defend well & take our chances....we will take 3 points.

Easier said than done in the derby mind.
don't we do the same and shouldn't they afraid of us also?

LookingForEric

don't we do the same and shouldn't they afraid of us also?

At least the fans online are worried.

We’ll be pretty fresh and ready. I think we can hurt them early because they haven’t played in two weeks. Problem will be later in the game when they have more legs.

El Duderino

Problem with this team is never talent, though.

More often than not, if we show signs of tiredness is much more of the mental kind. We start to look void of ideas, our technique and focus drops quite a lot.

It's why the easier games worry me more than Sp**s, for instance. That and Old Trafford if we have a chance to go clear at the top of the table.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

More often than not, if we show signs of tiredness is much more of the mental kind. We start to look void of ideas, our technique and focus drops quite a lot.

It's why the easier games worry me more than Sp**s, for instance. That and Old Trafford if we have a chance to go clear at the top of the table.
I think the old trafford fixture is the most dangerous one personally.
I kind of feel like mikel looks to impose a very detailed and complicated game plan for each game which is why we seem to either look like we're scything through butter or running through treacle. I suspect the complicated game plan is what means it's often hard for us to change in second halves--- if you get each player to do something very specific and tailored and it doesnt work you've basically been drilling nonsense all week that isnt necessarily well adapted to what you realise you have to do when it gets to the actual game.
But I'm a useless bum so take that as you will

LookingForEric

Consistent talent (more so players with more experience) don’t have these issues though. Our tactics are elite, we’re coached impeccably and the players fight for the badge. The issue is sometimes that real consistent 9/10 quality for 10 games in a row.

El Duderino

Consistent talent (more so players with more experience) don’t have these issues though. Our tactics are elite, we’re coached impeccably and the players fight for the badge. The issue is sometimes that real consistent 9/10 quality for 10 games in a row.

Our players are all experienced when it comes to the premier league, though.

Also, what?

LookingForEric

Our players are all experienced when it comes to the premier league, though.

Also, what?

Premier league yea, title races no.

KDB for example can pull City through for 10 games in a row constantly showing up and doing something. I don’t believe we have that yet. Right now we have guys who can grow into that.

El Duderino

Premier league yea, title races no.

KDB for example can pull City through for 10 games in a row constantly showing up and doing something. I don’t believe we have that yet. Right now we have guys who can grow into that.

I mean, I still think they are experienced enough.

RE KdB, I get what you're saying, but other than Ødegaard and maybe Saka, I don't see any players in the current squad capable of growing into that.

I think a more apt way to put it is that we have match winners, but not necessarily game changers.

LookingForEric

I mean, I still think they are experienced enough.

RE KdB, I get what you're saying, but other than Ødegaard and maybe Saka, I don't see any players in the current squad capable of growing into that.

I think a more apt way to put it is that we have match winners, but not necessarily game changers.

I don’t think we have consistent match winners either. Ødegaard is probably the closest one, but to have to rely on Saka so heavily in the frontline isn’t ok. He’s still only 22, he should be second or even third most important attacker for us.

Last year they gained a lot of experience which is why we look so title worthy this season, there’s 4 games left and we haven’t flapped yet. When was the last time we needed multiple last gasp winners?

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom