• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Peter Crouch

gun4glory

Harrdly worth 2 mil let alone 7 mil... fine he may be going through a goal drought, but he also seems to have been going through a 'know how to play' drought for as long as i remember... all he is good for is standing infront of defenders and hoping the ball bounces off his head into the net... last week i watched the liverpool game and i saw on one particular corner, crouch ran to the corner and passed it back to the taker avoiding the only area he is actually usefull in...
May seem harsh, but 7 MIL!!!! come on, then Hery's gotta be worth at least 100 mill....
and whats even more disappoining is that cisse is put on the bench to be replaced by crouch.. cisse is by far liverpool's best striker... it just seems he doesnt like benitez much and vice versa...

gotnothin

Yeah Crouch is having a tough time at the Reds! He hasnt given Rafa or the fans any reason to have faith yet either :roll:

Regarding Cisse, i beg to differ. Yes he's fast! Yes he can strike a mean shot! BUT he hasnt got a smart head on his shoulder. In the last couple of games he has had clear breakaways and 1 on 1's with the keeper and just tried kicking the crap outta the ball?? Henry and other top class strikers would choose to run the ball effortlessly past the keeper and see it in the back of the net instead of trying to boot the cover off it!

IBL

Established Member
I do feel sorry for Crouch, decent player but never worth 7 million and is totally out of his depth at Liverpool. Maybe he'll hit a purple patch but he hasnt shown anything to suggest he's gonna be a consistent performer and a success at Anfield. As a result of playing for Liverpool he is now more or less going to picked for England everytime, Eriksson is a mucking fuppet when it comes to things like these. Heskey moved to Birmingham and as a result he hardly ever got picked for England again even though he didnt play any worse than he did at Liverpool [sorry turning this into an anti-Erikson rant].

Anyway Crouch is pants and so is Cisse, the bloke cannot score simple goals - misses to many easy chances, just a headless pacy chicken at times.

gotnothin

All the chemicals he uses on his hair has finally seeped through and damaged the part of his brain that helps goal scoring i think... :lol:

Allyboy

Established Member
Crouch was a classic flavour of the month.

A year ago he was a Southampon reserve but a half decent run of form from January to May (the first EVER really in his career) and because Sven loves to pander to the press when it comes to calling up people (even if he doesnt give them a decent chance), he got an England cap and Liverpool were conned into paying £7 million for him.

Yes he is different to any other player but short of launching the high ball for him to flick on or hold up, is there anything more to his game? He doesnt even score that many goals from headers, or at least seemingly cannot this season!

The press keep on saying "oh but just think what the Brazilian defence will think if he comes on with 20 minutes to go and we need a goal, they won't have a clue what to do", but thats a load of sentimental bullshit, the guy is PAINFULLY average at most things.

It made me laugh how ITV1 had geared almost their entire Liverpool v Anderlecht coverage into "will this be the night Crouch scores" and were almost making out that if he just gets one he will INEVITABLY score as many as Rush did for Liverpool! Its all like its one big joke!

The guy is clearly a very nice man, and its a shame he gets so much stick because he is tall. However enough is enough, the number of high profile people who keep making out he is a huge asset to both Liverpool and England is a joke! I know the English media is desperate to build up Englands players as demi gods but at some point you have to draw the line!

The sooner this guy is sold off to the football league, where he belongs the better and I hope for Englands sake when Sven ****s off after the world cup the next England manager does not continue to pick this mal cordinated never was been!

A

Anonymous

Lanky Punk.

I don't care if the plank toothed ferret some how flukes us the world cup.

He's just being exposed for the player he is. Even Alan Hansen can't make up a lie to explain why he's so crap.

DaViEsW

Have to say I agree with the people who boo him. People should play for England on form, and doing their jobs for their clubs. Crouch couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo nevermind start paying off the money he isn't worth (£500k would have been in the right ballpark). Not that it's all his fault. Sven gives into pressure so easily.

Question: Had Darren Bent signed for Liverpool and Crouch for Charlton and they both had the same impact, who do you think would be playing for England?

Sven's pathetic.

IBL

Established Member
DaViEsW: Whilst I agree with you on Eriksson and the fact that Crouch is useless, I dont agree with booing one of your own player (speaking from an England fans perspective). Its not Crouch's fault that he's been picked for the England team and as far as he's concerned he's going to play his heart out in an England shirt. Its counter productive to boo any player and could result in him playing worse than he usually does, perhaps even costing England a goal.

gotnothin

Kha0z said:
Lanky Punk.

I don't care if the plank toothed ferret some how flukes us the world cup.

He's just being exposed for the player he is. Even Alan Hansen can't make up a lie to explain why he's so crap.

Plank toothed ferret :lol:

Personally i think he looks alot like Timmy from southpark. "TIMMY"

IBL

Established Member
gotnothin: you should check out the Arsenal lookalikes thread in the Jokes & Games section

patrick42uk

Established Member
to be honest, i blame rafa and sven for bringing him into the spot light by introducing him to their respective teams. he's such an easy target not only because of the way he looks but also because he just isnt good enough and probably never will be. bringing him into a high profile team is the worst thing you could have done for the boy.

invisibleman18

Established Member
DaViEsW said:
Have to say I agree with the people who boo him. People should play for England on form, and doing their jobs for their clubs. Crouch couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo nevermind start paying off the money he isn't worth (£500k would have been in the right ballpark). Not that it's all his fault. Sven gives into pressure so easily.

Question: Had Darren Bent signed for Liverpool and Crouch for Charlton and they both had the same impact, who do you think would be playing for England?

Sven's pathetic.

agree with the sentiments that he should not be in the england side. but i cannot agree with booing your own players. if he is in the team, then as a fan i will always support him on the day, even if i may not agree with him being in the team
booing your own players is just a disgrace.

A

Anonymous

I was negligent.

Excuse me.

Whenever a Peter crouch discussion or topic is raised.. The counter question must always be asked.

Where is Emile Heskey?

ffs. I'd gladly play Darius Vasell infront of Crouch.

gotnothin

Ice Berg legend said:
gotnothin: you should check out the Arsenal lookalikes thread in the Jokes & Games section
Cheers Ice Berg Legend - as my title (newbie) shows im slowly getting around to all the threads. Actually looked at that one before and went :eek:ops:

qs

Established Member
invisibleman18, booing players for a good reason like the Manure fans booed Rio is totally acceptable but booing a guy just cos he's not that good isnt. He cant help being ****, he's trying his best. Booing him wont help. Boo the manager if you've a problem with him.

invisibleman18

Established Member
yeah thats true, when its for something like rio demanding 120K cos 100K isnt enough then fair enough. but to boo someone just cos you dont agree with him being selected in the team is unacceptable.

Gurgen

Established Member
:lol:

He is a big lump of ****e. Southampton must have been dancing for weeks when they got 7m for that lad.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom