• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pennant to liverpool

Fabulous

Jermaine Pennant will join Liverpool after Birmingham last night accepted a £6million bid for the England Under-21 winger.
Anfield boss Rafael Benitez conceded he had been priced out of the race to sign Daniel Alves, his No.1 target to play wide on the right, after Sevilla refused to budge on their inflated £12m asking price for the Brazilian.Pennant bid

he's a good player,good luck to him but don't you think liverpool have too many wingers:kewell-zenden-fabio aurelio-luis garcia-riise-pennant-gerrard and kromkamp can play there too. :shock:

Fabulous

some place claim its a done deal but sky is reporting that liverpool only made a 3.5 mill bid which was rejected, i would love if birmingham gets 6 mill as we will eb getting 25% of whatever fee they agree.

oOTruGunNaOo

marckassatly said:
he's a good player,good luck to him but don't you think liverpool have too many wingers:kewell-zenden-fabio aurelio-luis garcia-riise-pennant-gerrard and kromkamp can play there too. :shock:

Aurelio is a right back, gerrard normally plays in the middle,garcia plays up front quite a bit, risse is a left back and only plays in emergencies and krompkamp never plays there. So that leaves pennant,kewell,zenden,garcia(sometimes). Seems like they need one or two more to me marckassatly

Jameel46

Established Member
marckassatly said:

they do need a right-winger, they've been after right-wingers for the past two seasons, but pennant?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
marckassatly said:

Aurelio, Riise and Kromkamp are defenders.

Kewell injury plagued and Zenden getting older

Gerrard is their captain and plays mostly alongside Alonso

Luis GArcia well isn't he most often deployed as a second striker?

jay-d

Established Member
At the end of the day Benitez is being pro active in dealing with any weaknesses he feels his team may have. Could be just what Liverpoll and Pennant needs. At least we get another £1.5 million.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Yeah selling two international forwards and an experienced midfielder whilst bringing in a good-but-troublesome attacker and a few South Americans is really going to do it.

Oh and Pennant now it seems.

Always makes me laugh seeing Gooners whinge about how far we are behind them :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
oOTruGunNaOo said:
marckassatly said:

Aurelio is a right back, gerrard normally plays in the middle,garcia plays up front quite a bit, risse is a left back and only plays in emergencies and krompkamp never plays there. So that leaves pennant,kewell,zenden,garcia(sometimes). Seems like they need one or two more to me marckassatly

No, he's a left wing back. Valencia sold him and replaced him with Del Horno.

JazzG

Established Member
Benetiz is a very good manager and what he likes to do is have his star players on the pitch and have half decent back up on the bench. At Valencia he used to have so many players who can come in and do a job and I think Pennant fits that description nicely, a little pricey though.

phenn

I don't see why this is a good move for Pennant. He's not going to be a regular starter and we're just going to see a similar situation to the one he was in at Arsenal.

I don't see this for Brum because I saw Pennant as a big player for them in the Championship this season.

But hey, 1.5 million pounds? Ok.

junialum

This guy had his attitude wrecked at Leeds I think. Well good luck Pennant, time to tidy that career of yours up.

F_Henry

It doesn't take a genious to see why they really want Pennant.

Crouch- tallest player in the EPL

Pennant- delivers most crosses in the EPL.

That's not the only reason, Pennant is a good player...But this partnership along with Bellamy and Gerrard make this a strong attack force.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
MAn what a boring side L'pool will be next year a possible 5 man midfield with GArcia, Sissoko, Gerrard, Alonso, Pennant

Support from GArcia
Ballwinning from Sissoko
Everything from StevieG
Long range cutting passes from Alonso and Crosses from Pennant

all is aimed for the robot Crouch. A return to the Houllier-ball era with the tactic try to hit Heskey with a cross so it bounces to Owen

qs

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Yeah selling two international forwards and an experienced midfielder whilst bringing in a good-but-troublesome attacker and a few South Americans is really going to do it.

Oh and Pennant now it seems.

Always makes me laugh seeing Gooners whinge about how far we are behind them :lol:

My thoughts exactly. Cant believe people think we're unambitious in the transfer market.

Liverpool are a massive club. Alot bigger(not better) than us, they should be attracting much bigger stars.

Theyre linked with players like Torres and Joaquin and end up with Bellamy and Pennant.

Their fans are delusinional too, one of them told me Paletta, Barragan and Agger were better prospects than Senderos, Djourou and Gilbert :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom