• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Of course the real villain is Unai. Threw the away game at CIty and then screwed their European trophy chances because he was more worried about beating us. If Sp**s hadn't imploded they would have lost top 4 too. We literally were their cup final.
It was just criminal how we lost to Villa at home. One of the worst away teams in the league. The only half decent side they beat on the road was Sp**s who had half their team out.

It shouldn't have mattered what Unai did. They only had 2 days rest as they played in Europe, were beset with injuries, had their best midfielder suspended (Douglas Luiz). Unai still rested their 2nd best attacker (Bailey) and we still deservedly lost.

I will put it down to one of those games were we just inexplicably forgot how to play football. It just doesn't make sense how we could lose to that Villa side at home. The form they were in plus how terrible they are away from home we should have spanked them.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

It was just criminal how we lost to Villa at home. One of the worst away teams in the league. The only half decent side they beat on the road was Sp**s who had half their team out.

It shouldn't have mattered what Unai did. They only had 2 days rest as they played in Europe, were beset with injuries, had their best midfielder suspended (Douglas Luiz). Unai still rested their 2nd best attacker (Bailey) and we still deservedly lost.

I will put it down to one of those games were we just inexplicably forgot how to play football. It just doesn't make sense how we could lose to that Villa side at home. The form they were in plus how terrible they are away from home we should have spanked them.
This is true. But I also think that if we had won and were leading we might have lost/drawn some of the subsequent games.

Maybe we weren't ready. I really think we will do it next season 🙏🏼

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I want Pep to stay.
If we go on a run of dominance in England after Pep and Klopp leaves it won’t have the same satisfaction. It would be too easy.
I get what you're saying, but at the same time we're competing with a ridiculously doped entity. Yes, it would be a great flex, but it's like a student wanting to compete against a grammar school student taking amphetamines.

Out of interest, which is your favourite team? Arsenal or Xhaka's team?

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
I get what you're saying, but at the same time we're competing with a ridiculously doped entity. Yes, it would be a great flex, but it's like a student wanting to compete against a grammar school student taking amphetamines.

Out of interest, which is your favourite team? Arsenal or Xhaka's team?

I feel like the premier league would drop considerably in quality once Pep leaves. It will feel like dominating in a lesser league. It’s dropping in quality already now that Klopp is gone. Liverpool won’t be remotely competitive next season or any time soon.

Good question. Hard to answer. I’ve been an Arsenal fan for 15 years, a Bayer Leverkusen fan for only one year. But to be honest I’ve felt more joy watching Bayer Leverkusen than Arsenal this season.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I feel like the premier league would drop considerably in quality once Pep leaves. It will feel like dominating in a lesser league. It’s dropping in quality already now that Klopp is gone. Liverpool won’t be remotely competitive next season or any time soon.

Good question. Hard to answer. I’ve been an Arsenal fan for 15 years, a Bayer Leverkusen fan for only one year. But to be honest I’ve felt more joy watching Bayer Leverkusen than Arsenal this season.
Well OBVIOUSLY! You went unbeaten and won the league!!!

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Of course the standard will drop once the cheaters leave. Come on!!!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Ok that’s not what I meant lol

I’ve been more excited watching Leverkusen play than Arsenal. All season.

That's fair.

Haven't watched much of Leverkusen, but what I have seen they looked very good.

While us (especially in comparison to last season) were very meh in the first half of the season, as our midfield was a pure mess really...got much better 2nd half of the year at least.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Do you have any more cat photos? Need cheering up
Of course, I am the plug for adorable cat pictures.

I am as bad with tech as my 77 year old dad, so no idea how to actually put them into the post, so see attachments.

Who needs the league title when you have this right?!

Attachments

• 84c13a89-cd13-4240-a4d7-c4aabc8f7f74.jpeg
    84c13a89-cd13-4240-a4d7-c4aabc8f7f74.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 9
  • d27e5fdc-4ce9-460f-86e6-264644ea598c.jpeg
    d27e5fdc-4ce9-460f-86e6-264644ea598c.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 4
  • b9dc581c-135f-4fed-8ea0-fd3d033c10d4.jpeg
    b9dc581c-135f-4fed-8ea0-fd3d033c10d4.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9289.jpeg
    IMG_9289.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 9

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Praying we get an "easy" set of fixtures to start the season with, need to really hit the ground running and rack up a lot of wins and goals...put the pressure right no City from early on and show next season is OUR season!

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Of course, I am the plug for adorable cat pictures.

I am as bad with tech as my 77 year old dad, so no idea how to actually put them into the post, so see attachments.

Who needs the league title when you have this right?!
Awww, so cute!
Who's the chubby squirrel? 😂

mpower2540

Ultimately, this is on us.

Dropping points to Sp**s, west ham, fulham & villa at home is diabolical. Our putrid home form cost us & THAT is why we don't deserve the title.

If we are intent on winning the title, the Emirates needs to become what Highbury was, a ground with an intimidating aura all its own that no visiting team can hope to stand against!!
Villa away annoyed me more than Villa home tbh. We rotated for the home game in anticipation for the Bayern 2nd leg and the 1st half we were really good, 2nd half Villa were excellent.

Villa away we just kept pratting about when there was so much space in behind their high line. Liverpool away, Chelsea away, Villa away are three games I thought we left points on the table due to our own lack of thrust imo.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I have seen a few people saying that we need to do better at home next season but we actually matched City at home with 47 points. Our record was 15-2-2 wile City's record was 14-5-0

Away from how they got 44 points (14-2-3) while we only managed 42 (13-3-3)

Liverpool had the best home record with 48 points (15-3-1) but they only picked up 34 points on the road (9-7-3)

For the longest time I thought we had the best away form in the league, and comfortably so. Didn't realize City had collected two more points than us!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Voted 3rd, expected us to get much further in domestic cups and the extra games have some effects on injuries. Going out early gave us an injury free ride compared to most other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Andre Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom