• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 12/08/07

asajoseph

Established Member
Hmm... interesting...

If you're a real numbers geek, you might want to weight your season averages according to the amount of time spent on the pitch. But heh, we can't all be accountants ;)

MDGoonah41

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Hmm... interesting...

If you're a real numbers geek, you might want to weight your season averages according to the amount of time spent on the pitch. But heh, we can't all be accountants ;)

I could do that. I'd need help from someone though to keep track of how many minutes everyone played in every match. It can definitely be done.

asajoseph

Established Member
It should just be on the website, shouldn't it? You could just keep a spreadsheet, and update it every time someone plays...

Oh GOD, I'm getting sucked in - I do this for a living, I don't want to end up doing it in my spare time too!

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Ah I can do it, it won't be that tough ;)

Side note, the thread I created on match ratings, can we just rename it to something like

2007-2008 Matchday Ratings

and then I'll just update it after every match and put the numbers in there? I have some ideas on how to make it look presentable and easily readable.

Feanor

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Ah I can do it, it won't be that tough ;)

Side note, the thread I created on match ratings, can we just rename it to something like

2007-2008 Matchday Ratings

and then I'll just update it after every match and put the numbers in there? I have some ideas on how to make it look presentable and easily readable.

You need help...now! Although it is a Good idea, I can't imagine having that kind of spare time or energy but I'm glad someone does.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I get paid to sit at a computer all day, and I have plenty of spare time. This type of stuff is easy to me. I write for a number of baseball blogs here, and with that, I use 10's of thousands of points of data, adding a few numbers here takes next to no time ;)

Juicy

banduan said:

Alex Hovis - 8 no doubt a MotM performance. Sent 2 sitters to the keeper, but should have been given at least 2 penalties and scored a great great goal.

Translingual puns are my fave, but I cannot help but mention that hleb's name does not come from the russian: bread- хлеб (pronounced hleb, but with a stronger H), but rather from the Russian- Глеб, which is just a name. I found this out whilst staying in Russia and seeing an interview with him come up as Александр Глеб (ie Alexander Gleb).
Anyway, you dared to go there with a translingual pun, so my respects.

Lehmann- 5
Sagna 6.5
Toure- 5
Gallas- 5.5
Clichy- 6
Eboue- 6
Flamini- 6.5
Cesc- 6
Rosicky- 6.5
Hleb- 7.5 (not just because of the goal, but it helped)
RVP- 6.5/7

banduan

Established Member
sashakal said:
banduan said:

Alex Hovis - 8 no doubt a MotM performance. Sent 2 sitters to the keeper, but should have been given at least 2 penalties and scored a great great goal.

Translingual puns are my fave, but I cannot help but mention that hleb's name does not come from the russian: bread- хлеб (pronounced hleb, but with a stronger H), but rather from the Russian- Глеб, which is just a name. I found this out whilst staying in Russia and seeing an interview with him come up as Александр Глеб (ie Alexander Gleb).
Anyway, you dared to go there with a translingual pun, so my respects.

Aaaah, but it is a Russian pun first and an endearingly English sobriquet second!

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom