• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphaël Varane

Status
Not open for further replies.

-vapour-

godfather said:
Humble Rex said:
Cantona springs to mind...

Did he signed Cantona from france? not, leeds

You're not the only one who believes this. So many people seem to believe that Ferguson unearthed that gem from the depths of France, when in actual fact he went there from Leeds.

Humble Rex

Established Member
-vapour- said:
godfather said:
Humble Rex said:
Cantona springs to mind...

Did he signed Cantona from france? not, leeds

You're not the only one who believes this. So many people seem to believe that Ferguson unearthed that gem from the depths of France, when in actual fact he went there from Leeds.

Where have I said Fungus signed him from France? I am well aware he signed him from Leeds.

"pink nose never got it right when signing players from France"

I naturally interpreted that as Fungus signing players of French nationality. If the French Ligue 1 is what was intended then that is what he should have written.

jus2nang

Humble Rex said:
"pink nose never got it right when signing players from France"

I naturally interpreted that as Fungus signing players of French nationality. If the French Ligue 1 is what was intended then that is what he should have written.

If he meant nationality then surely he would have said :

"pink nose never got it right when signing French players"

No?

Humble Rex

Established Member
Obviously not how I interpreted it. Could have something to do with me not being a native speaker, I don´t know. Then again, either way, Fungus has signed well from the French league too so who cares.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Matt Spiro
Lens president Gervais Martel says he's turned down #MUFC & R Madrid offers for Raphael Varane and is working with PSG to keep him in France

A move to another French club makes sense, making the move to a big English or Spanish club is a couple of years too early for him, the lad thinks the same too judging by his comment recently.

... so yeah, only the Mancs and Real have made offers it seems.

Shue

Established Member
They only have 4, and 1 is a crock, unless I'm forgetting someone?

Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling, Jones

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Evans ^^

I get the feeling Ferguson's building a squad for when he's gone, noticed all these players he's signing are quite young?

De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Young, Hernandez, the twins and maybe Varane.

Shue

Established Member
I've actually seen United fans suggest Evans is on the way out and that they think Fergie no longer believes he's good enough.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
THunter said:
Evans ^^

I get the feeling Ferguson's building a squad for when he's gone, noticed all these players he's signing are quite young?

De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Young, Hernandez, the twins and maybe Varane.

I think Ferguson has just realised that with Manchester City and Chelsea spending like crazy, the market being inflated and the chance of other clubs being taken over by wealthy foreign owners, the only way forward is signing players who will develop at the club.

A signing like De Gea may cost €20million now, but if you wait 2 or 3 years till he develops, then you will be looking at €40million and triple his wages. In addition, more clubs will be sniffing around, etc.

I find it funny that 2 years ago people, including myself, were laughing at how bad of a position United were going to be in the future. Ferdinand was old, VDS was due to decline, they had no right back, Giggs and Scholes were finished, Rooney was on the way out and they had no quality wingers.

Fast forward 2 years and they are on the verge of something special. Credit needs to go to Ferguson. It's amazing what the right signings can do as well as a bit a belief.

-vapour-

Obviously this is a Twitter rumour so to be taken with a pinch of salt... but supposedly we went in for Varane on Monday night. However, Real Madrid had already more or less sealed the deal... I wouldn't put that past us to be honest, we love leaving it till the last minute. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom