• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

To get the complete picture, the more pertinent factor is the current cost of the squad to determine how much has actually been spent. City's squad cost 1.29b, United's 1.42b, Chelsea's 1.08bn, Liverpool's 905m, Arsenal's 890m.

We are overachieving. **** Guardiola!

Don’t start with squad cost.

This is like a 10/10 bird calling @Makingtrax name.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

To get the complete picture, the more pertinent factor is the current cost of the squad to determine how much has actually been spent. City's squad cost 1.29b, United's 1.42b, Chelsea's 1.08bn, Liverpool's 905m, Arsenal's 890m.

We are overachieving. **** Guardiola!

I have no idea what it is about Arsenal/Utd/Chelsea outspending City over the past 2/3 years that none of you can understand tbh.

The best you guys can do is speculate that City must have spent extra amidst the 115 charges and not recorded it anywhere, this is drippin olympics.

outlawz

I have no idea what it is about Arsenal/Utd/Chelsea outspending City over the past 2/3 years that none of you can understand tbh.

The best you guys can do is speculate that City must have spent extra amidst the 115 charges and not recorded it anywhere, this is drippin olympics.

I've not said we haven't outspent City over the past 2/3 years, but it's obviously disingenuous and doesn't give you the full story on how much has been spent. It's like those mugs who talk about the Israeli-Palestine conflict and act like it started in November 23, when there is a broader history behind it, or like your Mrs. who maxxed out your 10k balance credit card but points to her last three purchases costing £10 as indication that she hasn't spent a lot.

City's current squad costs more than every club in the country bar Man Utd. FACT. Arsenal has outspent City over the past 3 years, also FACT. Now one fact gives you the full picture of how much has been spent, the other gives you half the picture. Up to you, if you want to be disingenuous or have some integrity.

I have no idea what you mean about your latter sentence cause I've not made any comments regarding City's charges.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Since 19/20 -

Villa - £515M spent on players
Sp**s - £695M spent on players
United - £775M spent on players
West Ham - £490M spent on players

Have we spent a good amount of money? Of course we have. But so has everyone else in the top 10, we’ve just spent it far better than anyone else. Big props to Edu and Mikel for that.
This is the point yet you get some people saying we should win the league with all the money Arteta has spent.

Fact is the only reason we haven't won the league is because of a corrupt City team managed by Pep who have made it virtually impossible.

In any other era we win it.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I've not said we haven't outspent City over the past 2/3 years, but it's obviously disingenuous and doesn't give you the full story on how much has been spent. It's like those mugs who talk about the Israeli-Palestine conflict and act like it started in November 23, when there is a broader history behind it, or like your Mrs. who maxxed out your 10k balance credit card but points to her last three purchases costing £10 as indication that she hasn't spent a lot.

City's current squad costs more than every club in the country bar Man Utd. FACT. Arsenal has outspent City over the past 3 years, also FACT. Now one fact gives you the full picture of how much has been spent, the other gives you half the picture. Up to you, if you want to be disingenuous or have some integrity.

So you are preaching look at the whole history in the midst of jumping in making your point that absolutely nobody disputed? Ok.

If what Pep has said was so egregious why has nobody checked him? or even politely corrected him?

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

This is the point yet you get some people saying we should win the league with all the money Arteta has spent.

Fact is the only reason we haven't won the league is because of a corrupt City team managed by Pep who have made it virtually impossible.

In any other era we win it.

From next year onwards I think we dominate. Pep will leave within the next 3 years and we’ve got a clear route to dominate.

outlawz

So you are preaching look at the whole history in the midst of jumping in making your point that absolutely nobody disputed? Ok.

If what Pep has said was so egregious why has nobody checked him? or even politely corrected him?

I don't dispute his point or yours either, it's just disingenuous.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I don't dispute his point or yours either, it's just disingenuous.

If I was saying Arsenal should win the league after 3 years of spending, yes it would be but I have not once ever claimed this.

Teams outspending City in recent years however is absolutely facts and there is nothing wrong with it, to compete this is what they should be doing. There are no extra points for spending less or whatever it is you guys are desperately fishing for.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+

outlawz

If I was saying Arsenal should win the league after 3 years of spending, yes it would be but I have not once ever claimed this.

Teams outspending City in recent years however is absolutely facts and there is nothing wrong with it, to compete this is what they should be doing. There are no extra points for spending less or whatever it is you guys are desperately fishing for.

It is facts which again I haven't disputed but people are wishing for more context, not less. More information, not less. The more information one has, the more accurate a judgment can be made. Even Tottenham and Newcastle have outspent City in recent years. Also, good for them, but that statement in and of itself doesn't tell you a lot, because in the preceding 10 years, I'm sure (haven't looked) City has spent more or close to the two clubs combined.

and we aren't in disagreement, I'm saying there is more to what Guardiola is saying that is conveniently being ignored, which is also facts.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It is facts which again I haven't disputed but people are wishing for more context, not less. More information, not less. The more information one has, the more accurate a judgment can be made. Even Tottenham and Newcastle have outspent City in recent years. Also, good for them, but that statement in and of itself doesn't tell you a lot, because in the preceding 10 years, I'm sure (haven't looked) City has spent more or close to the two clubs combined.

Nah I can't do this sh*t.

outlawz

Nah I can't do this sh*t.
Usually, what happens when you ain't got a retort, and btw we aren't in disagreement, I'm saying there is more to what Guardiola is saying that is conveniently being ignored, which is also facts. It's simply context.

Have a good day!

fute

Pep is speaking like a lawyer/politician.

And for those clubs that have spent recently, only we have come to close to eclipsing them.

People shouldn't worry about shielding Arteta from blame by blaming Pep and City's moneyvault as to why we aren't winning titles or haven't won a title to date.

What Pep says and what he doesn't say actually makes Arteta look good: We are investing in the club to win recently and we are right there with City in the title race these next 2 games. We beat them this year. They didn't beat us in 3 matches this year.

With all their money and Pep's tactics, they only won 1 CL title under him. So through all these years, the rest of Europe doesn't seem to be phased by Pep. Klopp took Liverpool to more CL finals than Pep did with City. Let that sink in.

We are in a good position.

With spending and good management, we'll have success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom