• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Hall of Fame

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ljungberg borderline :facepalm:

Is it controversial though? Which one of the players above would you take out for him?

I think he’s a borderline case like Torres and Modrić. He had one phenomenal season but compared to some of those others up there it’s hard.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Being a key player in successful teams should count for something.

Gilberto, anyone?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

David James for a start.

Decent keeper but should be nowhere near a top 50.

He’s the number four in Premier League appearances and had some great years for Portsmouth and Man City.

He’s going to the hall for sure.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Being a key player in successful teams should count for something.

Gilberto, anyone?

No chance he gets in, he had what four years as a decent contributor?

People overestimating how many players are going to get in. The likes of Torres, Berbatov, Xabi Alonso, Mascherano and Modrić are borderline cases.

Without an Arsenal bias don’t get how you can say anyone in the invincibles beyond Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira, Ashley Cole, Kolo and Campbell gets in and that’s being generous.

Riou

RvP won Utd a league, so he’ll get in. Ljunberg? Nah. Peripheral player.

You have such a poor way of talking about Arsenal players.

Peripheral player...man achieved more with one photo shoot, than you could ever dream off, G.

Starter in 2 league winning teams, a very key player in 01/02, scored in 2 FA cup finals in a row (assist in a third) and was excellent in our 2006 Champions League run in midfield.

Show some respect.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You have such a poor way of talking about Arsenal players.

Peripheral player...man achieved more with one photo shoot, than you could ever dream off, G.

Starter in 2 league winning teams, a very key player in 01/02, scored in 2 FA cup finals in a row (assist in a third) and was excellent in our 2006 Champions League run in midfield.

Show some respect.
I don’t need you telling me about Gilberto, I know more than you.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

People overestimating how many players are going to get in. The likes of Torres, Berbatov, Xabi Alonso, Mascherano and Modrić are borderline cases.

Without an Arsenal bias don’t get how you can say anyone in the invincibles beyond Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira, Ashley Cole, Kolo and Campbell gets in and that’s being generous.

There's been thousands of premier League players and we're talking about 10-15 max as dead certs from one of the leagues biggest clubs

Riou

Probably right, don't think Kolo would get in either as much as I love him...the likes of Gilberto, Petit, Overmars and Anelka had the talent, but not the sustained run to be a hall of famer. (maybe Anelka, but also probably not).

I don’t need you telling me about Gilberto, I know more than you.

Talking about Freddie mate, Gilberto joined in summer 2002.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

There's been thousands of premier League players and we're talking about 10-15 max as dead certs from one of the leagues biggest clubs

Yeah but my point is the 18 year backlog of players they have to get through.

If they’re letting in two a year by the time they get to about fifty players in the hall there’ll have been 43 years of PL football.

There’s only going to be room for the best of the best seen as there’s obviously more and more quality players joining the PL.

Probably right, don't think Kolo would get in either as much as I love him...the likes of Gilberto, Petit, Overmars and Anelka had the talent, but not the sustained run to be a hall of famer. (maybe Anelka, but also probably not).

Kolo might just because he ended up playing a lot of games for three really good teams. The Invincibles, 2011/12 Man City and the 2013/14 Pool side.

Those are three of the most famous teams in PL history so he might get in because of that.

Anelka is an interesting case, he played fourteen PL seasons across six teams and was an underrated goalscorer. Won two PL titles as a major contributor, you feel he’s deserving of a spot.

Have a feeling either they increase the admission numbers or so many will miss out, the likes of Zola, Di Canio and Le Tissier aren’t nailed on either.

Last edited:

Riou

The deadcerts for Arsenal are...Henry, Bergkamp, Adams, Vieira, Seaman, Pires, Sol, Cashley and Wright.

The first two in should probably be Giggs and Shearer, Henry should definitely get in after that though.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Yeah but my point is the 18 year backlog of players they have to get through.

If they’re letting in two a year by the time they get to about fifty players in the hall there’ll have been 43 years of PL football.

There’s only going to be room for the best of the best seen as there’s obviously more and more quality players joining the PL.

David James definitely doesn't belong in best of the best then

Don't see why they have to limit it to two a year either. Maybe have it two from each decade. We'll see.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
The deadcerts for Arsenal are...Henry, Bergkamp, Adams, Vieira, Seaman, Pires, Sol, Cashley and Wright.

The first two in should probably be Giggs and Shearer, Henry should definitely get in after that though.

Who would Sp**s get as dead certs?

Les Ferdinand, Ginola, sheringham and sol all by association but not necessarily for their time at the club

Mabbutt, king, Defoe

Kane further down the line

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Who would Sp**s get as dead certs?

Les Ferdinand, Ginola, sheringham and sol all by association but not necessarily for their time at the club

Mabbutt, king, Defoe

Kane further down the line

Bale’s getting in for sure, had three unbelievable seasons and won a lot of awards.

Sheringham and Ferdinand probably just because of longevity which is why I think David James will as well but like you say none are really Sp**s legends. Leading PL appearances for goalkeepers will get James in.

Doubt any of their other players get in until like you say Harry Kane is eligible. Modric possible but unlikely.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Bale’s getting in for sure, had three unbelievable seasons and won a lot of awards.

Sheringham and Ferdinand probably just because of longevity which is why I think David James will as well but like you say none are really Sp**s legends. Leading PL appearances for goalkeepers will get James in.

Doubt any of their other players get in until like you say Harry Kane is eligible. Modric possible but unlikely.

Bale 100%, not sure how I forgot him

Carrick and berbatov another two that can be added to the association list

Sheringham and Ferdinand both far more than deserving just because of longevity. Teddy a very clever player and Les was just a battering ram of a striker in the early to mid 90's.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom