• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I hope to see our strongest side play:

Gk: Leno
RB: Chambers
CB: Holdini
CB: Gabriel
LB: Tierney
Cm: White/Lokonga
Cm: Willock
Acm: ESR
Rw: Pepe
LW: Saka
CF: Lacca

However I fully excpet White at CB, Xhaka, PEA and Bellerin to start. At the expense of Holdidni, Willock, Chambers and Pepe.

Tomb Bombadil

I hope to see our strongest side play:

Gk: Leno
RB: Chambers
CB: Holdini
CB: Gabriel
LB: Tierney
Cm: White/Lokonga
Cm: Willock
Acm: ESR
Rw: Pepe
LW: Saka
CF: Lacca

However I fully excpet White at CB, Xhaka, PEA and Bellerin to start. At the expense of Holdidni, Willock, Chambers and Pepe.
Gabriel was injured and we want to play out from the back, that's why we bought White.

I would go with the same forward line but I think it will be the same lineup we had against Tottenham. The only change I really see is Chambers/Bellerin and maybe (i hope not) he will bring in Elneny for Lokonga

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

toney-brentford.gif

Mari has no chance against this man

Not if he's running at him trying to impersonate a deranged moose 🤣

Having said that, we'll definitely struggle, given the occasion.

First match of the new season against a club that hasn't been in the top flight in a long time & coming off two friendly losses.

Also, Arteta's still cosplaying as manager.

It's not looking good for Friday, but stranger things have happened!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Season starts in 2 days and there’s zero excitement for me. Good chance we start a new season with Bellerin, Mari, Elneny and Lacazette all starting for us. 55 goals scored last season and the same bums get to lead us out. :lol:

GoonerJay24

Season starts in 2 days and there’s zero excitement for me. Good chance we start a new season with Bellerin, Mari, Elneny and Lacazette all starting for us. 55 goals scored last season and the same bums get to lead us out. :lol:
Apart from Bellerin none of those players consistently played in our bad run last season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not if he's running at him trying to impersonate a deranged moose 🤣

Having said that, we'll definitely struggle, given the occasion.

First match of the new season against a club that hasn't been in the top flight in a long time & coming off two friendly losses.

Also, Arteta's still cosplaying as manager.

It's not looking good for Friday, but stranger things have happened!
We're generally good at dispatching this league newcomers, no?

I cba to check but we have excellent record against league newcomers apart from that Wolves season.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

We're generally good at dispatching this league newcomers, no?

I cba to check but we have excellent record against league newcomers apart from that Wolves season.

One can hope so. But we'll find out soon enough. Friday's not far off :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Bit depressing, no? At the end of last season and start of the summer window I kept posting the starting line up for the start of this season will be mostly the same as last season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bit depressing, no? At the end of last season and start of the summer window I kept posting the starting line up for the start of this season will be mostly the same as last season.
So you haven't give up hope then?
:lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

If you actually believed them when they said they would be a massive overhaul, then you deserve to be disappointed, tbh.

Everything about Arsenal these days is very average, so I don't know why anyone expected anything different :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Points are gonna be dropped left right and centre the first few weeks. We simply have to win this one we cannot fall behind whilst playing Brentford.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Got to say the PL isn’t quite the English game anymore.

Heavily dominated by London. No space for Forest, Derby or Sunderland but a West London bus stop can make it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom