• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: West Ham United 2 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday, April 16 | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

BKPn96_CUAAm0nZ.jpg

GLITCH

If we only subbed Olek off sooner v Liverpool, we might have ****housed a win there.

Then Zinny might not have got injured and would have been fit today, wouldn't have lost control of the midfield with him and picked nup another 🌴 points here too.

Very annoying last few games.
Let's take it back further. If only that damn pigeon didn't distract Ramsdale at St. Mary's. I'll go mad if I think about all the shoulda, coulda, wouldas. :lol:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I said it starts from him, the flicks and tricks. I'm not putting the entire blame on him. You rewatch the game and see how often he hogs the ball for too long. It's an area of his game that needs improvement. That doesn't mean he's the only one responsible but he's the captain, he sets the tone just like he does in a positive way with his pressing.
Each to their own, i find his flicks and tricks brilliant to watch. Give me that over a mechanical playmaker every single day.

Tom Mix

No it's not Tierney's fault he is not Zinchenko. If you want to have Zinchenko on the pitch you should play him. Play players in roles they can understand and they will deliver. Tierney is an excellent player in his own style and the buffoons who berate him for not being Zinchenko probably struggle to tie their own shoelaces.

Mohamed7

Having calmed down a bit, we were never going to run away it. We will probably need to do City like in 2012 for our first league challenge in this era.

A dramatic win.

Badger_Revenge

Jesus was coming back to provide some passing options coming out of the back. The midfielder shifted deeper into the West Ham half at the same time to try pulling them out of shape in case someone followed him. Jesus did this a lot earlier in the year. That's not something I'd criticize. We have other goal scorers.

I would criticize the tendency to slow down build up play and take extra touches after the second goal. Also, sloppy passes over the top. I don't think a single one found it's mark today.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

All we can do is reset and make sure we beat Southampton, as convincingly as possible on Friday, then we‘ll go to Etihad with the proverbial “points in the bank” and the opportunity of leaving with a 7 to 10 point lead.

People will say that’s unlikely - for sure if we play there with the mentality we showed across the 90 minutes today and last week we‘ll lose - but we are clearly capable. People said we had no chance at Anfield in 89, which tbh was harder, with everything on the line.

We've shown the necessary character in many important moments this season, now and clearly, we’ll need to show it on the biggest stage.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He's like a fish out of water in this inverted role. I mean you can blame Arteta for trying to make him an inverted LB but would you ever see Zinchenko drifting to CF? Part of me wonders if Jesus was dropping so deep because Tierney was horrible at trying to play in midfield.
Makes no sense to play Tierney like that. Play him to his strengths, not try to push a square peg in a round hole.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Can’t win ‘em all. I’m completely chilled, but it may be all the booze. The Saka pen miss was winner take all moment but I don’t blame, Saka, Partey or Ramsdale in particular as you’d have to be crazy not to acknowledge how good all three players have been this season. Vieira ain’t it though.

What was all that stuff with Partey banging himself on the head? It was like he was trying to force himself to concentrate.

Without wishing to sound like a broken record, City favourites (said it all season) but we’re not out of it by any means. Have a ticket for Friday, COYG!!!

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Can’t win ‘em all. I’m completely chilled, but it may be all the booze. The Saka pen miss was winner take all moment but I don’t blame, Saka, Partey or Ramsdale in particular as you’d have to be crazy not to acknowledge how good all three players have been this season. Vieira ain’t it though.

What was all that stuff with Partey banging himself on the head? It was like he was trying to force himself to concentrate.

Without wishing to sound like a broken record, City favourites (said it all season) but we’re not out of it by any means. Have a ticket for Friday, COYG!!!
Smoking too much blow before the game.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Shouldve let Tierney overlap. Let White invert more.
Its the same thing as last season

Our plan only works if we have the players available

We cant adapt

Tierney is not in his strenght playing inverted

We need 22 players that are exact copies in their positions with how arteta works

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The problem starts in the back. Gabriel is trying his best to hold the defense together, but Holding, Tierney and Partey were putting him in bad situations. Holding won’t be good enough for the rest of the season.

Despite our poor play, we were gifted a penalty and should’ve won 3-2. Oh well, only thing we can do is respond and be better next game. Not giving up on this team by any means.

Overall agree but our PK wasn't a "gift" - it was stonewall, we failed to convert ours and they converted theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom