• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Owen Hargreaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
of course he will. i love flamini, but hargreaves is technically superiror to and as energetic as flamini. not to mention more experienced. we are talking about a player with a cl winners medal here.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
of course he will. i love flamini, but hargreaves is technically superiror to and as energetic as flamini. not to mention more experienced. we are talking about a player with a cl winners medal here.

Fair enough. Personally, I don't think he's worth it, but if Edu leaves, then he might be worth a look. Would Bayern be willing to sell?

Gooner4Life

I wouldn't mind him tbh.

He can play at right back too and anyway in midfield really. I like versatile players and I would welcome him to Highbury.

Karlos2

I think he could be a good addition, iv always felt that he should get a longer time on the pitch for england than he gets.

Clarkey

Yeah I was going to bring up the Parlour comparison, he could be the guy we need/ miss at times. Right price, and five million sounds a bargain really with the over inflated prices for people of his ilk like Carrick, champions league experience. Sounds good.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
If we've got the cash and its likely Edu will leave he would be a welcome addition.
Who knows if he plays for us maybe it'll help him into the England squad if he's playing quite regularly over here to Sven can actually come down Highbury to see how he plays.

n_henry

If Edu leaves, I'd very much welcome him here.

But even if Edu stays, if Bayern would let him go for 5mil, I say we go for it. He'd be a great squad player, and he can play anywhere in midfield. He's only 24 too (I think).

Jinn

Established Member
Would we need him? Is he as good at Edu at moving the ball around in the middle? Because that's what we'll be missing if 'du leaves.

seanconvey66

Jinn said:
Would we need him? Is he as good at Edu at moving the ball around in the middle? Because that's what we'll be missing if 'du leaves.

You dont need to go like for like when someone leaves. When Overmars left we signed Pires, who was the same position but an entirely different type of player and that didnt work out to bad.

Jinn

Established Member
seanconvey66 said:
Jinn said:

You dont need to go like for like when someone leaves. When Overmars left we signed Pires, who was the same position but an entirely different type of player and that didnt work out to bad.

Yeah, but we've really missed Edu's play when he's been missing. Supposing Edu leaves, shouldn't we get someone more suited to moving the ball around rather than a Gilberto-ish or Flamini-ish or Parlour-ish player?

KingReyes

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Quite honestly I would prefer Scott Parker to Hargreaves.

Are you serious? Parker has as much technical ability that Hargreaves has in his big toe. But thats your opinion I guess, lets not forget this is a guy still to hit his peak and plays regulary for one of Europe's biggest teams.

He's got Flamini's energy level but his level of passing and ball movement is better. However as I mentioned above he does have added experience that Flamini doesn't have, would be a good signing if we could get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom