• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sp**s being totally Spursy & fluffing their opportunities.

We need a miracle from West Ham now. Unlikely but you never know.

Am totally gutted :(

Proud of the boys but the loss to Villa when we were on a brilliant run fcked us.

So frustrating. Coulda woulda shoulda.
Here's the thing though. I can understand people pointing to the loss to Villa but you also have to question whether we get the results we managed after that if we weren't galvanized by needing to bounce back from that disappointment. If we hadn't gone through that awful patch in December, would we have come back the way we did in January and gone on that run? We simply can't know the answers to that. It's possible that we'd have gotten better results then at the expense of a worse result in some other fixture.

We always assume that the only outcome was a better outcome when we're disappointed but actually things could have been worse. What we can say for sure is that this team showed a backbone and an ability to respond to adversity that can only serve it well in the future. Now they understand that they can weather bad results, not let them snowball and fight until the last day. That could be invaluable in the years to come. The first seeds of the thought of going Invincible happened the season prior and I believe that the disappointment of losing out on a title we should have won was a major catalyst in our success the following season. This could be the same just as the prior 2 seasons have prompted responses that took us a step further.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Here's the thing though. I can understand people pointing to the loss to Villa but you also have to question whether we get the results we managed after that if we weren't galvanized by needing to bounce back from that disappointment. If we hadn't gone through that awful patch in December, would we have come back the way we did in January and gone on that run? We simply can't know the answers to that. It's possible that we'd have gotten better results then at the expense of a worse result in some other fixture.

We always assume that the only outcome was a better outcome when we're disappointed but actually things could have been worse. What we can say for sure is that this team showed a backbone and an ability to respond to adversity that can only serve it well in the future. Now they understand that they can weather bad results, not let them snowball and fight until the last day. That could be invaluable in the years to come. The first seeds of the thought of going Invincible happened the season prior and I believe that the disappointment of losing out on a title we should have won was a major catalyst in our success the following season. This could be the same just as the prior 2 seasons have prompted responses that took us a step further.

Spot on. You cannot micro analyse a league campaign- you look at it in totality. It’s how the league works. All this chat about where we stuffed up etc is a bit tedious. City fans could be having this exact same conversation right.

We know where we need to improve on the whole. And we know where we have made improvements already on last year. And those improvements are literally across every single metric. It’s pretty remarkable honestly especially when you consider how many of us doubted we could even repeat last season let alone better it.

The league, like everything in life is a compilation of moments. But you still need to see the whole damn movie.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

We're also going to have top young players gagging to join this project and IMO we're only 1-2 top players off of City's squad now, perhaps a truly elite forward and someone who offers Partey/Jorginho style of play but perhaps is a bit more reliable and mobile.

Its easy enough to find two profiles in this market when you consider most of the squad building has been done now.

blaze_of_glory

Exactly, for every point dropped that looks in hindsight like we threw it away there are a lot of others that were won by hard work that could easily not have been if things just went slightly differently. Eg. Man U at home, City at home, the draws away vs Pool and City, etc. Those games could have gone south just as easily as the ones where we dropped points could have been better.

You just go out and try to win every game and really that's all there is to it. And the team did just as well as it could have in that regard I think

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

When I step back and look at the bigger picture, I think about the 115, and how it has just hung there whilst we have been seeing other clubs punished with relative expedience. I think about PMGOL and the weight of decisions. Not just those on us, but on many clubs, but rarely City.

4 consecutive league titles, a treble then a double done back to back. Listening to interviews and points being made by pundits about how they've spent less money. 40m, 50m, 65m for Haaland.

"Shrewd business".

Feels like being gaslit. Then when I factor in that the manager has literally been tested for Nandrolone as a player, the probability of 115 charges all being false being absolutely insane to fathom. Pundits talking about them with the obedience of North Korean media.

@RandomHero84 really touches on what bothers me most about City - it's bad enough to have to compete against this team but then you have stenographers in Sky gaslighting us and basically cheer leading them on; spouting absolute horse **** like how they're this amazing team like it was built from their academy with fairy dust, rather than the obscene amount of investment in players, agent fees and who knows what other shady **** that it took to build this juggernaut. All the while pretending that the PL is 'the best league in the world' when it's just turned into glorified Ligue 1 while not even paying the smallest of acknowledgments of the 115 charges in the dock.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Will be interesting when they get found guilty of at least one :lol: of the 115.

Makes you wonder why they didn’t get even the slightest points deduction this season. I guess we just have to be ready for if/when they ever do get punished.

Batman

We're also going to have top young players gagging to join this project and IMO we're only 1-2 top players off of City's squad now, perhaps a truly elite forward and someone who offers Partey/Jorginho style of play but perhaps is a bit more reliable and mobile.

Its easy enough to find two profiles in this market when you consider most of the squad building has been done now.
Exactly. We're a CL club with absolute top-class players rated by their peers. They've seen what Arteta has done with Havertz, they see how the supporters are behind the club even in bad moments, they see that we do things the right way. City can't sign everyone. There are players like Declan Rice who will back themselves to be the missing piece and one of them will be.

This club is in the best state it's been in for 20 years top to bottom and I think it's crazy not to be optimistic. None of the main XI are even in their primes yet. Raya, Ødegaard and Rice are probably just about to enter theirs. Saka, White, Havertz and Gabriel are probably a couple of years from theirs and Saliba as insane as it is, is years from his prime. Arteta himself has shown real growth this season which I think will continue. We have every reason to believe that we can keep pushing on and win things.

Hinx

Injuries are the only thing that will keep us from competing again next season. If we enjoy another blessed season in terms of avoiding key absences, then we're going to be right up there challenging for major honours on all fronts. I expect the club to reinforce well again in the Summer and come back next term an even better team.

Batman

Will be interesting when they get found guilty of at least one :lol: of the 115.

Makes you wonder why they didn’t get even the slightest points deduction this season. I guess we just have to be ready for if/when they ever do get punished.
There were reports months ago of backchannel discussions between some MPs and their UAE counterparts. Make of that what you will. I think it was actually admitted to by one of them though they refused to divulge the contents of the conversation obviously.

Batman

As disappointing as it is, I’m realising that we won’t even hit 90 points this season.

Even though beating City can seem impossible, there’s definite room for growth here.
Assuming we beat Everton, the 4 highest points totals we've managed in the PL era are:

90(Invincibles)
89(This season)
87(01-02)
84(Last season)

Arsène managed 4 seasons above 80 points in 22 years. Arteta has 2 in 4.5 years. We are on a great trajectory with a team that has grown together and should continue to grow together. It's simply a case of us being up against a cheating juggernaut.

Badger_Revenge

Next season we won't have to struggle through that early period trying to figuring out roles/positions and trying to develop chemistry. That should be worth a few points right there.

We do need some quality depth at some positions. Some of our players got knackered at times through the season and their form came and went. If we get far in the cup competitions, that will be more of a problem next year.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Tbf some the charges included they paying players under the table. Itwas essentially the same case UEFA brought against them and they were found guilty but the punishment was reduced on appeal and a small fine was slapped on them. One of the specific examples was them paying Mancini through offshore accounts I think.

Haaland cost way less.

We don't really know city's spending power until a few years ago

Pretty sure he is talking primarily about transfer fees.

Batman

Pretty sure he is talking primarily about transfer fees.
Which is useless because there is more to spending than transfer fees. Their wage bill for example dwarfs ours and has for over a decade. People were doing backflips to give him a semantic pass for the one very narrow area where our net spend is similar. That's not the same thing as spending as much as they do. They've still spent more, they've also just made more back in player sales because of how much more they spent earlier and how disadvantaged we were relative to them for a long time.

SteveEvets

Since January I've only seen Sp**s play against us, about 30 minutes against Liverpool and against City. Son has been useless the entire time, he single-handedly ruined 5 or 6 good moves after they had got it to 4-2 against Liverpool. It wouldn't have been outrageous for them to have nicked a point the way it was going. So it was consistent for him to miss against City in that huge of a moment.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Which is useless because there is more to spending than transfer fees. Their wage bill for example dwarfs ours and has for over a decade. People were doing backflips to give him a semantic pass for the one very narrow area where our net spend is similar. That's not the same thing as spending as much as they do. They've still spent more, they've also just made more back in player sales because of how much more they spent earlier and how disadvantaged we were relative to them for a long time.

They may spend more on the silly presentation videos aswell for all that i care. But you can't say we havent spent a lot of money even if City (in some ways) have spent more. That doesnt explain why they will win the league this season though. We have failed to win against a useless Fulham team and got nothing against West Ham at home. Thats why we will fall short again. And because Emery, once again, took a massive dump on Teta's head. We will never win major trophies with Legohead in charge. Unfortunately most of the fans are too delusional to realise this. Everything you write is a good example of this.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
We will never win major trophies with Legohead in charge. Unfortunately most of the fans are too delusional to realise this.
Look at captain hindsight over here piping up now that the dust is settled.

If you're so sure it's impossible we'll win the title next season why not put all your savings on city winning the league? Literally free money for you 🤔

fute

They may spend more on the silly presentation videos aswell for all that i care. But you can't say we havent spent a lot of money even if City (in some ways) have spent more. That doesnt explain why they will win the league this season though. We have failed to win against a useless Fulham team and got nothing against West Ham at home. Thats why we will fall short again. And because Emery, once again, took a massive dump on Teta's head. We will never win major trophies with Legohead in charge. Unfortunately most of the fans are too delusional to realise this. Everything you write is a good example of this.

He won an FA cup and a Community salad tray. Doesn't that count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom