• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Look at captain hindsight over here piping up now that the dust is settled.

I have been convinced for a long time that we wont win big trophies with Legohead and most of the members here can confirm that. Since 2021 i think.

This is our 4th full season without any trophies with Legohead as our manager but you cry about a random post on a forum. That tell us all we need to know about you. Go and celebrate finishing in second place, clown.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
I have been convinced for a long time that we wont win big trophies with Legohead and most of the members here can confirm that. Since 2021 i think.

This is our 4th full season without any trophies with Legohead as our manager but you cry about a random post on a forum. That tell us all we need to know about you. Go and celebrate finishing in second place, clown.
How convenient of you to ignore the second part of my post. Why then do you not invest ALL your savings into City winning the league next season. Free money for you.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Failing to take advantage of ur rivals decline, who is to say they won't get better and we'll have injuries as this season our keys players for the most part have been fit.

Football is not linear, as Wenger said, you seize the opportunity when it's there
Decline lol 🤣
We are beating all the big clubs apart from one with 115 charges.
They may be corrupt but there is no doubt Peps Man City are the best side the Prem has ever seen.
They win at home against West Ham & have beaten out greatest ever side invincibles points tally.
They have done this regularly in the past.

In the last 2 seasons Artetas Arsenal has got enough points to win titles in all the years Arsenes teams did.

We have a top team but unfortunately due to dodgy ownership the goalposts moved.

bergholt

Stop this conspiracy. He is an out-of-form player who missed a chance. The near post (to his right) would have been too tight - Only could have gone in if he curled it after opening his body up, which he didn't have time. The only two choices were, firstly, the far post with low and hard drill. Secondly, lob/chip the GK which is hard to pull off being tired and all that.

Don’t you know though that players (and referees) only make mistakes after carefully thinking through the consequences for Arsenal?

fute

Decline lol 🤣
We are beating all the big clubs apart from one with 115 charges.
They may be corrupt but there is no doubt Peps Man City are the best side the Prem has ever seen.
They win at home against West Ham & have beaten out greatest ever side invincibles points tally.
They have done this regularly in the past.

In the last 2 seasons Artetas Arsenal has got enough points to win titles in all the years Arsenes teams did.

We have a top team but unfortunately due to dodgy ownership the goalposts moved.

We beat the club with 115 charges. They did not beat us in 3 tries this year.

Difference is we did not take care of business against the lesser clubs earlier in the year.

If we win just 1 of those games (West Ham at home, both Fulham games, draw with Chelsea on the road), we could win the title with a win against Everton.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
At the end of the day the table doesn’t lie, City have been the best team over 38 games and will deserve the title if they win on Sunday.

For us, it’s important we learn from our mistakes and come back stronger, and not let this get to us. We’ve shown brilliant improvement season upon season, and continue to improve. There are areas where our game can still go up another level.

It’s hard to take, but we can be proud of our season.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I'm so proud of the team. To do this against this City team which is blatantly cheating FFP, is still a proud achievement.

For the first time in maybe ten years we have shown true resilience and fight against the top teams, we have no fear.

Looking at our timeline, I believe we have a very strong defensive foundation, real fighters like Gabriel, Tomiyasu, Rice, class like Raya, Saliba, White, I believe we just need an extra spark in attack, it will be very hard to find someone like that ready to go next season.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I've said for a long time, if City get to 91 points there's nothing you can do. They're probably the best team in the league.

We should be really proud of our team. Second highest points tally ever. And yes, we haven't won anything. But this is progress. Next year we should add a CM and winger and win it.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
The morale of the story is don't rely on Sp**s to do you a favor. If the fate of our title hopes rests on Sp**s getting a result (or any other side for that matter), then that's on us.

Don't even buy that Son missed on purpose or whatever conspiracy is doing the rounds (they played better than I expected given their woeful performances in recent weeks). He's just in poor form/decline (he skied a 1v1 goal scoring chance against us as well and has been off the pace since the Asia Cup).

I pretty much checked out mentally once we conceded the initiative to City after the Villa defeat so didn't have much expectations that we'll win the title from that point onwards, but it's obviously still disappointing that we'll likely lose out after doing so well to rebound.

But whatever happens on the final day, unlike past seasons, we stepped up to the plate and gave it a proper go til the end, so I can't be too disappointed with their efforts. I don't even remember the last time we finished the season in such a rich vein of form. We played like a title-winning side and pushed City to the last day when our season looked dusted which shows growth. Just have to get it over the line next time.

Also, City have nearly made a mess of clinching the title on the final day on several occasions before (needing that Aguero goal vs QPR + Gundogan's heroics vs Villa) so while it's a long shot, they aren't out of the woods yet.

Preacher

Always Crying
Bowen, Kudus, Paqueta, Antonio can cook something on the counter-attack, but West Ham is perfect opponent for City. Moyes likes to park the bus, but he really doesn't know how to do it. They will concede too many chances, 25+ shots.

It's joever.

SupersoakerArsene

If we lose the league, it's because of the results vs Fulham. Bang average team where we couldn't win....
Results vs Villa are also a disgrace, but you can lose a game VS them this year. Great team.

Also these VAR moments against a team like Newcastle. Or the loss against WHU (Lol, they actually won a though away game)....

And last but not least that Son guy. Bangs in 17 goals, but can't finish a simple goal vs the 2nd keeper of Man City....

They even call it a good save by Ortega. It's just a horrendous effort from Son. Even my nephew would have shot that shot better ffs

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Didn't you predict we finish outside too 4 according to the poll? Who's the real clown here?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That Son chance will hurt, but the reactions for their fans has really taken the edge off. Got to thank them for giving us something to laugh at.

Henry, killing them on and off the pitch. Remains accurate to this day.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
At least West Ham carry more threat upfront, that’s the only thing I can cling onto right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom