• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 37 (May 11-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,785
  • Views 62,337

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Ange knew what he was getting into and still had a meltdown over it. Amazing stuff.
Might be naive, but I don't think he knew the extent. In his pre-match press conference, they kept on asking him questions about it and he got pissed off badly. Basically said it was mainly the social media fans, not reality, and that the fans would be behind them in the ground. Think he was genuinely surprised.

Last edited:

MartiSaka

Of course he was mad. Luckily for Sp**s, it’s basically the end of the season and this disagreement won’t be allowed to linger or cause more of a divide.

That comment in the presser about it being "a fragile environment" earlier, Olley cut off the end of the quote which was "fragile environment inside the club and outside the club". I wonder if there was comments/pressure from within the club to throw it? Surely not. Seems to be too upset if it was just the stupid fans.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That comment in the presser about it being "a fragile environment" earlier, Olley cut off the end of the quote which was "fragile environment inside the club and outside the club". I wonder if there was comments/pressure from within the club to throw it? Surely not. Seems to be too upset if it was just the stupid fans.

It was a disaster waiting to happen. As stubborn as Ange is with his approach, I still rate him as a manager tbh. Knew things would go left for him at Sp**s as there’s no ambition from the owner or fanbase.

People can laugh at Chelsea and Utd but both clubs have had a successful period whereas Sp**s are just an unambitious football club and a graveyard for managers that want to do significant changes. Conte summed it up right here:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It was a disaster waiting to happen. As stubborn as Ange is with his approach, I still rate him as a manager tbh.

This is the most annoying thing - he actually made some tactical changes for this game. Bless the fat bastard he really wanted to take something from it. Tottenham were way more compact than usual at the back and played without a striker so as to pack the midfield. The game plan was solid tbh. He deserves better than that stinking ****hole of a club.

Then again that’s not really a high bar. Same applies to every manager they’ve had apart from Villas Boas and Harry Redknapp. They were the right level.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I think things were probably said within the club that fans (outside) might get away with but which professionally (inside) genuinely shocked him and which he clearly wasn’t expecting.

An all round loser mentality from that joke of a club, but give credit to the guy for not sugar coating it at all.

He’s probably thinking, with the crowd behind them, they take their chances and win that game. Even if they lose it to the bettter team, at least they lose with pride.

Instead and in the cold light of day, they’re stuck in the ****ing Europa playing for pennies against Locomotive Analfissure.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Romero looked sus today. Didn’t even compete with Foden properly and then is sleeping to let Haaland score with a tap in moments later, and the slow mo replay reaction looked as if he was almost content as Haaland went off to celebrate.

Then I see him laughing and joking with Pep after the game. Not saying it’s corruption but it’s just weird behaviour. It’s almost as if he wanted to throw the game.

SteveEvets

Doku has been pretty solid, looks super dangerous. Almost won them the tie against Real after he came on. They couldn't replace Gündoğan because Paquetá's move fell through last second because of the betting thing.

I get that people want to be optimistic, but it doesn't seem realistic to me that City will get worse next season just because they're one year older. If they get a transfer ban or something, then maybe.
It's the fact that City's main players are mostly in their prime and are thus unlikely to improve drastically from here. They'll freshen up the squad in the summer, but I can't see them going up another level. Whereas we do have another level to go in this team with our main players just now starting to enter their prime years on the back of experiencing a title fight to the end and a good CL run. If there's any hope for us it's in that differential closing up.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
They'll freshen up the squad in the summer, but I can't see them going up another level.

It depends on who they get in all honesty.

Musiala would be a game changer. He takes any team in the world up a level including City.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

An all round loser mentality from that joke of a club, but give credit to the guy for not sugar coating it at all.

I can’t lie, I dislike Sp**s but I’m not sure it’s to the lengths of compromising CL football. Saying that, I do understand those on here who would say otherwise.

In 12 months from now this will all look irrelevant when they’ve had to swallow down a season of playing teams like Bodo Glimt on Thursday nights and we win the league.

Going to be a long 12 months for them and Ange.

TriniGunner

It was a disaster waiting to happen. As stubborn as Ange is with his approach, I still rate him as a manager tbh. Knew things would go left for him at Sp**s as there’s no ambition from the owner or fanbase.

People can laugh at Chelsea and Utd but both clubs have had a successful period whereas Sp**s are just an unambitious football club and a graveyard for managers that want to do significant changes. Conte summed it up right here:

Culture eats strategy anytime.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Tnegs

Big ange is doing really well to be mentioned alongside Mourinho and Conte when his past jobs were managing Melbourne something and Brisbane something else. Was he going to inspire the dressing room with tales of how his players won matches after rushing back on time from fixing someone’s burst toilet pipe?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Sp.rs did what they could to win the match. We just came up short. Tough to live with but not nearly as bad as the bottle job and Saliba injury last year

MartiSaka

I can’t lie, I dislike Sp**s but I’m not sure it’s to the lengths of compromising CL football. Saying that, I do understand those on here who would say otherwise.

In 12 months from now this will all look irrelevant when they’ve had to swallow down a season of playing teams like Bodo Glimt on Thursday nights and we win the league.

Going to be a long 12 months for them and Ange.
Ange lost a tie to Bodo Glimt in his first year at Celtic. He definitely wont want to go there.

MartiSaka

He has pissed off most of the fans through being honest (he actually got into an altercation with fans where security had to intervene during the game - supposedly fans called out to throw the game). I have a feeling that the message was also about the club ( i.e. something like levy has altered what was promised now that CL has gone) but who knows.

Hope he walks, he did it with Australian team after qualifying them for WC, as he felt he wasnt being supported by the federation. But wont get a higher profile job than Sp**s, so he probably wont.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Pretty insane to think the manager of a club calls out the club including fans out like this, can't think of another club like this let alone one where this happened three times ffs.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom