• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 37 (May 11-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,785
  • Views 59,150

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Bundesliga has a higher average attendance than the PL though
Irrelevant, the worldwide interest in the PL is greater. Nobody outside of Germany cared about non-Bayern games until Leverkusen this season.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
To compete with City you have to set your team, its playing style, its cohesion and depth the season before.
You just need to hit the ground running, like Liverpool did in 19/20. There's probably no other way to do it.

Next season we need our set XI fit and ready from matchday 1. Any additions need to be phased in from the substitutes bench.
It likely can't happen though because of the international tournies.

We still need players & tweaks.

They still have a comfortably better squad & probably the best manager in the game. Likelihood is they still will next season.

We have competed with City for 2 seasons on the bounce. Liverpool did it for more seasons with a top manager & have only 1 EPL.

Let's be honest It's virtually impossible.

It's the best Arsenal team points wise since the invincibles.

Until Pep leaves or they get sanctioned its unbelievably tough.

dino bravo

Established Member

Relying on a Sp**s result vs 115 is pointless. I wouldn’t even rely on them getting a result today vs Championship Burnley.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't think PL is farmer league it's still very competitive there just only one team who levels above everyone else if this team finish every season 10+ points above the rest then you can say it's one sided league. But nothing last forever pep will f**k off soon and difficult to find someone like him

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
For me 1 club winning the majority of titles over a 10-15 year period. Don't care by how many points
In that case the PL would’ve qualified when United dominated from 1992-2003 with 9 titles, but I’m told that’s the period I should be nostalgic for.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Is this City side better than the Utd side with Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney, Carrick, Rio, Vidic etc. Or peak Chelsea with Cole, Terry, Carvalho, Makelele, Lampard, Robben, Drogba, or the Invincibles?

I’m not sure.

I think they’d even be frustrated against the Chelsea side who had Diego Costa, Hazard, Fabregas, Kante etc.

They dominated this current version of Chelsea at The Etihad but the likes of Jackson and Sterling were giving them a torrid time on the break a few months back. You could only wonder what Hazard and Willian at their best would do to them. Kante was ridiculous too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In that case the PL would’ve qualified when United dominated from 1992-2003 with 9 titles, but I’m told that’s the period I should be nostalgic for.
Arsenal won 3 and Blackburn won 1, while we came close 2nd in those periods and also went unbeaten.

Tnegs

You should do really we won a bunch of trophies and played amazing football under an incredibly charismatic manager back then

Thrice

What's better? Tottenham winning today so they gain some confidence for their game against City, or Tottenham losing so they feel the pressure of the teams behind them and their game against City becomes must win?

I think I'm grasping at straws here :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Well yeah, Wenger catapulted the popularity of the league with his brand of football and competitiveness. PL's overseas success began largely down to the Arsenal-United Wenger-Fegie rivalry

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom